Stamford Bridge Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen any news on our proposed expansion for ages... anybody know anything new since Feb?

I think only after the season we will get some information.

I'm very interesting what data they collected so far. Still think that the move to Earls Court/Lille Bridge will be on the cards.

Chelsea away from Stamford Bridge is a no- no for me. First off the new ground would be called something awful like the Vodafone stadium with stands called the Harrods end. Secondly the prices will be eye watering and the only people who will be able to afford them will be middle class tosspots who will just sit and applaud politely if we score. Football used to be like going to a gig all mates singing there heads off and generally fucking about. The atmosphere at some games isn't great and it will be even worse if we get a new stadium it will be like going to the theatre. Chelsea Football Club S.W.6. for 110 years lets keep it that way.

Can't see the West being rebuilt as it's already higher than it's meant to be I think!

Think it was the Matt Harding and shed being extended, the hotels and frankies/marcos being demolished

I'm assuming that all the stands are going to be completely rebuilt.

• 2 weeks later...

Well then you must be right about the RFU being interested. Have to say I'm shocked; they know there will be a huge backlash from many Rugby fans and local residents. Still this many meetings suggests not only that the two parties are interested, but that they believe there is a way to make this happen despite the expected objections.