Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomo

A lot of players rely on pace, it doesn't mean it's all he has. He has great technique, first touch, shooting ability, and movement. He will be great even after he loses some pace.

Cristiano doesnt have good technique or first touch.

He makes runs, but with his lack of explosion/pace, those runs will be less effective.

He's shot is really not that good or accurate.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cristiano doesnt have good technique or first touch.

He makes runs, but with his lack of explosion/pace, those runs will be less effective.

He's shot is really not that good or accurate.

Damn, well he's done an amazing job of being arguably the best footballer ever by just being fast. [emoji55]

He's big. Not exactly banging them in this season, is he? 34 goals in 3+ season isn't exactly "banging them in".

Give Bale the fk responsibilities and Cristiano role on RM.

I would bet Bale come close to his goal record. Bale to me is a better team player than Cristiano and when Cristiano leaves and Bale becomes number1 in madrid, he will be winning the baloon d'ors.

Give Bale the fk responsibilities and Cristiano role on RM.

I would bet Bale come close to his goal record. Bale to me is a better team player than Cristiano and when Cristiano leaves and Bale becomes number1 in madrid, he will be winning the baloon d'ors.

I would bet you underrate Ronaldo and overrate Bale.

I would bet you underrate Ronaldo and overrate Bale.

I think they are both similar.

Cristiano has the edge in the air, but Bale is a better passer/crosser. I think Bale is faster as well. Bale would allow Benzema to score more as well and let RM function better as a team imo.

I think they are both similar.

Cristiano has the edge in the air, but Bale is a better passer/crosser. I think Bale is faster as well. Bale would allow Benzema to score more as well and let RM function better as a team imo.

No..

You didn't address my point that the best players from ALL continents are all concentrated in Europe today, making competition and individual brilliance extremely more difficult to achieve.

Today professional football players go through at least 3 phases before they reach the top:

- Play football with your local boys and your talent stands out.

- Join a junior/professional club and play with other talented kids nationally and locally.

- Your talent still stands out and you move to a stronger league/country where you'll be up against the very best players from all over the globe.

To become the best, you have to rise in all of these three phases today. Yet Pele never had to go past the second phase. How many players show astonishing skill in phases 1/2 and then completely disappear when they come across the tactical and talent-rich football of Europe's top leagues?

Brazil has a perfect example with Robinho. He was absolutely marvelous in Brazil, tearing apart all defenses and people said he would be the next Pele. He went to Real Madrid and after 1 season he was a bench warmer. Now imagine if Robinho played in the 60s and ALL his career was made in Brazil. People today would view footage of him and say he was one of the best of all time.

The comparison between Pelé and Robinho is bollocks of the highest order. Pelé destroyed in World Cups and also at club level against European clubs too whenever Santos came to play in Europe. And to be completely honest, only retards thought Robinho was the new Pelé. I always thought Neymar was better than Robinho, for example, and even then I knew he wouldn't be the next Pelé or anything like that. And those things are kinda unpredictable really. Ronaldinho was not too outstanding in Brazil but later on he turned crazy good at PSG and Barcelona. There are players who were mediocre in Brazil and turned good in Europe and also the opposite.

Also, according to you, only in the recent past Europe began concentrating all the talent, so there were still a lot of good players in Brazil when Pelé was destroying everyone, so many that we won 3 world cups almost in a row with local players. In addition, playing with top talents in your club also pushes your own performance further, especially when you're playing the fodder from your league. You don't see Messi and CR dominating as much in their respective NTs - because they're playing with a squad not as good as their clubs and the decent opposing NTs are usually way tougher than most teams of La Liga. The concentration of talents in the top clubs makes it actually harder to assess, imo the gap has never been this wide. When you are in a team that often thrashes smaller teams it gets way easier to pump up the numbers and performance, since you can find a better understanding with players at your own level.

In 2008

In 2013 and 2014 also. Cristiano will be clearly the Ballon D'Or of this year.

THe difference between Cristiano and all the other players is really big, a lot bigger than in the last years. Mainly because Messi is half the player he was 5 years ago.

In 2013 and 2014 also. Cristiano will be clearly the Ballon D'Or of this year.

THe difference between Cristiano and all the other players is really big, a lot bigger than in the last years. Mainly because Messi is half the player he was 5 years ago.

What are you on about? Messi in 2009 managed to scrap up 30 goals a season, whereas now in his best years 2010-2013 he managed to score 60 goals a season and 93 in a calender year.

Ronaldo's main benefit is his scoring ability and his historic CL goal scoring record, but here is another variable, last season was Messi's worst season in a Barca shirt since 2007 and Ronaldo's best in a Real Madrid shirt, yet statistically Ronaldo barely edged him. That's saying something.

What are you on about? Messi in 2009 managed to scrap up 30 goals a season, whereas now in his best years 2010-2013 he managed to score 60 goals a season and 93 in a calender year.

Ronaldo's main benefit is his scoring ability and his historic CL goal scoring record, but here is another variable, last season was Messi's worst season in a Barca shirt since 2007 and Ronaldo's best in a Real Madrid shirt, yet statistically Ronaldo barely edged him. That's saying something.

That says that Cristiano was a lot better than Messi last season, and also Cristiano is better in this season.

You just need to watch the games, or go to any forum of Barcelona to know what people were saying about Messi in there.

Crsitiano in the last season, and in the beginning of this season is a lot better than Messi in any aspect.

That says that Cristiano was a lot better than Messi last season, and also Cristiano is better in this season.

You just need to watch the games, or go to any forum of Barcelona to know what people were saying about Messi in there.

Crsitiano in the last season, and in the beginning of this season is a lot better than Messi in any aspect.

I could literally give two flying fucks about Barca fans in all honesty as the majority of them on those forums have started supporting them post 2009. Messi hasn't been the same for a couple years due to injury and anxiety of obvious reasons, but this season he looks to have picked up the form.

Having a better season doesn't necessarily mean they are the better player. That's like saying Cannavaro in 2006 was the best footballer in the world. You have to interpret and analyze both of their abilities to create a rational judgement, and as a footballer, Ronaldo doesn't reach Messi's level.

I could literally give two flying fucks about Barca fans in all honesty as the majority of them on those forums have started supporting them post 2009. Messi hasn't been the same for a couple years due to injury and anxiety of obvious reasons, but this season he looks to have picked up the form.

Having a better season doesn't necessarily mean they are the better player. That's like saying Cannavaro in 2006 was the best footballer in the world. You have to interpret and analyze both of their abilities to create a rational judgement, and as a footballer, Ronaldo doesn't reach Messi's level.

by "this" season, do u mean the 5 matches that barca have played so far. cos as far as i remember, messi was very average the whole of last half season. infact, barca not winning the league despite ATM and RM dropping points left right and center is proof enough.

His argument is actually valid. Pele, for example, played before the tactical revolution of total football. He played at a time where small teams were cannon fodder to be beaten 10-0 in a lot of games. Not unlike today where it's not uncommon for a small team to beat a big one (e.g. Leicester vs United) if the managers do a good job. Football is much more tactical and organized. Today players like Messi and Cristiano are given a very specific list of instructions whereas back then, the star of the team was just told to get in there and try to score goals.

Besides, today the very best players from all continents are concentrated in Europe. Even small teams have players from all over the world. Which means players like Messi and Cristiano are competing at a level that Pele, for example, never had to deal with. Not even close.

I do believe the top players today are much better than the ones from past generations. And certainly football will continue to evolve and 50 years from now those generations will be even better than the ones from today.

Tell me, did you actually what the so called 'weak' Braziilan league back then? Unless you watched Pele and the league I don't think you can make that statement

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You