Josh McEachran should be playing

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing that Josh McEachran gave the ball away a lot today but that isn't really true.

1e7wub.jpg

In 64 minutes he completed more passes and had less unsuccessful passes than Lampard who played the whole 90 minutes!

2u5tfn8.jpg

They are deceiving because:

1. Lampard takes corners as you can see 5 of those unsuccessful ones are Corners.

2. McEchran has more lateral passes which is understandable as he played the Holding role.

In my eyes Josh has proved himself every time he has played in the first team. He was very good again today playing deep, he will learn well there but his natural position is number 10. His passing and ability on the ball is quality. We most certainly should not over expose him and expect him to play every game, but we have had some poor performances in midfield this season and he has done no worse than any other midfielder in our squad. A loan move would be good for him of course but we could also use him ourselves. There is no way anyone could be critical of Josh's performance yesterday

I agree Esk, he looked confident and comfortable on the ball, and was always looking to move it forwards/into attacking positions. Something I think we've lacked a lot of this season. I'm sure he will be molded into the squad naturally, no need to rush him in, and certainly, no need to put a lot of pressure on the lad.

Guest justin_3d

Not there yet. Still need time.

I agree with some and what the club said some time ago, that Josh needs a loan next season.

Can we send him to Bolton?

Not there yet. Still need time.

I agree with some and what the club said some time ago, that Josh needs a loan next season.

Can we send him to Bolton?

My thoughts exactly. Very good potential but needs to cut out the errors in giving the ball away. Regular football will do this for him..

My thoughts exactly. Very good potential but needs to cut out the errors in giving the ball away. Regular football will do this for him..

Not that i am saying that Josh doesn't need to improve still and develop but why does a young player coming through have to be perfect? Because the players currently playing in our first team most certainly are not, Josh gave the ball away no more than any other player, and played more forward dangerous balls than any other player, even from his deep position.

Its time we lower our expectations a little. Young players WILL make mistakes and we cannot expect them to play to the same standard immediately of the rest of the first team.

Josh always shows he is more than capable, a loan will only be needed for him if Carlo is not willing to give him more minutes on the pitch which he should have been give more time i feel given the form of the team.

Not that i am saying that Josh doesn't need to improve still and develop but why does a young player coming through have to be perfect? Because the players currently playing in our first team most certainly are not, Josh gave the ball away no more than any other player, and played more forward dangerous balls than any other player, even from his deep position.

Its time we lower our expectations a little. Young players WILL make mistakes and we cannot expect them to play to the same standard immediately of the rest of the first team.

Josh always shows he is more than capable, a loan will only be needed for him if Carlo is not willing to give him more minutes on the pitch which he should have been give more time i feel given the form of the team.

Disagree, he gave the ball away against Newcastle more than any other player. That said he also played the most dangerous passes of any of the midfield players. So I guess that balances it up. I think Josh will be a great player, but he either has to play every week for us or send him out on loan. I agree he certainly is capable ability wise but stuck on the bench for a few cameos is no good for him.

i personally think he is ready or if he isn't quite the only way he will get there is by playing. The one thing we miss is composure , short passing and creativity all three of this best qualities : )

In 4 years I would like to see this formation:

---------------------------------Cech--------------------------------

--VanderWiel----------Luiz-----Ivanovic----------------Bertand/PVA

----------------------McEchran----Ramirez------------------------

-Studge----------------------Kakuta---------------------Neymar

----------------------------Lukaku/Torres---------------------------

Sooner rather than later we'll have to play at least five English players in the first-team.

We all know that won't be happening.

5+6 rule was always rumoured but I think some took the view it was discriminatory. Which I think's a crock.. There's nothing to suggest we can't self impose though

Cech

B. Clifford - Luiz - Chalobah - Bertrand

Mikel

C. Clifford - McEachran - Mellis

CF - Sturridge

:rolleyes:

..oh how it's nice to dream sometimes

5+6 rule was always rumoured but I think some took the view it was discriminatory. Which I think's a crock.. There's nothing to suggest we can't self impose though

Cech

Mikel - McEachran

C. Clifford - Kakuta - Mellis

Sturridge

Fixed for you mate :D

Cech

Mikel

C. Clifford - McEachran - Mellis

CF - Sturridge

My Fifa team, im in 2016

Delac

Kane Chalabah Luiz Deen-Conteh

C.Clifford

B.Clifford McEachran

Sturridge Neymar

ME

Apart from me, how do you rate the chances of that being our team in 2016?