Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomo

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad to see such a well respected footballer react like that. Hes won what 3 of those best player in the world awards now you'd think as well as being a great individual that he'd have matured enough to realize football is a team sport. The whole fiasco when he and several others asked wht Jose played such a defensive style in bigger games was great though, Jose told him because he doesn't cover the wings or want to defend, shut the greeting cunt right up but it cost him his job ultimately.

What a lad Arbeloa is though, he probably knew he'd get that sort of reaction from Ronaldo but still did it anyway.

This. Didn't celebrate the goal at all because he wasn't the one who scored it. Just like in the CL final last season (I believe that was the game) where he didn't really celebrate anyone's goal but his own.

Everytime I see that video of him celebrating his teams 4th goal like that it makes me wish more and more Atletico won. Sure if it was the second goal (which was Bales and was the decisive goal) then yeah but the 4th goal for your team against a knackered team? Man.... what the fuck

This. Didn't celebrate the goal at all because he wasn't the one who scored it. Just like in the CL final last season (I believe that was the game) where he didn't really celebrate anyone's goal but his own.

This annoyed the fuck out of me last year. Scores the 4th in the last minute with a pen. Celebrates as if he scored a last second winner. Egotistical cunt!!

Meh. Ronaldo's whole game has been about scoring the most goals he can, that's why he always has the most shots in a game and why he gets so many goals. Usual from him, nothing to see here.. I guess when you're that good :lol:

I think he takes his competition with Messi for the Spanish version of the golden boot too far.

Its funny because in reality he isn't even on the same level as Messi when he decides to play at his best in terms of footballing ability. People talk about top 2 but in reality there even is a gulf between Messi and Ronaldo.

I suppose when your that desperate to win individual awards ahead of team ones it really shows what he thinks of himself if he has to beat Messi in individual awards, really I think it is more to make up for the lack of collective trophies hes won at Real in comparison to Messi at Barca, he's probably slightly jealous at all the collective trophies Messi has won since he moved to Spain but really what player probably isn't haha? Also his ego needs feeding constantly, remember at United they asked him Ferdinand and another player think it was Anderson, who they thought was the best player of all time, Rio said Maradona as did Anderson but he said himself.... I'd argue hes probably not even matched some of the achievements Diego Maradona had, dragging teams to WC finals and European finals and that.

Its funny because in reality he isn't even on the same level as Messi when he decides to play at his best in terms of footballing ability. People talk about top 2 but in reality there even is a gulf between Messi and Ronaldo.

That's what I think infact ill go one step further and say it's Messi then Ronaldo, Suarez, Hazard.

What the later two lack in goals compared to CR they make up for in general play, where as every time I see Ronaldo play his general play is at times diabolical, some of his decision making can border on brainless, he is basically an extreme goal poacher.

Messi on the other hand scores the goals to keep up with Ronaldo and is 100x better in general play, in reality like you said Messi vs Ronaldo shouldn't even be debatable.

That's what I think infact ill go one step further and say it's Messi then Ronaldo, Suarez, Hazard.

What the later two lack in goals compared to CR they make up for in general play, where as every time I see Ronaldo play his general play is at times diabolical, some of his decision making can border on brainless, he is basically an extreme goal poacher.

Messi on the other hand scores the goals to keep up with Ronaldo and is 100x better in general play, in reality like you said Messi vs Ronaldo shouldn't even be debatable.

Think as well before when he was at United he used to be a bit more creative other than goals. He has got over 10 assists for Real this season for the first time since going there, which I think you see paired up with his 40-50 goals a season or whatever shows exactly what you said, that he is a goalscorer (well you said goal poacher haha but think thats unfair as some of his goals aren't just in the box). Messi always seems to have over 15 assists a season at least too and as you said in general play is better, hes got great vision for a striker, if I'm honest I'd go and say its frightening how good his all round game is, he could easily play in midfield for Barcelona as a more advanced midfielder or as a number 10.

How can people actually be a fan of this guy? He is one of the most reprehensible and childish players in the sport. He embodies literally everything that goes against what a team sport is. He throw tantrums when someone on his team scores instead of him, he dives and cheats, does that stupid stutter penalty, he isn't above screaming at the referee to get what he wants, he never defends, he stands on his tip toes in team photos to look the tallest and he is definitely not a team player.

Adoring CR7 is akin to liking that one arsehole in high school that is good at sports but throws a tantrum when things don't go his way.

You're acting as if all the great players didn't have some kind of ego. Who cares?

We aren't here to appreciate him as a human, but rather for what he can do on the pitch. And what he can do on the pitch, is be the best player in world football, which he is right now according to the title he holds.

