test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Stamford Bridge

Started by Steve,

2,417 posts in this topic

So yes its another one of these topics but guy on my facebook went to a meeting at stamford bridge tonight which was run my Bruce Buck. He said its pretty much 100 percent that we will be moving stadiums. 60k seat stadium and its a matter of when not if. Waiting on finding location.

Thoughts?

How credible is that source?

I mean, Tomorrow I can post on your Wall and tell you, I was on Roman's Yatch this evening with Gourlay and Buck and we plan to bid for Messi this summer.

Secondly,

Moving, Stadium is fine with me. a 60k seater is absolutely fine. More than the Looks of the stadium Id rather have the acoustics of the stadium looked at with precision. We want an atmosphere like

I mean, Tomorrow I can post on your Wall and tell you, I was on Roman's Yatch this evening with Gourlay and Buck and we plan to bid for Messi this summer.

I believe it was Mark Worrall, this is exactly what he said

On Stamford Bridge. CFC have NOT and NEVER HAVE made any approaches to the council with a proposal to increase the capacity or redevelop the ground because they have not been to come up with a cost effective and practical plan to do so. CFCs future plans involve a stadium with a circa 60k capacity. My take on that ... 100% definite CFC are going to move when suitable "local" premises are secured.

Secondly,

Moving, Stadium is fine with me. a 60k seater is absolutely fine. More than the Looks of the stadium Id rather have the acoustics of the stadium looked at with precision. We want an atmosphere like

He owns one of the stores outside stamford bridge and a few of them had a meeting at the ground. Which i had heard about with a few people at the ground as well. So im pretty sure its legit.

would be the most devastating event i`ve experienced as a Chelsea fan.

i guess it would reopen the doors for the fans who followed us through the real tough times but have been squeezed out the door in recent years due to having to pay "tourist prices" these days.

also,we should have a row of seats reserved only for servicemen/women. so that when they aren`t on duty they can feast on the banquet that is following Chelsea these days. they are giving up a lot for us and being able to watch their beloved Chelsea a few games a season shouldn`t be one of them!

it will be such a sad day for me though for many reasons..my grandfather died the year before we won our first championship in `55..after going to the bridge since 1930,i didn`t ever meet him,only have one photo of him,he died when my dad was 4 so for us going to the bridge where he used to spend so many hours is kinda sacred for my dad.

Whatever you say, it sounds strange for a club as big as Chelsea to have a 40k stadium, and in 10 years when our club gets even bigger... <_<

I just hope it doesnt end up looking like the Emrites.The whole location and look of their staduim just looks really weird

When Arsenal haven't won anything in six years and play in a 60k stadium, you know it's time to move on and expand.

Just to re-post something I wrote a while back, regarding the Bridge

Sadly true, its all about money. But look around its every top club who raises prices. Does the small clubs do the same?.

Only defence would be we only got a 40k stadium, and only a fool will think that its ever gonna be cheaper, its not

gonna happen, ticket prices a gonna be raised every season!.

We love Stamford Bridge, Arsenal fans love Highbury, Southampton loved their Dell, Sunderland loved Roker. Liverpool might be moving and look how famous their ground is for them, it's iconic. At the end of the day, we need a big ground with a huge capacity and a nice big spacious pitch to play modern football on because i'm certain we can fill 60,000, especially with the amount of fans we've gained since 2003 to the present day all round the world. We're a global brand now and the stadium needs to move with the times too. We need a fortress, a place to intimidate teams, where teams will say 'wow' and feel in ore of us. Teams come to SB and it's hardly scary for them or intimidating....

Chelsea 2003 - Present is a completely different brand to Chelsea pre 2003 and it's time we moved on despite how much we want to stay where home really is. Plus... I wanna go again tbh lol.

I'd like us to move into a new home. Like from a nice house to a mansion. Just imagine what a stadium for a team owned by a multi billionaire would look like? We as a football club deserve to move to the next step. And that's a 60-70,000 all seater paradise of a stadium where we can rule the world ... Ok i'm going too far now lol but u know what i mean.

Term-X, Shane and HRiver like this

We love Stamford Bridge, Arsenal fans love Highbury, Southampton loved their Dell, Sunderland loved Roker. Liverpool might be moving and look how famous their ground is for them, it's iconic. At the end of the day, we need a big ground with a huge capacity and a nice big spacious pitch to play modern football on because i'm certain we can fill 60,000, especially with the amount of fans we've gained since 2003 to the present day all round the world. We're a global brand now and the stadium needs to move with the times too. We need a fortress, a place to intimidate teams, where teams will say 'wow' and feel in ore of us. Teams come to SB and it's hardly scary for them or intimidating....

Chelsea 2003 - Present is a completely different brand to Chelsea pre 2003 and it's time we moved on despite how much we want to stay where home really is. Plus... I wanna go again tbh lol.

I'd like us to move into a new home. Like from a nice house to a mansion. Just imagine what a stadium for a team owned by a multi billionaire would look like? We as a football club deserve to move to the next step. And that's a 60-70,000 all seater paradise of a stadium where we can rule the world ... Ok i'm going too far now lol but u know what i mean.

:goodpost: Well Ollie, you've sort of swayed me now you put it like that. It would be a shame to leave SB behind but if we are going to be competing at the top level for years to come maybe it is time to move on...

No to a bowl stadium though :P I want a Bernabeu style stadium

santiago_bernabeu.jpg

epic

It will be a shame to leave tho but we've won the league there a few times now and have endless memories from the Barca 4-2 and Man Utd 5-0 and of course the Wigan 8-0. Just feel as though we've given the Bridge a lot of great things so we can leave it knowing that we served it well. SB as a stadium is lovely, it looks good, modern and the shape and design is perfect, it just doesn't hold enough people or intimidate teams so i'll be fine if we move on. Probably wont happen for like 5 years anyway at the least though so no worries yet.

No offense to everybody that's got a special attachment to SB, but its called progress. The bridge has been expanded and modified endless times since "the beginning" to the point that it bears no resemblance to its original incarnation. I've never been there so some people will disregard my post but its a no-brainer decision to take our club to the next level. The question is will the designers be smart enough to incorporate enough of the bridge's atmosphere and qualities for the diehards to consider it "home" for them? If they can do that then the club as a whole will be the better for it and that's the main point.

One more reason i won't new stadium.When Arsenal building there stadium the didn't give money to Arsen for new players.Now we need Abramovic money for good transfers.After we build a team we can think about building a new stadium.Hope Abramovic not to make mistake with his money.

If we take the Bridge's atmosphere to a 60,000 seater, the volume per person would probably be in negative decibels :lol:

Maybe if you went once in a while, you could help change that, eh?