Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomo

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ronaldo is class, but he doesn't seem so dominent, besides being a very good goal scorer, when i see him i never get that sense that he's one of those greatest players ever, like Zidane or Maradonna. Ronaldo seems so basic at times and limited, even in United game just then he hardly done anything besides the goal, he can grab goals i will give him that, almost scores every game but when it comes to abillity i find him very overrated.

Everytime i watch Messi he takes on about 3 players, he's just amazing to watch, that excuse with Iniesta and Xavi is just bull shit, put Messi in the premier league and he will rip it up. Wouldn't score as much goals but he would tear it up in the same way, he's a fantastic player all round, brilliant first touch, great passer, excellent finisher i just love watching him. Whereas Ronaldo is way off him, Ronaldo can score a shit load of goals but in terms of abillity he's far off to be honest.

I think Ronaldo is class, but he doesn't seem so dominent, besides being a very good goal scorer, when i see him i never get that sense that he's one of those greatest players ever, like Zidane or Maradonna. Ronaldo seems so basic at times and limited, even in United game just then he hardly done anything besides the goal, he can grab goals i will give him that, almost scores every game but when it comes to abillity i find him very overrated.

Everytime i watch Messi he takes on about 3 players, he's just amazing to watch, that excuse with Iniesta and Xavi is just bull shit, put Messi in the premier league and he will rip it up. Wouldn't score as much goals but he would tear it up in the same way, he's a fantastic player all round, brilliant first touch, great passer, excellent finisher i just love watching him. Whereas Ronaldo is way off him, Ronaldo can score a shit load of goals but in terms of abillity he's far off to be honest.

I think Ronaldo does have the talent, but his playing style and approach to the game is what limits him. Hopefully, he is smart enough to adjust to being a differnet player one day, because that raw pace and power won't last forever.

You can't disregard Messi scoring 80+ goals in a calendar year though.

Goals scored by dwarf Messi are well admired by us all. However, Ronaldo is an athlete, poetry in motion & looks like a footballer.

I´d take Ronaldo over Messi any day.

Messi & his Barca team is why he is scoring.

Goals scored by dwarf Messi are well admired by us all. However, Ronaldo is an athlete, poetry in motion & looks like a footballer.

I´d take Ronaldo over Messi any day.

Messi & his Barca team is why he is scoring.

So because Messi doesn't look like a footballer you rate Ronaldo over him? If anything, the fact that Messi isn't 6 foot, isn't a pure athlete like Ronaldo, yet still outscores him by 10-20 goals every season should also be seen as a feat.

The fact that Messi's at Barcelona will always be used against him but that doesn't deny he's still amazing. When it comes to pure football talent alone, Messi is definitely better than Ronaldo, no one can deny that IMO.

After Ronaldo loses his athleticism he won't be half the player he is.

So because Messi doesn't look like a footballer you rate Ronaldo over him? If anything, the fact that Messi isn't 6 foot, isn't a pure athlete like Ronaldo, yet still outscores him by 10-20 goals every season should also be seen as a feat.

The fact that Messi's at Barcelona will always be used against him but that doesn't deny he's still amazing. When it comes to pure football talent alone, Messi is definitely better than Ronaldo, no one can deny that IMO.

After Ronaldo loses his athleticism he won't be half the player he is.

I do not rate Ronaldo for his looks only. That´s your thinking.

I rate Ronaldo as a better footballer overall.

Whether anyone feels that Messi is better that´s fine with me. I do not.

The only thing about the eternal CR7 v LM10 debate that bothers me is when a person claims that CR7 is a top tier free kick taker.

I think he takes about 60-70 direct free kicks every season but only scores 3/4. He's good, when he gets it right, but it's too inconsistent to be called one of the best in that sense.

I think he takes about 60-70 direct free kicks every season but only scores 3/4. He's good, when he gets it right, but it's too inconsistent to be called one of the best in that sense.

He's the only person that shoots from outrageous distances and angles, because he's capable of making them.

You'd also have to consider the chances his free-kicks create. When he gets them on target, the keeper rarely keeps hold of the ball which often creates chances on the rebound. I've seen it happen quite a few times. You don't really get those chances when somebody takes a well placed but slow free kick.

The deference between messi and ronaldo is that Ronaldo can track back/defend from all over the park, his height and skill in the air is very important for defensive set pieces and the like, he's a better all around footballer

Who's the best forward is up for debate tho, i'd say messi since he's more the forward, tho neither is the best striker,

I'd put it this way,

Best dribbler in the world = Messi (which allows him to get into the places to score and has alot of strikers qualities)

Best Forward/winger = Ronaldo

The BEST all around player should be a midfielder of some kind that can defend/score/track back/attack/good in the air/good on the ground, Not brilliant at anything but a great all rounder that should be what the best PLAYER should be about imho.

The BEST all around player should be a midfielder of some kind that can defend/score/track back/attack/good in the air/good on the ground, Not brilliant at anything but a great all rounder that should be what the best PLAYER should be about imho.

Lampard.

People laugh at me when I say it, but honestly, can anyone name 1 single player in world football who possesses more qualities than him? (if they can, i genuinely want to hear it. this isn't a rhetorical question or anything!)

Lampard.

People laugh at me when I say it, but honestly, can anyone name 1 single player in world football who possesses more qualities than him? (if they can, i genuinely want to hear it. this isn't a rhetorical question or anything!)

Funny enough, i was actually going to say that but forgot to put it in at the end, he defo has all the credentials to be it. :)

Plus even if you say he's not now, there's no denying he was at least.

The deference between messi and ronaldo is that Ronaldo can track back/defend from all over the park, his height and skill in the air is very important for defensive set pieces and the like, he's a better all around footballer

Did you just say that Ronaldo track back. Ronaldo does not track back at all. He is sometimes even higher than benzema.

Lampard.

Rooney.

Lampard.

Oftenly the midfielders are usualy the key of their teams, players that actuly bring trophies to their teams. But are very underrated. Think of Makelele at RM or Xabi at Lpool, even Mikel at Chelsea to some extent. Lampard is no doubt best player I saw when it comes to simple football. No fancy shit ala Ronaldo or Messi, no of pitch trouble like Ronaldo or Ronaldinho had. Only Zidane comes ahead.

1.) Zidane

2.) Lampard

3.) Ronaldo

My list of best players

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You