Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

The real question is...

What manager is crazy enough to take this cursed job?

Any world-class manager needs just 1 look at how we handle a crisis & they'll run a mile..

You're forgetting about one thing that will attract every manager and that's the

MONEY.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So from what i see here, he is a coach that gives chances to new blood, which is what most are asking here....

Marco lacks experience and any succes. Only Chelsea-men should get the chance to manage Chelsea without those things.

If Van Basten is hired as amanger, may aswell says good bye to CL glory in the next year. And so it seems the same old story has carried on, one man comes and goes. This time, he brought success and had the oppertunity to do it once again and failed but was never given the second chance. To say that Carlo was Roman's ideal choice, to treat as such is so fucking wrong! I don't care who is next in the firing line, because with the way this club is being run - it is hard to see that we will ever win the CL.

Perhaps Roman isn't seeking for CL, but to build something for the long term ?

Guest justin_3d

Marco lacks experience and any succes. Only Chelsea-men should get the chance to manage Chelsea without those things.

Exactly. It is why i will be stupefy by Roman and the board if they hire Van Basten.

I've posted this before about Van Basten; he didn't win one single game outside of the first round in either the Euro or World Cup. He has only managed one season at the club level. That was with Ajax and not only did he not win the league with the most storied Dutch club, he couldn't even get them into the Champions League.

I'm ambivalent about Carlo's departure but MVB doesn't inspire much hope. I agree that the positive is he will likely be happy to remold the club. I think this is absolutely necessary. The problem is that he hasn't actually shown he can win.

Bookies have Villas-Boas much higher on the list than I thought after all of his comments about sticking with Porto, maybe they know something we don't. I think it will be van Basten.

Music to my ears Bookies always know somthing extra. What are the odds exactly?

Guest justin_3d

Perhaps Roman isn't seeking for CL, but to build something for the long term ?

Long term??

So to get a coach that is lesser then Carlo is building for long term?

Guest justin_3d

I've posted this before about Van Basten; he didn't win one single game outside of the first round in either the Euro or World Cup. He has only managed one season at the club level. That was with Ajax and not only did he not win the league with the most storied Dutch club, he couldn't even get them into the Champions League.

I'm ambivalent about Carlo's departure but MVB doesn't inspire much hope. I agree that the positive is he will likely be happy to remold the club. I think this is absolutely necessary. The problem is that he hasn't actually shown he can win.

Exactly what i been saying. He does shows he can bring in youth, but so can Marcelo Bielsa. And he has shown more then Van Basten.

Getting him will show our club is totally run by fools.

Long term??

mate, after all these topics and months of discussion about Carlo you still come with "lesser coach than Ancelotti" argument ?

Guest justin_3d

mate, after all these topics and months of discussion about Carlo you still come with "lesser coach than Ancelotti" argument ?

Lesser coach, by the success they had.

Van Basten has not done nothing great. Carlo has, and even Bielsa has done better then Van Basten.

Long term??

That wasn't my point, not at all. I wanted to mean that "say goodbye to CL glory" wasn't an end... I mean give up the UCL next year isn't a bad thing, because if we want to build a long term team, to want and to expect to win the UCL would be a bad thing... I do not know if I explain well my view...

But anyway, i'm gonna to answer to that question :

Yes.

First off all, and that's my opinion, Carlo hasn't the abilities required to be a long term manager.

Then, a coach who is a long term coach, even if he is not better than Carlo, will probably do a better job than him.

Finally, a coach like Van Basten is young, so he isn't a finished product. So he could grow up as the team grow up. Know what I mean ?

Guest justin_3d

That wasn't my point, not at all. I wanted to mean that "say goodbye to CL glory" wasn't an end... I mean give up the UCL next year isn't a bad thing, because if we want to build a long term team, to want and to expect to win the UCL would be a bad thing... I do not know if I explain well my view...

But anyway, i'm gonna to answer to that question :

Yes.

First off all, and that's my opinion, Carlo hasn't the abilities required to be a long term manager.

Then, a coach who is a long term coach, even if he is not better than Carlo, will probably do a better job than him.

Finally, a coach like Van Basten is young, so he isn't a finished product. So he could grow up as the team grow up. Know what I mean ?

Nope.

Why get a coach that has done nothing, when you might as well risk it on Villa-Boas, Pep, and even my fav. Bielsa.

Van Basten has got nothing on them.

There is a reason why he did not do nothing with Ajax.....

Guest justin_3d

According to reports, after June 4th Hiddink would become director of football, then van basten 2 become coach!

Stupid club.

Watch how Henrique, Styles, Spuds, and kilamnjaro will be saying sack this guy in a couple of months!

Stupid club.

Watch how Henrique, Styles, Spuds, and kilamnjaro will be saying sack this guy in a couple of months!

:goodpost:

Ifwhoever takes the job proves to be as clueless as Ancelotti I won't hesitate to ask for his dismissal.