Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Thibaut Courtois

Domino-
Followers 3

cech does not have that many more years at top performance..during this summer after champions league he was excluded from some prep matches for euros as well as just when this season was new excluded from international friendlies due to his elbow issue which he is going to have to get surgery to repair.. the only way i see him continuing for more than 2yrs at chelsea is if he retires from international football.. so courtois could be here sooner rather than later

Doesn't he also have a knee problem ? I thought Courtois said that a while ago and then got reprimanded for it by Chelsea ?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's always the chance that Courtois does a WWF-style move in the 90th minute of the second leg. Score is 0-0, extra time is looming, Torres takes a shot from 12 yards which eventually reaches Cour

He nailed that penalty like it was De Bruyne's bird.

When I rewatched the save of the 1v1 I noticed he seems to get low to the ground so quickly, and I mean this in a good way Just watch Scznenzyzne-thingy against Naismith yesterday When he gets in t

Posted Images

I doubt it. Cech has 4-5 years to go. As long as he won´t get injured, he will play for Chelsea. Cech is clearly among the top gollies in the world. Occasionally he makes blunders but over the years he was & still is very instrumental in Chelsea´s success, I feel.

• Like 1

Chelsea keeper wants to stay in Madrid

Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois says he wants to stay at Atletico Madrid for another year.

The Belgian goalkeeper, 20, has yet to play for the London club since his move from Genk in 2011.

He wants to remain playing regular football and feels a prolonged period in Spain will help his development.

"I am Chelsea player, but I am happy here," he told AS. "I'll have to see what is best for them but I would be very happy if I stayed here for another year.

"I still haven't spoken to Chelsea though. If I can't play for them, then Atletico is the best club I can be at.

"It would be important for me and the club to make the Champions League next season. I am very happy here."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130115/chelsea-keeper-wants-stay-madrid-189342?

I questioned his acquisition. It was not needed. Money spent = dead wood. The kid is not helping the team.

Try to think it over. Good luck. The knowledge of football has nothing to do with business deals.

From a business point of view, it was a good deal. From a player who is bought to help the team, shitty one.

we bought Delac as a possible long term replacement ...agree there was no point in buying Courtois

Since these players are not paid for out of my pocket, mind you I could not afford them anyway, but I still feel Roman should get involved a bit more here. Unless, he really does not care & just forks out his money.

If I am correct in my calculation, Chelsea spent millions uselessly.

Currently, the team have problems with the midfield. Wasted money could have been used to buy a midfielder, I feel.

I am happy he's been left to his own devices in Spain. It means there is no pressure on him, whereas if we were constantly keeping tabs of him by going to watch his games he would be under a lot of indirect pressure and scrutiny. Its a wise decision just to let him play and develop, and then in 2 years time finally arrive at the club.

this might be one if not the best gk in the world in some years,what a potential.

i wouldnt be suprised if he's already in the top10 of best gk's atm,what gem we have here

i can see him going to Barca next year. Valdes won't sign his contract extension, so why not they were linked with him

Because he has a long term contract with us, that's why.

• Like 2

I laugh when United fans think that frail, 100lb whimp De Gea is the best young keeper in the world.

Guess they haven't seen this 6'6" 200lb behemoth play. Already looks the business and is only 20. Also doesn't have silly blonde pubes on his face like Flappy Hands at United.

I laugh when United fans think that frail, 100lb whimp De Gea is the best young keeper in the world.

Guess they haven't seen this 6'6" 200lb behemoth play. Already looks the business and is only 20. Also doesn't have silly blonde pubes on his face like Flappy Hands at United.

I haven't seen enough coutois game to make a judgement but de gea imo is already one of the best "shot stopper"
After Victor Valdes, De Gea is the most overrated keeper

@communicate was only talking about the shot stopping part though. De Gea is an extremely agile goalkeeper and he can make wonderful saves but a good keeper is required to do so much more than that, and overall De Gea is very average, at least as far as playing in the Premier League goes.

Back to Courtois now. Barca can have him...

...if they give us Messi in exchange. :Goober:

• Like 4