Stamford Bridge Thread

i hope they stay at the bridge. look at fenway park or wrigley field here stateside. these stadiums are roughly 100yrs old, and the teams that occupy them are 2 of the biggest names in baseball, with some of the highest payrolls.

ya but FFP looming over I guess we have to find alternatives

Why wouldn't we expand the Bridge a bit rather then moving to a new stadium?

we can't get the planning permission to expand anymore...For us to be a long term big club that does not rely on Amramovich, we require a bigger stadium. However would we fill a 60,000+ stadium every home game??

we can't get the planning permission to expand anymore...For us to be a long term big club that does not rely on Amramovich, we require a bigger stadium. However would we fill a 60,000+ stadium every home game??

Well If I lived in London and had the money for matches, I'd go on every one of them :whistling:

I can't answer you on that question though. We could perhaps, but the atmosphere....only if they lowered prices I guess so the true fans go rather then plastic ones.

Well If I lived in London and had the money for matches, I'd go on every one of them :whistling:

I can't answer you on that question though. We could perhaps, but the atmosphere....only if they lowered prices I guess so the true fans go rather then plastic ones.

Thats the main problem with alot of London clubs these days. Ordinary people are priced out of games......

Why wouldn't we expand the Bridge a bit rather then moving to a new stadium?

That doesn't sound like a bad shout, but it just seems odd that we'd be playing league games while construction was taking place. There would be a lot less revenue for home games during the season because a majority of the stands wouldn't be able to be accessed.

If we had those sort of project, then it would have started during the summer, while no matches are going on.

I think we would always get 50000 to 55000 and more for the bigger games even an average of 55000 would be an increase of 25%

I think it would be a sad day if the Chels were to leave Stamford Bridge. Maybe I feel particularly strongly about this as I'm an old git, but some of the new stadiums are souless and will any new premises still be in the Borough of Chelsea? If not, can it still really be called Chelsea FC?

Presumably the current bridge cannot be expanded?

I know what you mean mate, it would be very sad if ever Chels had to leave the bridge but i think it will become a necessity with the rules coming in 2013 when we will need to generate our income in order to buy players. I dont believe we can expand on the bridge because of the surrounding area and i think the only viable option they could come up with was to build down into ground!

We would be able to expand if there was another exit from the ground. At the moment there are only 2 exits which both lead to Fulham Road. The club, particularly under Kenyon tried to gain planning permission to build a bridge into Brompton cemetery but because it is a Royal Park it was refused by the council. In addition, we have tried to gain permission to build a bridge/tunnel from behind the Matthew Harding Stand to West Brompton station but this was too costly and complicated.

If we were to expand the tour guide on the stadium tour said it would be through building a third tier on the Matthew Harding stand. If we did this we would have to demolish the houses behind the stadium because they would not get enough sunlight. It is very very difficult to expand Stamford Bridge.

We would be able to expand if there was another exit from the ground. At the moment there are only 2 exits which both lead to Fulham Road. The club, particularly under Kenyon tried to gain planning permission to build a bridge into Brompton cemetery but because it is a Royal Park it was refused by the council. In addition, we have tried to gain permission to build a bridge/tunnel from behind the Matthew Harding Stand to West Brompton station but this was too costly and complicated.

If we were to expand the tour guide on the stadium tour said it would be through building a third tier on the Matthew Harding stand. If we did this we would have to demolish the houses behind the stadium because they would not get enough sunlight. It is very very difficult to expand Stamford Bridge.

Wrong. The club has never contacted the council regarding planning permission. They made that very clear. This is because they haven't found a cost effective way to expand Stamford Bridge.

Wrong. The club has never contacted the council regarding planning permission. They made that very clear. This is because they haven't found a cost effective way to expand Stamford Bridge.

The bit about the walkway to the cemetery is true. They wanted to renovate it and Ken Bates offered to put money towards it if they built a bridge over the railway, but they said no.

The bit about the walkway to the cemetery is true. They wanted to renovate it and Ken Bates offered to put money towards it if they built a bridge over the railway, but they said no.

I guess you could say that plan hit a dead end.