test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Stamford Bridge

Started by Steve,

2,417 posts in this topic

If we move, then that would be a shame since th chances of me being able to witness a game in SB would be low :(

Quention for english guys: can Chelsea have a crowded 70.000 seats stadium in a PL match against Wigan ?

Most probably not in the near future, maybe some 10/15 years from now. Certainly won't be anytime sooner

Quention for english guys: can Chelsea have a crowded 70.000 seats stadium in a PL match against Wigan ?

Could we FILL it? Yes.

Will they all be die-hard Chelsea fans? Probably not.

Remember, we'll probably do like Wembley and have a lot box seats. Which no doubt we'll be selling to some top class companies for more revenue. Revenue won't be an issue. With the amount of sponsorship we could rake in, now that Chelsea is a global brand, sponsors will lick their lips for a chance to buy some advertising space.

Could we FILL it? Yes.

Will they all be die-hard Chelsea fans? Probably not.

Remember, we'll probably do like Wembley and have a lot box seats. Which no doubt we'll be selling to some top class companies for more revenue. Revenue won't be an issue. With the amount of sponsorship we could rake in, now that Chelsea is a global brand, sponsors will lick their lips for a chance to buy some advertising space.

I have read that most part of people who go to Stamford Bridge dont have a clue about football.

Rambo likes this

I have read that most part of people who go to Stamford Bridge dont have a clue about football.

It happens with most big clubs to be fair. THAT being said, you get people who go to learn more about the game, so there are 2-sides of that coin remember.

Whatever the case, I don't think we'll have trouble filling them. Even if prices continue to rise. Football tickets are an ever demand-growing good.. If people can find/have money they will go. No matter who the opposition.

It's really interesting that we're suddenly making decisions to move to a new stadium!

I won't hide my excitement over the idea of moving to a massive seater stadium, but I feel that it's really sad, especially when Stamford Bridge has been the heart of Chelsea since 1905.

I wouldn't say most and I wouldn't know anyway since I've never been at SB but I've heard the away fans are way more passionate.

I wouldn't say most and I wouldn't know anyway since I've never been at SB but I've heard the away fans are way more passionate.

There arent really 2 different sets of supporters, most away fans go to Stamford Bridge too but at away games everyone who travels wants to sing and get behind the team and they are sat together in one area. At home those who want to sing are spread out and mixed in with those who prefer not to, and theres lots of moaners.

This isnt just a Chelsea thing by the way thats just how it is in England.

What about all of the glory hunters at Man United?? Don't they get a mention in this?? :whistling:

We could probably fill a 60k stadium week-in, week-out, I'd wager. That's because Chelsea is a global brand and being in an affluent area of London, we'd get a lot of fairweather 'tourist supporters' coming in with their prawn sarnies.

How did you come to that conclusion? With you being based in Brazil, have you even been to Stamford Bridge?

As much as I'd hate to move away from SB, it will have to happen one day. It's inevitable. We're double champions and one of the biggest sides in the world, but with a relatively small stadium. I think we could easily sell out around 60k a week. As long as there isn't a rename, it isn't full of corporate boxes and it is built to preserve the atmosphere, I'm fine with it.

I want a 70k seater.:) I know we wouldn't sell out every game but would against Manure,Liverpoo then there's London derbies Fulham,Arse,QPR,Spurs,West ham (one day).

It's my dream to see us host a CL final and a world cup semi final,then we can always work on filling the stadium over the years,I want biggerand better than the Arse.

It's not gonna happen anytime soon anyway,plenty more years to get down to the bridge.

Just to re-post something I wrote a while back, regarding the Bridge

Gourlay’s 8% ticket increase takes the biscuit

16th Apr 2011, In Articles, by Alex Hinsley

You may or may not have heard the latest news surrounding Chelsea.

It isn’t to do with a new signing like Fernando Torres – that the spoilt glory supporters will become fed up with after a mere 693 minutes of hard work and faultless effort – and it isn’t to do with Carlo Ancelotti, surprisingly. Whilst the Italian’s time may not be up just yet, one thing that is up – more specifically going up – is the average price of a ticket at Stamford Bridge.

