Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

This guy could be our keeper for the next 15 years. Maybe it's time to look at cashing in on Cech and building longer-term.

We'll have a new manager in the summer and the rest of Mourinho's team will be on their way (Lamps, Drogba, Cole....maybe JT), maybe we should just start with a clean slate.

No money in the world we should sell him, he's an instant replacement for Cech, how often see you that..

He could be, but the problem lies in the "instant"-part of your sentence. Some say Cech will be here for another 5 years. Courtois won't wait that long to become number one...

I'll just be honest - I'd rather sell him to Madrid/Barcelona for anything above £15mill and then buy Jack Butland from Birmingham City.

I can't put my finger on 'why', but I've just always wanted us to have an English 'keeper in the Abramovich era.

Also, once Terry, Lamps, Cole etc. are gone, we need good English talent in our team. Sturridge is sure to be gone too, and Cahill isn't good enough to be a starter for us, is he?

So why not invest in the greatest young English talent around and just let Courtois go for a big fee?

I can't remember the last time I saw an English talent as good as Butland. If I was to rack my brain, I'd probably have to say Ashley Cole...maybe.

Butland is going to be absolutely incredible in his prime.

I meant if we need to sell Courtois to Atletico in order to get Falcao, would you do that?

Ah I see.

No, no way. What's the point? We would have Falcao for 3 years until he turns 30 and then probably won't get another contract. Courtois is priceless at this point, he'll be our long-term replacement for Cech. And not only that, he's the perfect long-term replacement for Cech.

I'll just be honest - I'd rather sell him to Madrid/Barcelona for anything above £15mill and then buy Jack Butland from Birmingham City.

I can't put my finger on 'why', but I've just always wanted us to have an English 'keeper in the Abramovich era.

Also, once Terry, Lamps, Cole etc. are gone, we need good English talent in our team. Sturridge is sure to be gone too, and Cahill isn't good enough to be a starter for us, is he?

So why not invest in the greatest young English talent around and just let Courtois go for a big fee?

I can't remember the last time I saw an English talent as good as Butland. If I was to rack my brain, I'd probably have to say Ashley Cole...maybe.

That's a good point actually.

We have a serious lack of home-grown players... and if that continues then that means we have to leave spaces in the squad registration, which means a squad with less depth. Not good. I would still hate to sell Courtois though.

I'm all for buying great young English talent - I'm just not convinced that Butland comes under that category. At the moment he looks like he could be the next Simonsen/Foster/Carson/Robinson and get a lot of press simply because he's young and English.

Courtois actually looks like he could be the real deal, has played at the highest level and we already own him. Personally I'd be more inclined to sell Cech, which I'm sure some will look on like it's heresy but it's got to be an option.

he is only 20 and doing very well ...... that's the kind of talent we should keep ... but not kill that talent ...

I mean cech always play games even Capital one games !!

rotation should be applied as soon as courtois get back ...

I'll give away hilario & turnbull togther just to keep him

-------------------------------

that been said ; it just my own opinion :D