Marina Granovskaia

Roman Abramovich promised big changes at Chelsea this summer and his PA is in line to become one of the main beneficiaries.

Marina Granovskaia has become increasingly prominent and is now one of the go-to members of staff at Stamford Bridge.

Abramovich has already appointed Michael Emenalo to be his eyes and ears on the training field, but Granovskaia has a different skill set.

In recent weeks her brief has been to screen calls from agents pushing forward the names of potential successors to manager Carlo Ancelotti. Granovskaia's increased presence at the training ground has also been noted by staff at Cobham.

She often speaks to senior players, canvassing opinion on club matters as Abramovich plots his next move.

Chelsea's owner will be making significant changes to personnel this summer and Granovskaia's influence cannot be underestimated.

Despite her increasing role at the club and her proximity to Abramovich, she still has an active Facebook account.

She regularly converses with other promiment members of Chelsea's staff via the social networking site, something that will have to change in an enhanced role.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_sport/1291543/Neil-Ashton-says-Chelseas-Roman-Abramovich-has-a-Gran-plan.html

Chelsea are employing Marina Granovskaia as a prime transfer broker this summer.

The Daily Star says Granovskaia has been placed in charge of many of Blues owner Roman Abramovich’s priority transfer dealings.

Granovskaia was involved in the deals to sign Fernando Torres and David Luiz on the final day of the transfer window in January.

She is Abramovich's personal assistant and now acts as a liaison between the board and agents representing transfer targets.

Granovskaia has become more involved since the New Year after football director Frank Arnesen announced his planned departure for Hamburg.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/introducing-new-chelsea-powerbroker-marina-granovskaia-1637861

Abramovich turns to PA to recruit Lukaku & De Bruyne

Roman Abramovich has turned to his PA, Marina Granovskaia, to form an important part of his transfer recruitment team as Chelsea step up their bids for Romelu Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne.

ESPNsoccernet understands Granovskaia was involved in the deals to sign Fernando Torres and David Luiz on the final day of the transfer window and that she has now been asked to take a more hands-on role in attempting to sign Belgian starlets Lukaku and De Bruyne.

Granovskaia has so far managed to avoid the spotlight but she appears to be taking increased responsibility in the role currently fulfilled by sporting director Frank Arnesen, who will leave to join Hamburg at the end of the season.

"Marina is a link between Chelsea, the players, and the agents," ESPNsoccernet's insider said. "It is the sort of role you would normally associate with the director of football."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/77421.html

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see that we signed both Torres and Luiz when she was there I guess I should be happy about her involvement in transfers. Anyone got a picture of her?

not being sexist but I prefer football men to "yes men "or "yes women" we have enough KGB people already

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/roman-abramovichs-senior-adviser-marina-granovskaia-joins-chelsea-hierarchy-8658300.html

Roman Abramovich's senior adviser, Marina Granovskaia, joins Chelsea hierarchy

Roman Abramovich's senior adviser Marina Granovskaia is to become the latest member of the Chelsea executive board, the club will announce today.

Granovskaia has been a key figure at the club since 2010, from when she has attended board meetings in an informal capacity, and the appointment means that she is now a member of the executive and club boards. It confirms the status of the Russian and Canadian national, who has worked for Abramovich across his business interests for 17 years, one of the most senior-placed women operating in English football.

The Russian-born Granovskaia began working for the Sibneft oil company, which Abramovich then owned, in 1997 when she graduated from Moscow State University. She moved to London in 2003 but only began working directly on Chelsea club matters in 2010. She has also worked closely with another Russian-Canadian close to Abramovich, the Chelsea director Eugene Tenenbaum.

Under her new appointment she will join the six existing members of the executive board, chairman Bruce Buck; chief executive Ron Gourlay; Tenenbaum; finance director Chris Alexander; club secretary David Barnard and company secretary Alan Shaw. The football club board, which she also joins, currently comprises Buck, Tenenbaum, Gourlay, Barnard and football operations director, Mike Forde.

As I see that we signed both Torres and Luiz when she was there I guess I should be happy about her involvement in transfers.

Seeing this quote made me chuckle remembering how happy we all were signing torres. Now we blame the board for not noticing his decline. :lol: