Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

This comparison reminds me of Van Der Sar/Čech comparison. :D

Prime Cech>Courtois>Prime Van der Sar(>>>>>>Lehman/Reina>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Almunia)

Always thought VDS received too much praise. Saved an incredibly weak penalty from Anelka in the CL final (still a bit bitter about that) and people went crazy about him.

Big Nose is going to comfortably surpass them both.

Neuer may be the best, but his mistakes are often overlooked in my opinion. It sometimes looks like he has an immunity totem.

1. Neuer

2. Courtois

3. Buffon

4. de Gea

5. Cech

Can't really argue about those five being better than the rest. You can suggest a change-around regarding the order, but I honestly think only Neuer is a better all-round keeper than TBO.

Are you talking about this season? If yes Keylor Navas has to be in this ranking, he's been outstanding this season.

Neuer may be the best, but his mistakes are often overlooked in my opinion. It sometimes looks like he has an immunity totem.

Are you talking about this season? If yes Keylor Navas has to be in this ranking, he's been outstanding this season.

As an aggregate over the past three seasons.

Yes Neuer makes mistakes, but so do all the rest.

Everybody makes mistakes, but Courtois makes less mistakes than Neuer. Certainly true. Neuer being chosen above Courtois has to do with 3 things:

1. Showgoalkeeper

2. Bayern is at least top 3 worldwide

3. Age. People keep thinking that a 23 year old can never be the best goalkeeper because he is 23 years old.

Man I always thought Diego Alvez was going to become one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Used to watch his progress at Almeria, same with Sergio Asenjo before DDG and TBO vanquished him to the abyss :lol:

Who else was there? Igor Akinfeev was beat in Pro Evo 6 years and Football manager :lol:

Oh the memories :D

Man I always thought Diego Alvez was going to become one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Used to watch his progress at Almeria, same with Sergio Asenjo before DDG and TBO vanquished him to the abyss :lol:

Who else was there? Igor Akinfeev was beat in Pro Evo 6 years and Football manager :lol:

Vincenzo Fiorillo I turned into a beast on fifa 09 career mode (maybe 10) that era, right now he is on loan at Pescara in Serie B.

LOL Asenjo was one of the best buys on FIFA 09/10 :lol:

There were also a winger and a striker whom I always signed and who also went from late 60s to late 80s in a few seasons, but I can't even remember their names! :lol:

He did something last night that I haven't really seen since Cech in his prime...not only did he make a great save (curled shot going in the top corner) but he caught the thing as well. Made it look like nothing. He knew exactly what was going to happen.

The best in the world for me. Never once have I rated Neuer, not once. He gets the plaudits for his kamikaze style (which he can often be punished for, see him Vs. Dejan Stankovic) because he has nothing to do in the Bundesliga. Tends to get found out in the CL once put under pressure. Would you see Tibo make those types of mistakes he has made? I'm not talking about coming for a punch and not getting enough on it (which is what happened the other night), I'm talking getting suck in no man's land and looking like an absolute fool. Would you fuck.

Remember our CL final? He had fuck all to do until the 90th minute and it went it at his near post (even though he got a hand to it) - while Cech save a barrage for 120mins including a penalty - those are the real moments that separate the greats. Look at him against Arsenal this year for Christ sake. Muck.

You could count Courtois mistakes last season on one hand, but Neuer? Ha, don't make me laugh. There is a reason for the amount of compilation videos of his fails.

He did something last night that I haven't really seen since Cech in his prime...not only did he make a great save (curled shot going in the top corner) but he caught the thing as well. Made it look like nothing. He knew exactly what was going to happen.

The best in the world for me. Never once have I rated Neuer, not once. He gets the plaudits for his kamikaze style (which he can often be punished for, see him Vs. Dejan Stankovic) because he has nothing to do in the Bundesliga. Tends to get found out in the CL once put under pressure. Would you see Tibo make those types of mistakes he has made? I'm not talking about coming for a punch and not getting enough on it (which is what happened the other night), I'm talking getting suck in no man's land and looking like an absolute fool. Would you fuck.

Remember our CL final? He had fuck all to do until the 90th minute and it went it at his near post (even though he got a hand to it) - while Cech save a barrage for 120mins including a penalty - those are the real moments that separate the greats. Look at him against Arsenal this year for Christ sake. Muck.

You could count Courtois mistakes last season on one hand, but Neuer? Ha, don't make me laugh. There is a reason for the amount of compilation videos of his fails.

You can't really use the CL 2012 final as a criticism of Neuer when the goal Cech conceded was one of the softest in CL history. Football's a funny game... Cech made a penalty save in normal time and then two in the shoot-out to become a legend. If Drogba hadn't have scored and we lost 1-0, a lot of people would have blamed Cech for us losing, and quite rightly so, IMO.

The fact is Neuer has revolutionised the position of the goalkeeper to such an extent that the FA are asking people like me who deliver UK Level 1/Level 2 Goalkeeper courses to use him as a case study for almost every different technical and tactical element the position entails.

You can't really use the CL 2012 final as a criticism of Neuer when the goal Cech conceded was one of the softest in CL history. Football's a funny game... Cech made a penalty save in normal time and then two in the shoot-out to become a legend. If Drogba hadn't have scored and we lost 1-0, a lot of people would have blamed Cech for us losing, and quite rightly so, IMO.

The fact is Neuer has revolutionised the position of the goalkeeper to such an extent that the FA are asking people like me who deliver UK Level 1/Level 2 Goalkeeper courses to use him as a case study for almost every different technical and tactical element the position entails.

Neuer actually did almost as well as Petr during the shootouts as well but 3 of the pens were unstoppable and the 4th a 50-50.

Neuer get the plaudits because he technically he almost always executes everything from shot stopping, to footwork to positioning to movement to kicking to organizing...etc. almost to perfection. It's about as unanimous as it gets about him being the best in the world.

You think it's something we're going to see a lot more of though? The standard being set requires goalkeepers to be a lot more technically able.. Talking about coaching an entirely different way aren't we?