Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

If HE wants to fark off after we sold Cech to accomodate him, after we changed GK coach to accomodate him, then he can fark off. He is neither a leader of the team, a character or in great form.

We make sure we get shitload of cash, theres plenty of quality young GKs like Oblak or Donnaruma.

As long we get proper replacement, we will be fine. 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If HE wants to fark off after we sold Cech to accomodate him, after we changed GK coach to accomodate him, then he can fark off. He is neither a leader of the team, a character or in great form.

We make sure we get shitload of cash, theres plenty of quality young GKs like Oblak or Donnaruma.

As long we get proper replacement, we will be fine. 

His heart has always been in Madrid, he loves it there, that´s what you get for loaning him out for too long and i can´t blame him for enjoying it there more, Atletico molded him for us, he doesnt feel home here at all in my opinion, yes its disrespectful to Chelsea and the way the club accomodated the farker by selling our legend Cech and changing GK coach, i hate his attitude (this season´s Arsenal game), he´s too arrogant, full of himself and selfish for my liking and Chelsea dont need that, he´s got a lot to do to convince me, for me its a no brainer, straight swap with Oblak ( he´s the real deal, been watching him since his Benfica days ) and maybe try a cheeky bid for Griezmann or Carrasco while we´re at it, only if Courtois decides to leave, it may all hinge on what we achieve this season and his feelings towards Chelsea at the end of the season.

According to reports in Spain. Courtois is the number one priority for Real Madrid right now. Zidane has always been a big fan of Courtois and absolutely wants him as his number one goalkeeper. Chelsea already said that they are prepared to sell Courtois for a fixed amount of €56M.

49 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

According to reports in Spain. Courtois is the number one priority for Real Madrid right now. Zidane has always been a big fan of Courtois and absolutely wants him as his number one goalkeeper. Chelsea already said that they are prepared to sell Courtois for a fixed amount of €56M.

Good. Courtois out, and a new young GK like Jack Butland (who's also English) in.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah let's do that, let's also sell Kante and Hazard for Henderson and Townsend while we are it.

There's nothing we can do if he wants to leave. You may say Costa also wanted to leave this summer and look at him now but the mentality between Costa and Courtois is completely different. Just let him go for the right price and maybe go for someone like Oblak.

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

There's nothing we can do if he wants to leave. You may say Costa also wanted to leave this summer and look at him now but the mentality between Costa and Courtois is completely different. Just let him go for the right price and maybe go for someone like Oblak.

Well that's a different argument either way, I was responding to the post suggesting we should sell him and get Butland which would be mental.

6 good months with Stoke don't match up to what Tibo has done.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well that's a different argument either way, I was responding to the post suggesting we should sell him and get Butland which would be mental.

6 good months with Stoke don't match up to what Tibo has done.

To be fair Tibo only had 1 good season with us. Thats only 9 months really. He has been shit since with the odd spectacular save.

47 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

To be fair Tibo only had 1 good season with us. Thats only 9 months really. He has been shit since with the odd spectacular save.

Since about February after his return, I remember that United game he made two top saves I've only seen bettered since by Lloris the other night.

After that he was actually keeping us in games but unfortunately he was still at the same time making point costing errors (like against Stoke, ironically the media love child did the same thing against the same opponents two weeks ago) and that was overshadowing it, I guess rightly.

And he has more than just the year with us, three at Leti and that one at Genk were he practically by all accounts single handed won them the league, yes it's not a strong league but for perspective he was 18, the same age as Tammy now, and we are getting (rightly) all excited over his displays in the Championship.

20 hours ago, Beepu said:

Where is he going to go? Atletico and Real will be serving transfer bans. If not then I would do a straight swap with Oblak if he really wants to leave. I hope he stays though.

I think the only team that can afford him & would make sense next season is Juventus. They may want to line up a Buffon replacement, but I get the feeling if we browsed some Juve forums they'd seem confident they have a young Italian lined up. Anything else is a step down unless Barcelona have a brain-fart, ship Stegen back to Germany or over here, and take Courtois for some sake.

It'd be hot if this guy believed in himself enough to say, I'll go to a smaller team, like Leverkusen, and help build a dyansty in whatever way I can. But I bet this bitch will hold out for a team that can hide his weaknesses.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

It'd be hot if this guy believed in himself enough to say, I'll go to a smaller team, like Leverkusen, and help build a dyansty in whatever way I can. But I bet this bitch will hold out for a team that can hide his weaknesses.

Why should he? Should Bill Gates hand over his fortune and buisnesses for evening shifts at Tesco just to "prove" he has what it takes in the world?

Despite his recent form he is a proven top class keeper, and by hide his weakness I assume you mean play behind a great defense? Well no defense is great without a top or alteast very good keeper, none. Remember what happened to our record breaking defense when Hilario had to go in, even Carvalho looked lost, they even looked a bit more shaky than usual when Carlo went in for Cech.

And do you think Donnaruma will go Juve? He's as die hard Milan as they come and the chances of them not having another successful period in the next twenty odd years is highly unlikely.

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Why should he? Should Bill Gates hand over his fortune and buisnesses for evening shifts at Tesco just to "prove" he has what it takes in the world?

Despite his recent form he is a proven top class keeper, and by hide his weakness I assume you mean play behind a great defense? Well no defense is great without a top or alteast very good keeper, none. Remember what happened to our record breaking defense when Hilario had to go in, even Carvalho looked lost, they even looked a bit more shaky than usual when Carlo went in for Cech.

And do you think Donnaruma will go Juve? He's as die hard Milan as they come and the chances of them not having another successful period in the next twenty odd years is highly unlikely.

If Gates can't keep his own shop open, he may have to go back to his garage. Point is it's been a long time since i've seen Courtois playing at a level which enables him to really put up a challenge on the world's very best. Despite him being uncomfortable af and leading to disunity (recent Cahill incident), his quality of deliveries has been going down, not up, maybe perceptive...

If i remember correctly, you're bringing up a slightly different Gates comparison for the second time in a row. Once it was mentioned to build a case for managers (Pep Guardiola) now you're back at it again to make it work for keepers. Personally, i disagree when relating it to them. Why?! Because it's a different job. At a big club there're games where you don't even have to make a save, whereas at small clubs, it's save after save and i agree with the assessment that it's much easier to work all the time. In the end they're just different job-profiles, depends on what you'd want.

You seem to be one of the regular match goers, but i for one can't remember Cech being that bad for that long amount of time back in the day. But maybe i'm wrong...

I wouldn't sell Courtois. He's frustrating af, because he could be as good as De Gea, (IMO) and it doesn't help his case either that he doesn't come across as someone who's out looking for new friends, not that different to Kevin, imo. But seeing the likes of Navas and Karius tells you that as a club you can do most likely a lot worse. Nevertheless because he's not living up to his (predicted) potential, people ain't happy!