Stamford Bridge Thread

sorry if this has already been posted but such brilliant pictures of the Bridge

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/dec/18/chelseas-stamford-bridge-then-and-now

THANKS ,, they can never be shown too often ,, The 1945 photo is the best known ,, but all are worth seeing .. THANKS again

Club are apparently flirting with the idea of moving the dugouts to the west stand and away fans back to the east lower

Should've been done years ago. They'd be in direct view of the main TV camera and away fans would be out of the Shed, don't know why they're only flirting.

Club are apparently flirting with the idea of moving the dugouts to the west stand and away fans back to the east lower

Sacrilege away fans allowed in the shed. They never took it before redevelopment, though the yids reckon they did, and then ironically the club allows them in after introduction of seating

One too many.

Oh dear :-P.

Still cracks me up bout the guy sat with me n my mum once.His logic was men play football so makes sense for them to watch it whereas woman knit and give birth so should watch that instead ...not sure of the logic lol

Oh dear :-P.

Still cracks me up bout the guy sat with me n my mum once.His logic was men play football so makes sense for them to watch it whereas woman knit and give birth so should watch that instead ...not sure of the logic lol

the trouble with football crowds ,,, NOT enough women ,,, Baseball does it so much better

quote name="Laylabelle" post="1026963" timestamp="1418945270"]Oh dear :-P.

quote name="Laylabelle" post="1026963" timestamp="1418945270"]Oh dear :-P.

Sexist remarks are as bad as racist ,, Pity we have no female mods on here ,, though we do have some excellent female members.

NOT enough though

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/premier-league-clubs-charge-600-children-mascots

One of only 9 clubs in the league to not charge money from the kids that act as matchday mascots. But I was told we have no class? :rolleyes:

I'm surprised the Guardian had anything that could be interpreted as being even remotely positive about our club considering how virulently anti-Chelsea they always are. Pictures of the old Stamford Bridge filled to the brim with CFC fans further illustrate how hopelessly addled the thought process of the typical Chelsea hating Kopite is.

They're very quick to forget we won a European trophy before them and that "history" is not restricted to a certain period in a club's existence. Reading through the article, they're at it again talking shit about Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea. Sad bunch. Weird even.

As for the actual article, the Old Stamford Bridge (I can only speak of 1997-2003 period, so not so far back) is in some ways, believe it or not, better than it is now and not just for nostalgic reasons. I remember going to see us crush Everton 3-0 with a brace from Jimmy, 2001, think it was. The atmosphere was electric from every corner/stand. And it generally was in those days, even in games when we expected to win. Nowadays, they're only up for it in the big Champions league games, as it was when I went for the 3-2 win over Liverpool, under Grant. Even the big London derbies are pretty tepid affairs, noise wise. Obviously it's not just us, it's the whole country. And it's a problem that sooner or later, has to be addressed by the league.