Mis-firing Torres

We did not get to see Torres in full last year. He was obviously suffering from fatigue and low confidence. I imagine AVB gave him a blank slate. That, added with a summer of rest should mean an improved and once again lethal Torres.

(It better mean an improved and once again lethal Torres. That £50 million will end up being the biggest waste of money in the history of football if he keeps playing like he did after he transferred.)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres showed nothing last season to suggest that he would/might return to his best next season. if we want to base his resurgence next season on reputation and age then may I suggest Ronaldinho, kaka, Robinho,Ribery et al.I'm sure those names ring a bell. when I accurately predicted the decline of kaka and Adriano (inter) a couple of years back, some of my colleagues thought I had lost my mind. But for the sake of this great club, I hope Torres proves me wrong next season

Guest justin_3d

Torres showed nothing last season to suggest that he would/might return to his best next season. if we want to base his resurgence next season on reputation and age then may I suggest Ronaldinho, kaka, Robinho,Ribery et al.I'm sure those names ring a bell. when I accurately predicted the decline of kaka and Adriano (inter) a couple of years back, some of my colleagues thought I had lost my mind. But for the sake of this great club, I hope Torres proves me wrong next season

I hope he proves me wrong as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest justin_3d

enjoy amusing yourself then

Would Torres be better at United? Barcelona? Real Madrid?

Let me just quote somebody:

The team is crying out for creative players and natural wingers anyway, so if that doesn't work for Torres then we have our answer. Although you could argue unless he gets his confidence back he's still going to play poorly, regardless of any newly found creativity in the team.

AVB's views on Torres from his press conference, and the comparisons he made with Falcao were encouraging though, to say the least.

I agree with this, but Torres plays for Spain.

SPAIN!

How much creative players and winger can you get then that?

And even then Torres is piece poor.

The slow Spanish NT buildup doesn't suit Torres but his Spanish NT teammates have still praised his work which often includes occupying defenders and stretching the defense.

Why was Torres so successful at Liverpool? They didn't have wide players either. The main difference they played quickly to Torres.

Some Chelsea fans want to write Torres off after 4 months. Others are willing to give him some time. I'm in the latter group.

Guest justin_3d

The slow Spanish NT buildup doesn't suit Torres but his Spanish NT teammates have still praised his work which often includes occupying defenders and stretching the defense.

Why was Torres so successful at Liverpool? They didn't have wide players either. The main difference they played quickly to Torres.

Some Chelsea fans want to write Torres off after 4 months. Others are willing to give him some time. I'm in the latter group.

The same i heard from our Chelsea players towards Torres.....

@ justin you are absolutely spot on

He was so shit that he was dropped to the bench for the WC final against the Netherland.

A player that struggles to score in a team that has Xavi, Iniesta,Navas,David Silva,Fabregas,Alonso. . .(super creative players) is undoubtedly shit and hopeless

Guest justin_3d

I still want him to start knocking the goals in. The sooner the better.

Dude, I hope for my life that Torres comes good.

But i still yet to see anything that says otherwise.

I can put all my hope on AVB, but if the players is finish, he is finish.

I really thought Mourinho would bring the best out of Kaka, and I am still waiting....

@ justin you are absolutely spot on

He was so shit that he was dropped to the bench for the WC final against the Netherland.

A player that struggles to score in a team that has Xavi, Iniesta,Navas,David Silva,Fabregas,Alonso. . .(super creative players) is undoubtedly shit and hopeless

Wow.

Hate to see what you say of players who don't play for Chelsea.

Anyhow, I take it you don't really watch many Spain games and know very little about how they play and how they used to play prior to 2008. I also will give you the benefit of doubt that you don't know that Torres had two knee surgeries prior to the WC. He was on the pitch in S. Africa less than 2 months after his 2nd surgery. It was for his meniscus. Kaka had similar surgery after the WC and he was out for 4 months.

But yeah, Torres is so shit Vicente Del Bosque not only wanted him in the squad but as a starter despite fitness issues. VDB, if it wasn't for his trophies, he would be an idiot. Same goes for Luis Aragones, who kept playing Torres despite knowing that the switch to tika-taka after the 2006 World Cup was not suited to Torres' game. Other than winning Spain's first title in 44 years, Aragones is hopeless at football too.