Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomo

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m pretty sure that this story will come as a shocking one for each and everyone reading this. But trust me, even I had no clue that the one we call “selfish player” would do such a thing..

It all started in an interview in which Ronaldo said: “I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When Sporting Lisbon’s manager came to see us he said that:

“Who ever score’s more goals will join our academy!”

Ronaldo continues: “We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal, then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us. Albert was 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper, he skillfully went past the goalkeeper and I was running in front of him. All he had to do was to score, but he passed the ball to me and I scored the third goal , and I went to the Sporting Lisbon academy. After the match I met him and I asked him, ”Why?” and he said, “You are better than me”.

After hearing this many journalists went to Albert’s house and asked him if it was a true story. He said yes. He also said that his career as a player ended soon after the match and he is now unemployed.

Just then a journalist noticed that Albert was living a luxurious life. The journalist immediately popped the question, “But how did you afford this spectacular house and this great car? You seem like a rich man. From where did this come from?”

Then what happened, was what shocked all the people gathered there!

Albert proudly replied: “It is all because of Ronaldo.”

People call Ronaldo a selfish player because he's like it on the pitch. That's just how he plays, but no one criticises his personal life. No one actually knows him to do that.

This is exactly it. I am not a Ronaldo hater by any means. I think he's the second best player on the planet, but the criticism of him has nothing to do with his personal life.

Ronaldo cannot possibly still be unhappy, hes getting paid shit loads of money doing the thing he loves and hes fucking that Russian bird. What is there to be unhappy about?

Money does not equate to happiness. Neither does an attractive partner.

True but you'd think someone like Ronaldo would be happy with what he has compared to most regular folk. In fact if I was playing football professionally for any team I would be extremely happy, so its beyond me how he can be unhappy within Real Madrid somehow.

Ronaldo cannot possibly still be unhappy, hes getting paid shit loads of money doing the thing he loves and hes fucking that Russian bird. What is there to be unhappy about?

I'm not saying he's suffering from depression but depression doesn't care about status, money or sex life. It's a horrible illness and people are usually too quick to dismiss depression among footballers (or any rich people for that matter) jokingly with lines like 'Yeah, but I bet the paycheck softens the blow'.

You all should read the 'Secret Footballer' column that appears on the Guardian every week. It's a fascinating insight into the world of a professional footballer.

True but you'd think someone like Ronaldo would be happy with what he has compared to most regular folk. In fact if I was playing football professionally for any team I would be extremely happy, so its beyond me how he can be unhappy within Real Madrid somehow.

You get complacent. Eventually what you have isn't enough, and when you already have everything, it's hard to find a reason to continue. We always strive to better ourselves and it's hard to do that when you already are the best.

Of course not but that doesn't change the fact that we can pretty much count by using our ten fingers the number of people on this planet who wouldn't switch places with him in a heartbeat. If he's not happy playing football or simply hates the media attention surrounding him all the time, what's stopping him from retiring at the age of 27? It's not like he has an obligation to continue playing till he's 35 if he doesn't give a fuck about doing it anymore. The media would soon lose interest and he could move on to live a long and happy life with his family. I'm not underestimating his problems if he indeed does suffer from some sort of depression because I happen to know for a fact how serious that shit can be, but Cristiano is privileged enough to have better solutions to his problems than regular folk.

You all should read the 'Secret Footballer' column that appears on the Guardian every week. It's a fascinating insight into the world of a professional footballer.

You know, I've always thought that was a journalist. Not many footballers can articulate their thoughts that well.

You know, I've always thought that was a journalist. Not many footballers can articulate their thoughts that well.

Well if he is actually the person in this vid, he has pretty skinny legs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2012/aug/22/i-am-the-secret-footballer-video

Yeah, lots of footballers sound like idiots when they talk, but that doesn't have to mean they can't write well. I know a few people who kick ass with how they write but when it comes to verbal communication they are not so good...

I used to hate Ronaldo a few years ago. Then, I grew up.

It's immature to hate on someone just because you think that person is arrogant or selfish. He's arrogant because he can be. He is one of the best in the world at what he's doing. If that's not a good reason to be a little cocky, then what is?

i never hated ronaldo tbh, sure i disliked the days of him winning for Man u but 'hate' nope. I dont know why but i like that bit of arrogance he has on the field that like "yeah i scored, so what?" in today's world acting like that is frowned upon and often scrutinized, which for me is a shame. Now surely i dont expect for players to come out boasting and trash talking at every turn but to be able to express yourself and most importantly back it up is a real gift that isn't present much today.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You