Stamford Bridge Thread

Some amazing sponsor names eh. Just imagine us called Bargain Booze Bridge or Bridge of McDonald's.

I am hoping one of these Car Companies can be our Stadium Naming Rights Sponsor.

Look at The Holden Logo - it is a Lion and it would Represent Chelsea FC Greatly and The Company is Australian
holden_logo.jpg
1104px-Holden_logo.svg.png
List of automobile manufacturers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

List of current automobile manufacturers (alphabetical)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_automobile_manufacturers_(alphabetical)

Nah, too similar to the old stadium. It's a new stadium and IMO it should have new name even omitting financial reasoning here.

I think something like Gazprom Arena may be it.

i was think the same its a big money business have a company name on a stadium

I am hoping one of these Car Companies can be our Stadium Naming Rights Sponsor.

Look at The Holden Logo - it is a Lion and it would Represent Chelsea FC Greatly and The Company is Australian
holden_logo.jpg
1104px-Holden_logo.svg.png
List of automobile manufacturers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

List of current automobile manufacturers (alphabetical)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_automobile_manufacturers_(alphabetical) holden bridge

thats the point they dont need to change the name, we are only making our current ground bigger. and i dont want a name with a stupid fucking brand in it. not like we need the money is it. I hope sense comes through and they keep it as Stamford bridge

Stamford Bridge will be taken down in 2 years. There will be new arena and I don't have a problem with it having its own name.

The biggest proof that it will be brand new stadium and not Stamford Bridge with bigger capacity is that we're even discussing selling naming rights ! I mean, club tried to sell the name in previous years but sponsors are generally interested in new grounds so if we have opportunity to sell name for top dollars it's because sponsors consider it brand new stadium which is exactly what it will be.

Stamford Bridge will be taken down in 2 years. There will be new arena and I don't have a problem with it having its own name.

The biggest proof that it will be brand new stadium and not Stamford Bridge with bigger capacity is that we're even discussing selling naming rights ! I mean, club tried to sell the name in previous years but sponsors are generally interested in new grounds so if we have opportunity to sell name for top dollars it's because sponsors consider it brand new stadium which is exactly what it will be.

Unless we move sites (witch we are not) it will always be Stamford Bridge for me.

The thought of it being called the Yokohama Area or something like that is shocking. But these sorts of thing are more reasons why im losing love for football, its just money money money. no passion in football anymore.

The only name change i would be happy with is either, The Stamford Arena or The Matthew Harding Stadium

Anyone know what the plan is for the positioning of the away fans in the new stadium? Currently they are very close to the action, which makes them excessively audible. It's especially noticeable in the CL where you can often hear them jeering every touch of the ball by the Chelsea players in our own stadium. We should put them up in the Gods like most European teams do.

Anyone know what the plan is for the positioning of the away fans in the new stadium? Currently they are very close to the action, which makes them excessively audible. It's especially noticeable in the CL where you can often hear them jeering every touch of the ball by the Chelsea players in our own stadium. We should put them up in the Gods like most European teams do.

I would love it if they were out high up in The West Stand tbh.

They are not in East lower because of Jose and east upper because they could throw stuff on the hospitality people in East middle. They are not in any of the west stand because of segregation issues outside the ground (using the main exit with home fans) and because it is our most profitable stand.

Shed is ideal from a policing perspective because it has 2 different exit points

They are not in East lower because of Jose and east upper because they could throw stuff on the hospitality people in East middle. They are not in any of the west stand because of segregation issues outside the ground (using the main exit with home fans) and because it is our most profitable stand.

Shed is ideal from a policing perspective because it has 2 different exit points

Stop pretending you know shit. Go back yo bed its past bed time.

What are you now, 14? Still too young...

Whatever the reasoning and circumstances for locating the away support in the Shed right now is "water under the bridge" (I really enjoyed that play on words if I do say so myself). With the new stadium there is every opportunity to locate them in the crappiest position for them which would conversely give us the most advantage. Also, there is every opportunity to reunite the home support into a loud strong voice in one location. There is no excuse anyone can give where these 2 situations are not given due consideration and due priority. I don't care if Betty and John have had season tickets for 20 years in one of these locations and have to be moved to accommodate. This opportunity cannot be missed.

Yes, I'm a supporter from across the ocean and I don't understand all the local dynamics. It may be a very simplistic and unrealistic point of view (if that's the case please enlighten me because I'm always up for a history lesson), but if this new stadium does not have a home supporter's stand and does not have the away support in the worst seats in the house then I think somebody deserves a massive smack in the back of the head.