Stamford Bridge Thread

That's really interesting. I get a bit of a buzz, I can't deny it but nowhere near what it used to be back in the old 'Shed' days.

The total thrill I used to get walking up the big steps at the Britannia gate entrance was amazing. Reaching the top and taking your first glimpse of the grass, or more often the mud, seeing the corner flags fluttering and the floodlights warming up was intoxicating. The highlight of the week was about to begin.

It also took longer in the old days. You queued to get in and, if it was a big game, you queued a long time. That all meant you spent longer in the ground before kick-off, getting into the atmosphere of the day. By the time I used to arrive in The Shed back then, I wouldn't even have left home these days.

I still love it but it's a very different experience nowadays. I certainly don't get the same excitement from just entering the ground that once I did. Maybe it's to do with age. :(

Sounds really good! Living in Scotland, when I go to the bridge, I stay in the club hotel, eat at frankies or Marcos before the game, visit the shop etc...so i always have a massive buzz around the ground on match days/evenings seeing all the build up of fans etc

Just a quick question. If the redevelopment of Stamford bridge takes place and goes ahead, would the CPO have any say in the design?

Could they push for safe standing in an 'active' home end?

Not, as I understand it, without a change in the law. As far as I know, the law requiring Premier League clubs to have all-seater stadia is still in place.

Chelsea are the most-viewed football side in the world on video service Vine and have the most followers in the Premier League

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2803569/Chelsea-viewed-football-world-Vine-followers-Premier-League.html#ixzz3GtMcQ8yJ

Chelsea are the most-viewed football side in the world on video service Vine and have the most followers in the Premier League

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2803569/Chelsea-viewed-football-world-Vine-followers-Premier-League.html#ixzz3GtMcQ8yJ

it's relevant to SB thread?!

OhForaGreavsie the Govt has said they are not against safe standing, they have basically said it's up to the PL to lobby for it - From what I've seen the only opponent is Liverpool..

Standing terraces would give us a 40pc or so capacity boost - Move the away fans out of the shed, make MH and Shed standing, that way everybody (except maybe the awayers) wins and we get a boost to 48-50k on PL nights with nearly no expense. We'd still be extremely limited on CL nights, however, Uefa does not like the idea of it I believe.

PS - First post! Hope it was reasonably resourceful

OhForaGreavsie the Govt has said they are not against safe standing, they have basically said it's up to the PL to lobby for it - From what I've seen the only opponent is Liverpool..

Standing terraces would give us a 40pc or so capacity boost - Move the away fans out of the shed, make MH and Shed standing, that way everybody (except maybe the awayers) wins and we get a boost to 48-50k on PL nights with nearly no expense. We'd still be extremely limited on CL nights, however, Uefa does not like the idea of it I believe.

PS - First post! Hope it was reasonably resourceful

Welcome!

I imagine that we'd also have to offer away teams standing if it came in. The FA love equality. Shed and MH lower tiers standing. Upper tiers seating and we're good to go. Keep everything else as it is.

Welcome!

I imagine that we'd also have to offer away teams standing if it came in. The FA love equality. Shed and MH lower tiers standing. Upper tiers seating and we're good to go. Keep everything else as it is.

Stupid question I know - but is there a rule actually stating that away fans 'must' be allowed into the stadium? I know it's always happened - but is there an actual rule?

Stupid question I know - but is there a rule actually stating that away fans 'must' be allowed into the stadium? I know it's always happened - but is there an actual rule?

Unfortunately there is a rule stating a set allocation that we have to give them.

Whether or not we have to allow them entry into the stadium is a different question entirely...

It's for their own good :P

Technically the upper level could be standing too - but it would put the FA on a witch hunt to stop it..the crush barriers would have to be idiot proofed.

Away fans should still be moved to West Stand - otherwise the standing arrangement would benefit them more than us.

Also, the gangways and exits would have to be rejigged to handle a 140% volume capacity - Maybe a few more bar staff too :P in the medium term it would still be about 10-20, maybe even 30k short of what we really need - On top of travel costs etc a single game can run to £100+ as I live out of London, unless you can split it between mates it's turned into a 1 game a year thing for me. That's if I can even get tickets - Even Bolton sold out in a matter of days. Stamford Bridge at its current size is not an option for a club.. As much as I don't want to leave, I think unless we somehow get TfL to agree to tunnel the district line, demolish the village and buy out the houses and demolish them too, as well as then constructing new stands... it may be cheaper to move. Although the potential of the site is great, it depends how much Roman wants to open his pockets. I might make some concepts actually if anyone wants them..

Standing is ok to a point, at Away games it is annoying.....I was next to an elderly gentleman yesterday who couldn't sit down for 90 minutes because everyone stands, he's not disabled so can't get a disabled ticket...and even myself I have dodgy knees and it's a strain.

Away fans should be MADE to sit down, if there are no designated standing areas, sit down. not everyone wants to stand.

Considering we had Torres who had vine fails every week, Im not surprised at all :)

What is happening with the expanding possibilities?

previous pages and an article Alex wrote a few weeks ago cover it. Basically the club are currently doing a survey of the area surrounding the stadium. It is not a survey into the feasibility of expansion exactly but it is the first step in looking at expansion and it's viability. Chelsea are yet to make any comment about using Twickenham or the outcome of the survey they are currently undertaking

EDIT: Although the RFU said Chelsea had contacted them about using Twickenham, me and Greavsie I think it was pointed out that due to laws in the area about the number of events allowed to be hosted at Twickenham each year it may not be viable. I think that was a few pages back too. It seems to be paper talk really