Stamford Bridge Thread

There's beauty in symmetry and the new design looks asymmetrical af

There's also a beauty in making the stadium the same same shape as it used to be.

As far as naming rights go, it'll depend on the sponsor for me. The Etihad sounds better than City of Manchester Stadium, but if it's a bad sponsor name, people will still call it the Bridge

How about bridge over the river kwai sponsored by the Japanese government. .

A good name to call it would be Bridge of Sighs.

It was said prisoners of the inquisition would give a sigh as they saw their last view of Venice on their way to prison from the court.. The name was given by Lord Byron as his translation of Ponte dei sospiri.

Its quite an opressing name and quite apt.

All fans that have been fans for quite some time will still call it the bridge, for me it's as iconic as our blue shirt.

It's funny you should say that. I was all in favour of moving if it meant we could get the stadium we needed, and as for naming rights, the sooner we get it done, the better. I was therefore considering what my personal lines in the sand would be and I think there are just four; Chelsea, Blue, the Lion Rampant Regardant with Staff, and Ossie's statue. Everything else is negotiable as far as I'm concerned.

i just thought of an amazing name for the new stadium

Stamford Bridge

Nah, too similar to the old stadium. It's a new stadium and IMO it should have new name even omitting financial reasoning here.

I think something like Gazprom Arena may be it.

I do hope they turn the Shed back over to us. Make it into a proper singing end. And lets hope the acoustics are looked into so that our voices make the opposition wet their pants. But I do wonder if the acoustics were looked into. Im sure that noise pollution with the surrounding area was but hopefully inside was too.

Nah, too similar to the old stadium. It's a new stadium and IMO it should have new name even omitting financial reasoning here.

I think something like Gazprom Arena may be it.

thats the point they dont need to change the name, we are only making our current ground bigger. and i dont want a name with a stupid fucking brand in it. not like we need the money is it. I hope sense comes through and they keep it as Stamford bridge

List of sports venues with sole naming rights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_venues_with_sole_naming_rights

List of sports venues with sole naming rights in United Kingdom / England

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_venues_with_sole_naming_rights#United_Kingdom

thats the point they dont need to change the name, we are only making our current ground bigger. and i dont want a name with a stupid fucking brand in it. not like we need the money is it. I hope sense comes through and they keep it as Stamford bridge

I can only see our name changing if they put a shit load of money into help building it but as Romans putting the money up and not as part of a loan I see us being eternally Stamford Bridge.

Id love a big fuck off bronze statue of the lion rampant reguardan holding the staff outside.

List of sports venues with sole naming rights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_venues_with_sole_naming_rights

List of sports venues with sole naming rights in United Kingdom / England

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_venues_with_sole_naming_rights#United_Kingdom

Some amazing sponser names eh. Just imagine us called Bargain Booze Bridge or Bridge of McDonalds.