The PES Thread

chrismada9

PES used to be the better game during the PS2 days, but now FIFA has just taken over.

Exactly.

Discussion over.

@Tx it took you long enough to reply, over an hour XD

I'm usually doing multiple other things whilst surfing talk Chelsea, especially when in a discussion on other forums etc etc.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like it uses the same engine as the last 4 did. Guess I'll skip this one too.

From the looks of it. I hope they make the game look like real football rather then using some stupid and buggy animations. I hope they improve jostling and the shooting system the most and make the game feel more natural. I kinda expected PES11 to have some flaws because it was a huge gameplay change KONAMI did. Now, they need to put some more work into it, learn from their mistakes and try to deliver us a better game :)

Real vids for Pes12 and some little news ;)

Improved atmosphere:

1.jpg

KONAMI hinted at this some month ago and now we can see the result. Moving camermen, fans wearing their team's shirts and a lot of other off the field stuff being animated.

More emotions:

4.jpg

The players are reacting extensively to what's happening on the field. While it may seem exaggerated at parts it's surely a great addition to the game.

Improved graphics

Another thing you can see on the Pique pic are the improved shirt details. The wrinkles and light effects on the shirt look a lot more realistic than in the 2011 edition.

The whole graphics have not been changed a lot, but what has been changed was certainly an improvement.

2.jpg

Can't say too much about the actual gameplay but what we can see in this video in terms of animations and ball phyiscs certainly does not look bad at all. There are some very interesting gameplay additions could be spotted in the trailer, like the France player holding up play cleverly before laying it off for the shot.

Off the ball runs were present in the video as well and looked quite impressive but it's too early for a prediction.

Better nets:

3.jpg

KONAMI got rid of the strange nets which have been there ever since next gen.

It's got the looks i'll give it that...

Just because I'm on Fifa now does not mean i'm a fanboy, my faviroute ever footie games are Pes 5&6. Since 6 they have been on a sharp decline... 2011 was a step in the right direction but for me nowhere near as good as Fifa11... I'll get the demo and see how I like the gameplay :carlo:

It's got the looks i'll give it that...

Just because I'm on Fifa now does not mean i'm a fanboy, my faviroute ever footie games are Pes 5&6. Since 6 they have been on a sharp decline... 2011 was a step in the right direction but for me nowhere near as good as Fifa11... I'll get the demo and see how I like the gameplay :carlo:

That's basically the exact same as me.

When i played PES on PS1 and PS2, i was hooked, it was the pinnacle of football games except the licensing but i made all the kits on PES anyway so i didn't mind it that much, could put Arsenal in a pink kit or something. Since the PS3 came out, Fifa on PS3 just got better and PES has gone downhill rapidly. I want PES to get back to it's old levels because i believe PES at it's best is better than Fifa at its best because Fifa feels very samey especially against the CPU, it's boring. Haven't played the PS2 versions of PES 08, 09, 10 and 11 tho so they might even still be upto standard, i dunno. Fifa on PS2 was utter shit, worse than shit.

PES always had better appearences though than Fifa, the players looked a lot better but Fifa had the animations and licencing (although not enough international stuff for my liking). I'll look forward to playing the PES 12 demo and see how it is. I loved 06, especially the training mode where u had lots of scenario's and challenges. Since PS3, they just ditched all the decent training stuff and made even that boring.

PES = PS2

FIFA = PS3

The last PES i owned was 2009. These are the kits i made for the prem (Season 08/09 obviously) shame i cannot remember the password for that account lol.

The game looks all great. If AI will be improved as it's said, then I can't see negatives. Maybe if they won't add more leagues..but fans are crying for that for ages so I think KONAMI gonna do that. I mean unlicensed leagues, who gives a f..k. Just more leagues, more teams, more quality. And ML should be improved as it's same for last 2 years - Stadium stuff, pre-season games, more detailes schedule, much more injuries, national super cups, academy/youth team stuff and more realistic developments. I've got Ramires at 98 in my ML at the moment.

The game looks all great. If AI will be improved as it's said, then I can't see negatives. Maybe if they won't add more leagues..but fans are crying for that for ages so I think KONAMI gonna do that. I mean unlicensed leagues, who gives a f..k. Just more leagues, more teams, more quality. And ML should be improved as it's same for last 2 years - Stadium stuff, pre-season games, more detailes schedule, much more injuries, national super cups, academy/youth team stuff and more realistic developments. I've got Ramires at 98 in my ML at the moment.

Don't worry about teams, leagues and stadiums. Patch solves that easily ;)

Yes I'm feelin the same. I meant the game needs more leagues, even unlicensed, to make more options, and quality. They added one in 2011 (PES League) and it helped Master League so much. Now they should add 2-3 more leagues to have also patched Portugal, Russian, maybe Brazilian league.

I'd love it if Konami came to their senses and actually licensed all the teams this time, rather than just give them default logos and no licensed kits except for the Spanish, Dutch and French leagues.

Licensing only 2 Premier League teams is pretty ridiculous!! And what was also really stupid, was that in the last game, Brazil's kit wasn't licensed, when every single game they have released before, they had done so. No idea what made them decide not to do it.

I'd love it if Konami came to their senses and actually licensed all the teams this time, rather than just give them default logos and no licensed kits except for the Spanish, Dutch and French leagues.

Licensing only 2 Premier League teams is pretty ridiculous!! And what was also really stupid, was that in the last game, Brazil's kit wasn't licensed, when every single game they have released before, they had done so. No idea what made them decide not to do it.

It's not up to them I think, only EA has the license for EPL. But honestly, I don't care for licenses, because a week after the game is released it gets patched up by the huge modding community and that gets solved.

It's not up to them I think, only EA has the license for EPL. But honestly, I don't care for licenses, because a week after the game is released it gets patched up by the huge modding community and that gets solved.

Meh! That really sucks. I reckon that's the only thing that FIFA is better than PES on, the licensing of the teams. I hope Chelsea get licensed this year though, that would be nice!