That means that in two seasons as Chief Executive, Ron Gourlay has increased the average price of a ticket at our West London home by about £8.50, give or take a few pence either way. For fans like me and you, who unfortunately do not have money trees in our back gardens, or have the luxury of wiping our backsides with tenners, it means we are simply being priced out of Stamford Bridge.

In summary, Gourlay’s taking the piss.

It means that if you are over the age of 16 and under the age of 65, you will have to pay £61 to sit in the Matthew Harding Lower to watch a game against Arsenal under the new ‘category AA’ game category, as opposed to the mere £52 you’d pay to watch Wigan. Tell me, who the fuck would pay that much to go and watch us play Wigan? And with opposition fans having to pay exactly the same price, why would a Wigan fan spend so much on coming to our home ground?

I’ll tell you who – people who can afford it, and unfortunately, most of those people are not real Chelsea fans. The club are concerned about a lack of atmosphere at the Bridge, and yet they are pricing the likes of me and you out.

Let me put this into perspective for you – in the 2006/07 season, I went to watch 17 home games. This year, I’ve been to three, because each game is costing me personally about £40 more because of seating prices being raised, on top of the exorbitant amount we have to also pay in fuel.

People who find solace in reduced prices for the Carling Cup, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League group stage matches will be disappointed as well. Expect to pay £40 to watch us play in Europe’s ‘premier competition,’ or instead, how about you pay £30 as we struggle to beat a lowly League Two side?

It is nothing but an utter piss-take.

The club say they have spoken to the Fans’ Forum, who agreed with the new pricing policy. What ‘Fans’ Forum’ was this? The Royal Association of Rich Bastards? Call me a cynic and even call me jealous, but when you see people from working- and lower-middle-class backgrounds being forced to pay extortionate amounts to watch their team play, you can forgive them for voluntarily becoming armchair fans. I might as well just watch us on Sky on a Sunday afternoon.

The fact of the matter is you can expect prices to go up and up and up if the club want to milk the fans to pay off the Torres and Luiz transfers, and hope we can scrape through with UEFA’s financial ‘fair play’ regulations (which will mean Arsenal will probably take on Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the final in a couple of years’ time – and more than likely lose as we look on laughing).

So call me bitter, but call me disappointed as well. But the club can see quite clearly that they certainly won’t be getting any money from me next season. Overpriced merchandise made for 52 pence in Taiwan and flogged for a tenner because someone stuck a Chelsea sticker on it? Well, that doesn’t take the piss anymore. Paying nearly £1000 for a season ticket – that’s what’s taking the piss.

But will the club change anything? No, of course not. Do they even care? Well, quite frankly – no. Football is a business and unfortunately we will always have the casual tourist or ten thousand that will be willing to pay such money to watch eleven overpaid and under-committed men kick a ball around for 90 minutes.

I suppose moving to a new stadium isn’t such a bad idea afterall.

What would everybody like it too be like on the inside and the outside then? Id quite like to have soemthing very distinct- not any of that bowl shape rubbish using the 'modern stadium' template. Something like Dragao would be nice :eyebrows:

http://portofootballclub.com/stadium.php

^^^

Now thats a stadium! :worship:

eldo and Kezza like this

Thing is moving staduim doesnt mean ticket prices will come down a whole lot,mean look at Arsenal huge staduim yet charging £90 in some games..just means may end up having more people paying daft prices.Hopfully though most would come down..this whole Category stuff is bollocks as its still pricey! In an ideal world surley B be a lot less cheaper then A not just a couple of quid and AA is just daft...

In an ideal world surley B be a lot less cheaper then A not just a couple of quid and AA is just daft...

And then the category A prices for next season are against teams like Everton and Aston Villa- what makes them bigger games than one against say Stoke or Wolves

How did you come to that conclusion? With you being based in Brazil, have you even been to Stamford Bridge?

He said, he read it.