Stamford Bridge Thread

I don't have anything against bowls. The Allianz is beautiful and the Emirates ain't bad either. While Arsenal's ground is dead, Bayern's rocks. Atmosphere has more to do with fan attitude than with the style of the ground. Granted 'safe standing' may play a part in Munich but it's still mainly down to the way fans support their team.

Dunno why anyone would want a bowl rather than Stamford Bridge, It's unique, Is in a stunning part of London...it's got character! just need expanded a bit!

I take it you were in a coma when the Battersea plans were revealed and we found out what the pitch owners and the club had in mind..

The Chelsea pitch owners communicated to the club explicitly that the fans do not want a bowl. When plans (actual images) of a proposed move to Battersea were released the stadium was not a bowl. The club know we don't want a bowl, and the Chelsea pitch owners will see to it that we don't get a bowl.

Is this now clear for you now?

I take it you were in a coma when the Battersea plans were revealed and we found out what the pitch owners and the club had in mind..

The Chelsea pitch owners communicated to the club explicitly that the fans do not want a bowl. When plans (actual images) of a proposed move to Battersea were released the stadium was not a bowl. The club know we don't want a bowl, and the Chelsea pitch owners will see to it that we don't get a bowl.

Is this now clear for you now?

I am fully aware of everything you said!

I was simply saying there are certain "fans" that would be quite happy with a Bowl!

I suspect a lot of people saying they can't see the big deal with Stamford Bridge - has never been!

not matter how often and as many times a season i go, I still get an amazing feeling walking into it!

I suspect a lot of people saying they can't see the big deal with Stamford Bridge - has never been!

not matter how often and as many times a season i go, I still get an amazing feeling walking into it!

That's really interesting. I get a bit of a buzz, I can't deny it but nowhere near what it used to be back in the old 'Shed' days.

The total thrill I used to get walking up the big steps at the Britannia gate entrance was amazing. Reaching the top and taking your first glimpse of the grass, or more often the mud, seeing the corner flags fluttering and the floodlights warming up was intoxicating. The highlight of the week was about to begin.

It also took longer in the old days. You queued to get in and, if it was a big game, you queued a long time. That all meant you spent longer in the ground before kick-off, getting into the atmosphere of the day. By the time I used to arrive in The Shed back then, I wouldn't even have left home these days.

I still love it but it's a very different experience nowadays. I certainly don't get the same excitement from just entering the ground that once I did. Maybe it's to do with age. :(

That's really interesting. I get a bit of a buzz, I can't deny it but nowhere near what it used to be back in the old 'Shed' days.

The total thrill I used to get walking up the big steps at the Britannia gate entrance was amazing. Reaching the top and taking your first glimpse of the grass, or more often the mud, seeing the corner flags fluttering and the floodlights warming up was intoxicating. The highlight of the week was about to begin.

It also took longer in the old days. You queued to get in and, if it was a big game, you queued a long time. That all meant you spent longer in the ground before kick-off, getting into the atmosphere of the day. By the time I used to arrive in The Shed back then, I wouldn't even have left home these days.

I still love it but it's a very different experience nowadays. I certainly don't get the same excitement from just entering the ground that once I did. Maybe it's to do with age. :(

money breeds expectation, and that is an atmos killer, miss the good old, bad old days £6 quid to get in the shed, right old piss up, that's why i prefer away games much better atmos!