Josh McEachran should be playing

Ive tried to think of a reason as to why Josh McEachran shouldn't play and (despite his age) i cannot honestly think of one.

He is a natural creative player who has looked more than comfortable whenever selected for a 1st team match, some of the passes he made today were absolutely mind boggling and a fair few times this season he had outplayed our well fed (sorry international) superstars. When he was off today we looked static in the midfield and made constant sideways and backwards passes and didn't look creating anything for the forwards.

However when josh was on it was a different story, and i don't care about his age, he has been superb nearly every time he has played this season and a run of games next term will only improve him even more. Next week at Everton he should start also as it will give him experience infront of a Partizan crowd.

Age should not matter if you are ready to play you should be played, Josh is better than Obi was at the same age when he was getting regular games under Jose.

Next season Josh should become a regular.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, you can say he's inexperienced all you want, at the end of the day how will he ever be experienced if you're going to go by that?. Best get him going on this age now so we can use him, i think he's ready, he's confident and probably the best at producing something offensive than any other player on our team.

:goodpost: Despite making the odd rubbish pass and silly foul today I thought Josh was fantastic today. He will be able to rectify the mistakes which he made today only by playing and I think that he offers just as much as Mikel does. While Mikel offers a physical presence, Josh i able to glide past players due to his slimness. The only way is up for him!

:goodpost: Despite making the odd rubbish pass and silly foul today I thought Josh was fantastic today. He will be able to rectify the mistakes which he made today only by playing and I think that he offers just as much as Mikel does. While Mikel offers a physical presence, Josh i able to glide past players due to his slimness. The only way is up for him!

He was poor. Gave the ball away too many times and was rightly subbed.

He needs a loan stint Next Season.

Exactly and with a consistent run of games he will makes less and less mistakes.

Carlo was right not to play him most of this season to be honest. I can see why he made that decision. It's too soon to throw him into such a situation where every mistake would be magnified, over-analysed and judged. The protection of that has allowed Carlo to bring him into a game such as this and allow him 60 odd minutes.

A decision to play him versus United would've been ill-judged as he's never played in such a high-tense game and such. Who knows, maybe versus Everton he'll also feature.

I hope that's Carlo's logic anyway. If so, it shows he has though long term after all. This why I agree with warnie_666 though, he needs a loan spell to grow into the pace of the Premier League. A mid-table club is a very good place to start.

Why is Carlo pushing him into the holding midfielder position ?dry.gif

Natural playmaker,but can be also a scoring midfielder,a mix of Xavi and Lampard.Chelsea PRESENT & future.cool.gif

off topic : Is Conor Clifford left-footed too ?carloeyebrow.jpeg

Judging by that vid, id say he is right footed but can use his left, would love it if Conor made it with us has big game player written all over him.

He'd be brilliant as an assistant manager in my opinion, but that's an impractical possibility.

He wouldn't take that kind of offer either. He's a very passionate man, he only left Burnley for Bolton because they were his boyhood club. I don't personally think he'd leave them to take up an Assistant Manager role elsewhere.

to get back to Josh:

i don`t understand why folks want us to hold him back,claiming he`s not ready (i presume due to his age)

what exactly is the worse that can happen?

there are young men(and women) the same age ,sometimes even younger than him currently on patrol in several countries where every step could be their last.

experience turns a boy into a man..not just waiting around until a particular birthday comes along. there are 40 year old boys in this world and there are 16 year old men.

i don`t like the idea of loaning him out either..nor for that matter ever playing another youth game. he is ready to become atleast a regular squad member and i don`t want a loan move with a manager who plays a different way and uses him without his prolonged career in mind.

I keep hearing that Josh McEachran gave the ball away a lot today but that isn't really true.

1e7wub.jpg

In 64 minutes he completed more passes and had less unsuccessful passes than Lampard who played the whole 90 minutes!

2u5tfn8.jpg