test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Stamford Bridge

Started by Steve,

2,594 posts in this topic
57 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The only game I ever watched from the North Stand was the famous Clive Walker game vs Bolton. No problem that day because we were top right (facing the pitch) and the Bolton fan were way over to the left and there were only 17,000 there that day, hardly any of them Bolton. 

Fucking hell !!! I was in the North Stand that day too.  Bolton very happy at 2-0 and we were going to bugger off to the pub.......Enter Clive Flasher Walker. At the final whistle you'd have thought we won the Champions League !! That's the Chelsea I love and want to remember

Unionjack likes this

40 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Fucking hell !!! I was in the North Stand that day too.  Bolton very happy at 2-0 and we were going to bugger off to the pub.......Enter Clive Flasher Walker. At the final whistle you'd have thought we won the Champions League !! That's the Chelsea I love and want to remember

You weren’t up from Southampton with your girlfriend that you had just got engaged to were you?

We were in North Stand because we were late so we dived in there rather than walk round to The Shed. That meant it was a bunch of new people around us that we didn’t know. Got chatting to those two and made a nice afternoon of it.

By the way, we were three down when Walker came on to spark the miracle come back. I remember we had been singing for him to come on the whole second half. The place went wild when was finally brought on with less than 20 minutes to go. The rest is history. The ref said afterward that, despite having reffed in front of 100,000 at Wembley, that was the loudest noice he ever heard in a football ground. 

Starman60 likes this

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You weren’t up from Southampton with your girlfriend that you had just got engaged to were you?

We were in North Stand because we were late so we dived in there rather than walk round to The Shed. That meant it was a bunch of new people around us that we didn’t know. Got chatting to those and made a nice afternoon of it.

By the way, we were three down when Walker came on to spark the miracle come back. I remember we had been singing for him to come on the whole second half. The place went wild when was finally brought on with less than 20 minutes to go. The ref said afterward that, despite having reffed in front of 100,000 at Wembley, that was the loudest noice he ever heard in a football ground. 

No thank God I wasn't the one who got engaged :D I still tell people about the atmosphere after that game.A old damp miserable day, freezing our bollox off, 0-3 playing like shite... Then the "miracle of Stamford Bridge" happened. I have never ever ever seen a Chelsea team do anything like it since. Bolton were shell-shocked at the final whistle

OhForAGreavsie and Unionjack like this

Will the brick columns create shadows on the pitch while playing in the daytime? Anybody noted it in the last match against Newcastle. It makes so annoying to watch on TV.

38 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Not sure if the news is good or bad

Bad. We are the only big club in Europe really with a small sized stadium, and the more you delay, the harder it is to get the job done.

This is bad news. It feels like this could be the start of the end of Ronans Reign. Fuck life.

Bad. We are the only big club in Europe really with a small sized stadium, and the more you delay, the harder it is to get the job done.
It was supposedly the reason we weren't spending much, but it could have a more significant meaning. Roman's personal issues will certainly have a negative effect.

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

This is bad news. It feels like this could be the start of the end of Ronans Reign. Fuck life.

24 hour offy just up the road from me! My round ;)

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

24 hour offy just up the road from me! My round ;)

I'll give you know who a bell. This is gunna get messy.

Unionjack likes this

How many of you are Willing to bet by before the end of 2018.

Chelsea would have been sold to Another Billionaire.

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thank fuck for that  We don't need a new ground with the current tv deals.

You are relieved? That ground looks awesome. It would have been brilliant. This is the first time we have not seen Romab fully commited to the club since his arrival. 

Unionjack likes this

Its amazing ya know.

Ive been watching the history of the PL on History channel and its on 2004/05 and it seems like yesterday but the difference between us now and then in many ways is light years.

I dont like talking like 'Glory Days' cause its all about now. And right now it hurts.

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thank fuck for that  We don't need a new ground with the current tv deals.

I agree FB just to many what ifs. Four or five years at Wembley would not have worked out well crowds would be down and apart from against the big clubs and West Ham crowds would not be massively above 42,000 if at all. Some on here and they can take it how they like just don't understand what attending matches is about and five years away from the Bridge would have a detrimental effect on both fans and players alike. Chelsea - Burnley midweek in January at Wembley we'd be lucky to get 30,000.

Fulham Broadway likes this