Stamford Bridge Thread

Yes we need bigger stadium this is true,but the fans,the Chelsea players,especially legends won't want to change the stadium.Stamford Bridge is our home!We were born there guys.Who wants to change his home.Arsenal made awful stadium.Highbury was very good stadium.I liked it.The smallest stadiums are more comfortable.The real fans go there.

To talk about the new stadium.I like very much that the seats are near the pitch.I like Santiago Bernabeo for the same reason.If Abramovic want to make good stadium let do that.Not to make stadium which will replace after 10 years for some stupid reasons.If the plans for good,big and beautiful stadium OK,I'm agree.

We can keep Stamford Bridge and there we can play the matches of Reserves and Youth games.I hope to keep Staford Bridge and go there one day :)

Quention for english guys: can Chelsea have a crowded 70.000 seats stadium in a PL match against Wigan ?

Most probably not in the near future, maybe some 10/15 years from now. Certainly won't be anytime sooner

Quention for english guys: can Chelsea have a crowded 70.000 seats stadium in a PL match against Wigan ?

Could we FILL it? Yes.

Will they all be die-hard Chelsea fans? Probably not.

Remember, we'll probably do like Wembley and have a lot box seats. Which no doubt we'll be selling to some top class companies for more revenue. Revenue won't be an issue. With the amount of sponsorship we could rake in, now that Chelsea is a global brand, sponsors will lick their lips for a chance to buy some advertising space.

Could we FILL it? Yes.

Will they all be die-hard Chelsea fans? Probably not.

Remember, we'll probably do like Wembley and have a lot box seats. Which no doubt we'll be selling to some top class companies for more revenue. Revenue won't be an issue. With the amount of sponsorship we could rake in, now that Chelsea is a global brand, sponsors will lick their lips for a chance to buy some advertising space.

I have read that most part of people who go to Stamford Bridge dont have a clue about football.

I have read that most part of people who go to Stamford Bridge dont have a clue about football.

It happens with most big clubs to be fair. THAT being said, you get people who go to learn more about the game, so there are 2-sides of that coin remember.

Whatever the case, I don't think we'll have trouble filling them. Even if prices continue to rise. Football tickets are an ever demand-growing good.. If people can find/have money they will go. No matter who the opposition.

It's really interesting that we're suddenly making decisions to move to a new stadium!

I won't hide my excitement over the idea of moving to a massive seater stadium, but I feel that it's really sad, especially when Stamford Bridge has been the heart of Chelsea since 1905.

I wouldn't say most and I wouldn't know anyway since I've never been at SB but I've heard the away fans are way more passionate.

I wouldn't say most and I wouldn't know anyway since I've never been at SB but I've heard the away fans are way more passionate.

There arent really 2 different sets of supporters, most away fans go to Stamford Bridge too but at away games everyone who travels wants to sing and get behind the team and they are sat together in one area. At home those who want to sing are spread out and mixed in with those who prefer not to, and theres lots of moaners.

This isnt just a Chelsea thing by the way thats just how it is in England.

We could probably fill a 60k stadium week-in, week-out, I'd wager. That's because Chelsea is a global brand and being in an affluent area of London, we'd get a lot of fairweather 'tourist supporters' coming in with their prawn sarnies.

How did you come to that conclusion? With you being based in Brazil, have you even been to Stamford Bridge?

As much as I'd hate to move away from SB, it will have to happen one day. It's inevitable. We're double champions and one of the biggest sides in the world, but with a relatively small stadium. I think we could easily sell out around 60k a week. As long as there isn't a rename, it isn't full of corporate boxes and it is built to preserve the atmosphere, I'm fine with it.

I want a 70k seater.:) I know we wouldn't sell out every game but would against Manure,Liverpoo then there's London derbies Fulham,Arse,QPR,Spurs,West ham (one day).

It's my dream to see us host a CL final and a world cup semi final,then we can always work on filling the stadium over the years,I want biggerand better than the Arse.

It's not gonna happen anytime soon anyway,plenty more years to get down to the bridge.