The Evolution of Football games

chrismada9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkBscD28mE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJdlecUEvc&feature=related

it's just soo fascinating to know what older football games looked like, as opposed to what they are today!! My favourites have to be Actua Soccer and the Italia 90 PC game! Those were the ones I used to play all the time!! :smiliecap1:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st ever fifa game i played was fifa 2001 on ps1, on that game you could take the keeper out when he had both hands on the ball (although it was a straight red) laugh.gif

It was the game that got me into fifa and football games and funnily enough i had a few games on it (for old times sake) the other week.

cant remember the name of the co com mentor but he always use to say to John Motson "do you fancy him" and Motty use to reply "i do fancy him yes" laugh.gif obviously i knew it was about the players footballing ability but its still pretty funny.

Classic gamebeer.gif

It is amazing how far they've come in 15 years.

FIFA Road to World Cup 98 was brilliant. Absolute shit now but brilliant at the time and had EVERY international team, even San Marino lol. Also liked ISS 98.

Most memories were on FIFA 98 tho and the best PES was PES 3 and PES 6 on PS2. PS3 killed PES.

FIFA 03 was fun too.

Edited by OllieCFC

it's just soo fascinating to know what older football games looked like, as opposed to what they are today!! My favourites have to be Actua Soccer and the Italia 90 PC game! Those were the ones I used to play all the time!! :smiliecap1:

I used to play Italia 90 as well. :lol:

Sensible Soccer was another one on the Amiga that used to get played religiously.

Fifa 02 was the worst ever. Fifa 03 was such an improvement. FIFA 09 onwards tho on the next generation consoles just took gaming to a whole new level. Especially when Fifa 06 went online and PES5 followed suit.

I remember playing fifa 95 or fifa 94, had david platt on the front cover. Shocking game if u look at it now lol.

Sensible Soccer was amazing :D I used to play my ass of it.

There were 3 football games I enjoyed the most, FIFA11, PES5 and PES10. Only in Pes5 I played over 600 matches.Fifa 11 because it is the best football simulation out there imo, Pes10 because I was modding also while playing and I had a great ML save and PES5 had a incredible gameplay that suited me very well.

Take a look at this video, it's the most amazing intro for a football game I've seen, and boy I've seen them a lot. It's from Fifa2006.