Stamford Bridge Thread

Personally, I don't think the club can grow in a healthy manner if you dig up its roots. I've heard stories of how long-time Arse fans are disappointed with the Emirates and the soulless atmosphere there. That stadium promised to bring revenue and sustained success. What have Arse accomplished since they started playing at the Emirates?

emo3.gif that's the main reason why I'm opposed to relocate to a bigger stadium. Stamford Bridge is what Chelsea is all about, I wouldn't want commercial tourist fans showing up at games to just sit there and watch for the hell of it.

If this does happen Stamford Bridge should atleast be KEPT, Barca have 2 grounds so why shouldn't we?

I would be very unhappy to see Stamford Bridge knocked down regardless

I highly doubt it. Think of the revenue we could generate from the sale of the current plot, it would be enough to fund a large part of the new build.

I highly doubt it. Think of the revenue we could generate from the sale of the current plot, it would be enough to fund a large part of the new build.

Just a thought but either way i dont want either to happen.

I want to stay at the Bridge, its the home off our club and i want us to stay here and if thats at the expense of a few quid that so fucking be it.

Would it possible to build the new ground in the same style as the Bridge? I don't want to move to another of those hollow bowl-looking stadiums like the Emirates.

I would highly doubt Roman would even consider it. I can just imagine what type of stadium we will end up getting. Some fish bowl, please lord don't let it look like Man City or Arsenals stadium....

Guest justin_3d

Some fishbowls can look pretty stunning though:

Allianz-Arena-in-Germany_Architectural-masterpiece_5482.jpg

Oh men, one of my favorites stadium. Very beautiful!

For me, I am really up for moving. It is needed in the continued growth of this club.

Not to mention that the money we spend on the stadium does not count towards the Financial Fair play Rule. ;)

Now if we could only get some Chinese company to build our stadium. As they did a great job in the Beijing Olympics. :)

Oh men, one of my favorites stadium. Very beautiful!

For me, I am really up for moving. It is needed in the continued growth of this club.

Not to mention that the money we spend on the stadium does not count towards the Financial Fair play Rule. ;)

Now if we could only get some Chinese company to build our stadium. As they did a great job in the Beijing Olympics. :)

The same firm that designed the Allianz designed the Beijing Olympics Stadium. And I believe a British company constructed it. I wouldn't mind going the same route