Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Dodgy in the air today. Is he fully fit? Gonna have to believe he is after all the comments Holland said about there being no need to risk Courtois when he wasn't 100% after his thumb injury. Certainly not been his usual self both today and in the City game. Even more noticeable than usual considering his performances against the Scouse.

Dodgy in the air today. Is he fully fit? Gonna have to believe he is after all the comments Holland said about there being no need to risk Courtois when he wasn't 100% after his thumb injury. Certainly not been his usual self both today and in the City game. Even more noticeable than usual considering his performances against the Scouse.

Yep.. pretty bad handling today.

He's two or three bad games in a row away from getting dropped to the bench. Now that he's signed his contract, Jose has no reason to give him preferential treatment especially when there's a world class and reliable GK on the bench.

woah woah woah calm down. 2 or 3 bad games in a row? He made one mistake against City (and that was the only mistake he made all game) and few today. No need to over exaggerate and suggest we drop him which I think you're hinting at.

also i like how this thread only has traffic when he performs poorly.

woah woah woah calm down. 2 or 3 bad games in a row? He made one mistake against City (and that was the only mistake he made all game) and few today. No need to over exaggerate and suggest we drop him which I think you're hinting at.

also i like how this thread only has traffic when he performs poorly.

"Two or three bad games in a row away" I have bolded the key word for you

It worried me a little bit, he seems cannot catch the ball in several occasions, and decided to punch it instead, including the easy one. Is he lost his confidence, because of fingers injury? Better play Cech, if it's the case, until he is ready.

Well whether he catches or punches is irrelevant, though catching is always preferential. You just want your goalkeeper to be positive and commanding. He's been anything but that. But give the kid a break. Maybe, if anything, he's becoming a little bit too cavalier in his aerial approach. We all know how good he is in the air. Just uncharacteristic of him not to be plucking balls out of the sky left, right and centre.

Why be worried, lol. No one is as strong in the air as Courtois. They call something like that a bad game. Maybe he was a bit off because the Man City goal was partially his fault. He wants to be perfect, and for me he is certainly the goalkeeper with the least amount of mistakes in the world. In that case he needs to regain his little bit lack of confidence, and putting him on the bench is the worst option then. Ofcourse, it can't take too long, certainly when you have Cech on the bench. I agree with that.

Why be worried, lol. No one is as strong in the air as Courtois. They call something like that a bad game. Maybe he was a bit off because the Man City goal was partially his fault. He wants to be perfect, and for me he is certainly the goalkeeper with the least amount of mistakes in the world. In that case he needs to regain his little bit lack of confidence, and putting him on the bench is the worst option then. Ofcourse, it can't take too long, certainly when you have Cech on the bench. I agree with that.

Agreed, if he is short on any confidence because he feels culpable for the City equaliser, benching him would shatter what confidence he has remaining.

It worried me a little bit, he seems cannot catch the ball in several occasions, and decided to punch it instead, including the easy one. Is he lost his confidence, because of fingers injury? Better play Cech, if it's the case, until he is ready.

Said in a post-match interview that Agbonlahor was trying everthing to prevent Courtois from rushing out to catch the ball. Agbonlahor even tried to stand on Courtois' foot in the beginning of the game when Villa crossed the ball. Maybe he lost his focus a bit and was focussing too much on Agbonlahor after that. It's something he'll have to cope with in the Premier League.

No reason to drop him at the moment, if he doesn't make a big error in the next game, he'll be fine.