Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Those decisions will be easier to make with experience. I always forget he is so young and is, of course, going to make the odd error here or there. It's such a shame because he makes a wonder-save from Gomis' header in the lead-up to Ayew's goal but gets no luck, and then makes a poor decision which ultimately cost us a chance at getting the three points (although, weirdly, if it have stayed 11v11 I could have seen Swansea going for it, they were quite subdued after they equalised and I was amazed they didn't press their advantage to a greater extent).

Those decisions will be easier to make with experience. I always forget he is so young and is, of course, going to make the odd error here or there. It's such a shame because he makes a wonder-save from Gomis' header in the lead-up to Ayew's goal but gets no luck, and then makes a poor decision which ultimately cost us a chance at getting the three points (although, weirdly, if it have stayed 11v11 I could have seen Swansea going for it, they were quite subdued after they equalised and I was amazed they didn't press their advantage to a greater extent).

They were on the front foot for 10-15 minutes after the red card but then decided to back off a little, probably afraid that we might score a late winner and take all the points. If Gomis wasn't so erratic up front, they could have easily won the game.

Made a mistake that came out due to poor defending. Though i don't think that Gomis would have been able to score from the angle that the ball was going and Cahill back-tracking -- it's something that happens.

He is only 23 years old, and despite the amount experience he has gained allready as well as the vital natural talent he has, it is these situations that he learns from that will improve more. Hell, he has what possibly 15 years left in him still? Definitely going to be a goalkeeper that will be heralded for his terrific saves rather then the odd ocassional mistakes.

I'm angry because imo tibo didn't give he's 100%....
very stupid decisions sometimes ... like he's a young GK...

So he made a bad decision, does that mean he didnt give 100% ?

And he IS a young GK actually, its easy to forget since he's already one of the top.

I'm one of Cech's biggest fans (well, was, he isn't Chels any more so I wish him a lifetime of pain and misery), but some of the fuck-ups he made were ten times worse than what Courtois did today. The only major brainfart moment Courtois has had for us was when he let Hernandez score for Hull in the 3-2 at the KC Stadium last spring. Cech made a lot of bad mistakes too, remember. Like when he let Sessegnon's shot squirm through him in the 2-2 with West Brom in 2013/14; the concession at his near post from Pastore in the same season vs PSG at the Parc des Princes; how he fumbled Maloney's shot in for Villa in that Boxing Day 4-4 back in 2007; you can even argue he made a major mistake in the 2012 UCL final by letting Muller score (everyone seems to forget how soft a goal that was, Cech totally misjudged the bounce, although admittedly it was at very close range).

True. We tend to forget this all and overreact.

"I just think that tibo must improve his decisions..."

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/10547-13-thibaut-courtois/page-247#entry1128459

I said i hope asmir can challenge him... that's it...

Well ...

I'm just angry that we let cech go so easly when tibo is not that great...

You also said this. I get that you are emotional, but it doesn't mean Tibo is just a mediocre goalie.

N E G A T I V E

E

G

A

T

I

V

E

Two (2) points for my fantasy football team. This simply cannot stand.

Serves you right for wasting one of your 3 coveted Chelsea spots on keeper :D:D

Norwich got destroyed by Crystal Palace, and Ruddy still got me 2 points