Stamford Bridge Thread

It depends in which direction you're going.

For Chelsea to go North or East London it would be absolutely awful in my opinion.

Further South/South West is fine. Perhaps even on the brink of Surrey area.

Indeed I'm now thinking like the Allianz Arena - Munich moved it outside onto the main ring-road easier to get to, just all round common sense, they even have dedicated trains serving the stadium

The Allianz is simply the best stadium I have been too - we need something like that

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bridge - but anybody who's been there knows it's tough to get it any bigger and the infrastructure around the ground just cannot cope :(

Making it 60.000 would be great but it still isn't up to scratch compared to stadiums like the allianze, bernabue ect.

and nor is it necessary given our fanbase. 60,000 is about the maximum we could regularly fill every week IMO. People go on about how the Bridge is too small for us now but are quick to forget how almost every cup game goes on general sale, we don't sell out every game and we put season tickets practically on general sale in 2010/11 due to lack of demand

and nor is it necessary given our fanbase. 60,000 is about the maximum we could regularly fill every week IMO. People go on about how the Bridge is too small for us now but are quick to forget how almost every cup game goes on general sale, we don't sell out every game and we put season tickets practically on general sale in 2010/11 due to lack of demand

Yes your right 60,000 is enough, but if we want to progess and become a super team in the future like the Bayern's and Madrid's then we will need something bigger or more glamourous, we don't stand still or football will catch us.

Yes your right 60,000 is enough, but if we want to progess and become a super team in the future like the Bayern's and Madrid's then we will need something bigger or more glamourous, we don't stand still or football will catch us.

Build for the future! Absolutely the right attitude!

Ok - we might not fill it now - but 4-5 years of winning more trophies and you will see that change. United were nowhere relatively speaking with regards to fan base - 25 years on they are a massive global brand - that has to be our aim! We're 10 years in, with 15 to go, plenty of time to grow our status :)

A lot of grounds have been built with potential to be able to expand them further if needs be. This is an absolute must if we leave the Bridge.

I think we will have absolutely no issue selling out 60k in a new/redeveloped stadium for 2-3 seasons at least. Fans that haven't been for years will be queuing for tickets to see the new stadium. If we're successful in those 2-3 years then the sell outs will continue. Not to mention if we drop ticket prices in some areas. I don't think selling out is an immediate concern at all.

Indeed I'm now thinking like the Allianz Arena - Munich moved it outside onto the main ring-road easier to get to, just all round common sense, they even have dedicated trains serving the stadium

The Allianz is simply the best stadium I have been too - we need something like that

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bridge - but anybody who's been there knows it's tough to get it any bigger and the infrastructure around the ground just cannot cope :(

Not just Bayern fans, but every Fan who visits, loves that Stadium. It's fit for purpose, it's beautiful and it's prestigious. Home fans must feel proud every time they walk in.

I wish we fans of Engilsh football would stop expecting our clubs to be servants to their grounds, rather than the other way around. Why is it so desperately important that we must continue watching our team at SB, and why must we commit future generations of Chelsea fans to doing the same? I clearly don't have that gene in my make up because I just don't get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Once West Ham, Everton, Birmingham and Tottenham move we'll have the 13th biggest ground in England.

QPR's new stadium could even out do our current capacity. Palace are also looking at increasing to 40k, they could probably add another 2k to that as well. We'd have the 6th Biggest stadium in London alone and 15th in the country if that happened.

How can we consider ourselves one of the biggest clubs in the world without a stadium to match it? Embarrassing that people would be against a move and willing to hinder our progress because of nostalgia.

Once West Ham, Everton, Birmingham and Tottenham move we'll have the 13th biggest ground in England.

QPR's new stadium could even out do our current capacity. Palace are also looking at increasing to 40k, they could probably add another 2k to that as well. We'd have the 6th Biggest stadium in London alone and 15th in the country if that happened.

How can we consider ourselves one of the biggest clubs in the world without a stadium to match it? Embarrassing that people would be against a move and willing to hinder our progress because of nostalgia.

But we shouldn't dare speak against the Chelsea Pitch Owners..

• 2 weeks later...

From the fan forum meeting with the club last month:

Ground expansion

Bruce addressed several questions raised about a new stadium.

The Club commented that at present it is not looking at new sites. The two options looked at most closely were Battersea Power Station which has now gone, and Earl's Court.

From a construction only perspective it is possible to increase the size of the stadium. However other issues would need to be resolved such as financial viability, ingress and egress, rights of light, property behind the Shed End, listed buildings etc.. Consultation announced in the summer is part of the process but there is no final plan ready. Stadium redevelopment here has always been our first choice.

The ideal capacity is 60,000. No application has been made yet and we are still looking at several designs. There are two options for rebuilding, either stand by stand or all in one. We had a short informal meeting with Twickenham as we need to consider all the options. We haven't made the decision on whether to move out during any potential rebuild and are looking at two factors. The first is financial and is a trade off. The other aspect is what the fans would prefer.

As regards ticketing at a rebuilt stadium the Club can't make any comment about prices.

Safe standing would be considered by the Club in a bigger stadium if the law changes.

Asked if there would be a system in place for current ST holders to have priority for new seats in a bigger stadium the club confirmed there would be.