Stamford Bridge Thread

So yes its another one of these topics but guy on my facebook went to a meeting at stamford bridge tonight which was run my Bruce Buck. He said its pretty much 100 percent that we will be moving stadiums. 60k seat stadium and its a matter of when not if. Waiting on finding location.

Thoughts?

Very strange.

Considering Buck's been saying it's not in their plans for the next coming years, it's very strange he'd change stories like that. Any idea of when? Where?

Nothing mentioned mate, sorry.

Really want to get to the Bridge before we move from it now.

But guys, Reality is, for the club to fufill its potential we were always going to have to move stadium, Stamford Bridge is our home and always will be but a 42,000 seater stadium isn't what a big club should have.

Fair enough our fan base isn't huge, But with a bigger capacity stadium will bring lower ticket prices, Which will encourage some of the old fans to come back.

Exciting times.

Exciting times.

Exactly.. Yes we'll always love the bridge because it's the original home of Chelsea FC. But a new stadium is exciting! It really makes the Roman Abramovich era, the transition from what the club was to what it is today.

Sorry Steve, I just don't feel a guy on Facebook is a reliable enough source for this kind of information. I'm not gonna believe it until it's official.

I love Stamford Bridge sad.gif

This is the toughest question to answer in modern football: Build a new stadium, which could ultimately put Chelsea on the world stage permanently and sell the soul and only home of the club or stay at the Bridge and run the risk of being Liverpool, who struggle to keep up with the ascendancy of their peers?

Personally, I don't think the club can grow in a healthy manner if you dig up its roots. I've heard stories of how long-time Arse fans are disappointed with the Emirates and the soulless atmosphere there. That stadium promised to bring revenue and sustained success. What have Arse accomplished since they started playing at the Emirates?

In a little over a year, West Ham are about to move into a stadium they have no hope of ever filling. They will be a Championship club peddling £1 tickets to watch a club with a jaded fan base and a track around their pitch, not to mention their debt which threatens to sink them further.

Besides, don't the Pitch Owners have a thing that would force Chelsea to change their name if they ever left the Bridge? We might as well be MK Dons if that happened, plastic pariahs of the game. I am an American and I watch professional sports teams leave their communities often; one basketball team threatened to leave Sacramento, California to be the third team in the Los Angeles area. They wanted to change their name when they got there. If Chelsea does that, we might as well call it what it would be: Chelsea Football Franchise. As it stands, Chelsea is not a franchise, and it will never be a franchise. It is too important to too many people for that to ever happen.

I don't like the idea of moving. Stamford Bridge is home; hell, it's the only home we've ever had. Arse thought the grass was greener on the other side and look at what they lost on the way there...

Besides, don't the Pitch Owners have a thing that would force Chelsea to change their name if they ever left the Bridge? We might as well be MK Dons if that happened, plastic pariahs

That's a big misconception amongst Chelsea fans on here. As long as the majority of pitch owners agree to the move, the name will remain, It's not set in stone.