Was Michael Jordan any less loved for being a classless piece of crap? Nope, you probably don't even know about it. Punching teammates, being a notorious gambler who wouldn't pay his debts, etc. Still loved all around the world. How about Cassius Clay, or Ali? I bet no one even cares how he turned an entire country against Joe Frazier, his very good friend, who helped him out when he needed it, by getting people to call him monkey and mock him with monkey chants. Nope, hardly anyone can remember that.

Tiger Woods another... and the list goes on.

You want to sit here and pretend like supporting a player who is the best in the world, gives us numerous highlights to watch, scores brilliant goals, and is an all time talent is some mistake on our part? Get real. All I hear from about this guy is how much he donates off the field, how much he does for kids, all the jerseys he gives away, how he takes time after the game to greet certain kids, etc. Because he has an ego on the pitch, in a game, a sports game, something that matters very little in the great scheme of things, I should shun any support for him? From all accounts dude is a class act of the pitch, more so than Ali, Woods, MJ or even Messi could say.

But yeah, whatever...

His behaviour is an embarrassment to the game.

Yeah thats's why I can't see Eden going to Real Madrid as long Ronaldo is there. (One of the reasons)

Can you imagine Eden becoming Ronaldo's "bitch" like Bale and Benzema?

Give him all te scoring oppertunities, all the penalties, if he dribbles too much Ronaldo will be angry, constantly pleasing him with compliments in the media.

Ronaldo is like a crying baby, always crying for attention. The nightmare for any star attacking footballer.

The rest of the world thinks there is a debate. 3 times winner of the Ballon Dor, 3 times winner of the European GOlden Boot, right now pichichi in Spanish League (Cristiano 39 against 38 from Messi), he is in front for the run to the 4th golden boot wirh less games played than Messi, less 2 assist than Messi in League (Messi 17 and Cristiano 15). Cristiano has almost more assists than Hazard has goals+assists, It's an insult to compare the 2.

Just in terms of end product we have 1 simple equation that resumes everything: Ronaldo=3*Hazard

About his attitude, it's not the best... but it's also what makes him a legendary player and one of the 5 best players in the history of the game with Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano and Messi.

We can also talk about things that other players did inside and outside the pitch, starting in Messi, and ending with Terry to see that the things Cristiano do are not that worrying.

You're acting as if all the great players didn't have some kind of ego. Who cares?

We aren't here to appreciate him as a human, but rather for what he can do on the pitch. And what he can do on the pitch, is be the best player in world football, which he is right now according to the title he holds.

Was Michael Jordan any less loved for being a classless piece of crap? Nope, you probably don't even know about it. Punching teammates, being a notorious gambler who wouldn't pay his debts, etc. Still loved all around the world. How about Cassius Clay, or Ali? I bet no one even cares how he turned an entire country against Joe Frazier, his very good friend, who helped him out when he needed it, by getting people to call him monkey and mock him with monkey chants. Nope, hardly anyone can remember that.

You want to sit here and pretend like supporting a player who is the best in the world, gives us numerous highlights to watch, scores brilliant goals, and is an all time talent is some mistake on our part? Get real. All I hear from about this guy is how much he donates off the field, how much he does for kids, all the jerseys he gives away, how he takes time after the game to greet certain kids, etc. Because he has an ego on the pitch, in a game, a sports game, something that matters very little in the great scheme of things, I should shun any support for him? From all accounts dude is a class act of the pitch, more so than Ali, Woods, MJ or even Messi could say.

But yeah, whatever...

I care. Some people, me included, don't like MJ that much because of his attitude and the things he did. Also I really really have no respect for tiger because of the exact same reasons. I don't like Alex Rodriguez for his constant lies and cheating. I know tons of other people who feel the same way about these players and more.

I'm actually the type of person that actually cares about that attitude and how they treat the game we all love and how they treat their teammates that put everything on the line. I'm not saying don't have any type of ego, but it's time for him to grow up. His ego is on a whole other planet.

But yeah, whatever...

I agree with you.

Football these days is completely about individual awards imo. The enormous reception the Ballon d'Or gets, PFA Player of the Year always throws up one controversy or another. They don't care. As long as the cheques are signed and the awards and titles keep coming in, they don't have a burden to be a 'good person'. Of course they care about winning matches, but they'll also want to be the best person on the pitch.

Ronaldo didn't get a dream move to Real Madrid and make the money he has and will by being a humble guy. He doesn't need to be. It's not that deep, these guys aren't our friends.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You