Domino-
Followers 3

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's always the chance that Courtois does a WWF-style move in the 90th minute of the second leg. Score is 0-0, extra time is looming, Torres takes a shot from 12 yards which eventually reaches Cour

He nailed that penalty like it was De Bruyne's bird.

When I rewatched the save of the 1v1 I noticed he seems to get low to the ground so quickly, and I mean this in a good way Just watch Scznenzyzne-thingy against Naismith yesterday When he gets in t

Posted Images

Yea, he looked nervy when he had the ball to his feet too, Everton were putting him under so much pressure though.

Not used to the high tempo game of the pl.

But he's still been good.

Just a slight aberration on that Eto'o goal but more than made up for it with the astonishing save from Mirallas.

Not to be picky, but in the Mirallas save (wasn't it Baines?) he made up for his own mistake that led to that very chance. He gave it away with a bad pass.

• Like 1

Not to be picky, but in the Mirallas save (wasn't it Baines?) he made up for his own mistake that led to that very chance. He gave it away with a bad pass.

Harsh to put that down completely on him as it looked like him and Azpi had a breakdown in communication and the latter wasn't aware he'd been fed the ball.

• Like 2

I'm a goalkeeper so I'll defend his distribution. If you watch, Azpi moves away from the ball Thibaut bowls out. Mainly because he has no idea what's going on. So rather than blaming Thibaut, I'd say Azpi isn't paying enough attention in that move. He should always move to the ball, that's what I teach the kids I coach. He realised he was under pressure, panicked, and in the end it was Thibaut who rescued us with an incredible save. However I do agree Thibaut was perhaps a bit too eager and distributed almost too early, perhaps Azpi wasn't expecting the pass after two seasons with Cech, who holds the ball and calms things down. But that is a demonstration of Cech's experience (holding the ball and allowing the defence to reset) and Courtois' youthful exuberance.

• Like 3

someone said he looks hesitant coming for crosses SOMETHING I haven't seen at all .

IMO he has been almost perfect in every game including pre season

That's weird. If anything, he's been a bit too eager at times.

• Like 1

Thibo is an infant in goalkeeper years, it's scary to think how much better he can still become. Although I'm no expert, but when I see him play, I can't see any big faults, only minor ones from time to time. His reflexes and command of the area is as good as any. With accumulation of experience and top class coaching, he will become the best.

• Like 3

I'm a goalkeeper so I'll defend his distribution. If you watch, Azpi moves away from the ball Thibaut bowls out. Mainly because he has no idea what's going on. So rather than blaming Thibaut, I'd say Azpi isn't paying enough attention in that move. He should always move to the ball, that's what I teach the kids I coach. He realised he was under pressure, panicked, and in the end it was Thibaut who rescued us with an incredible save. However I do agree Thibaut was perhaps a bit too eager and distributed almost too early, perhaps Azpi wasn't expecting the pass after two seasons with Cech, who holds the ball and calms things down. But that is a demonstration of Cech's experience (holding the ball and allowing the defence to reset) and Courtois' youthful exuberance.

@ Atlético he did the same thing as cech was doing, & then hoof the ball to Costa :) (instructed by Simeoni I guess)

@ Genk, he was famous for his quick distribution, that started loads of dangerous counter attacks (&goals).

Sometimes he does hold the ball up, like he did @ the end of the Everton game.

• Like 1

Azpi wasn't completely innocent either, waited a long time before he reacted to Courtois' throw.

• Like 3