Stamford Bridge Thread

Earls court is certainly still an option, especially after the dispute about affordable housing on the site where the stadium would be built.

Meanwhile, it's full steam ahead on Battersea power station to provide hundreds of completely unaffordable houses and a pointless shopping centre in a scheme that does nothing to benefit normal Londoners living in the vicinity. Good work, Boris.

I'm still holding out to the small hope of Battersea, our stadium would be up there with the likes of Bernabeu as the most iconic in the world.

They've already started building on it, there are cranes, foundations etc. all over the site

The study will also assess the feasibility of an expansion of the stadium within the existing historic site boundaries, potentially to enlarge its capacity, enhance its facilities and improve the movement of people and vehicles on match and non-matchdays.

:D

But didn't the previous studies show that it's not safely possibly to increase the capacity?

But didn't the previous studies show that it's not safely possibly to increase the capacity?

Engineering is always moving forward. But beyond that I think the end game is to try and buy out some of the local businesses (it won't be cheap) and redesign the infrastructure so there its easily accessible for the supporters. The big problem I see is the Railroad.

They've already started building on it, there are cranes, foundations etc. all over the site

There have been continuing doubts about Tan's ability to raise the funds he promised for the development of the area. (The costs involved with making the Power station fit for habitation are set to spiral)

And without those funds/promises being met, his planning permission can be withdrawn.

So while its probably out of our grasp, theres a small chance that it could still be available.

Always nice to hear official stuff from the club about stadium expansion/relocation but I don't see what's changed beyond the recent elections putting a Labour council in charge. If I were to be cynical then I would say this is the club making it very clear that they're exhausting all possibilities with regards expanding on the current plot so as to appease the CPO before submitting a new plan to move. Earls Court could face some issues with the new Labour council but even then there's absolutely no guarantee a stadium would fit with the redesigned plans whilst the Battersea redevelopment would really need to face some catastrophic funding issues for that to be a possibility again....although it's Battersea Power Station so that's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility based on it's history.

With a new council being elected there's always a sense of a fresh start so maybe there's some hope to be had there but my gut feeling is that this might just lead to some minor tinkering with regards egress areas. Looking at the land we actually have, a 60,000 seat stadium would probably require something radical happening and some time at another stadium (always thought Twickenham was a possibility).

Just got to hope for the best and some friendly, open, engaged minds on the council.

Hahahahaha wishful thinking. Friendly, open and engaged councillors?

Reading the statement and it's very heavy on the 'improving publicly-owned' areas bit which might appeal to a Labour council and the fact that they're looking to get locals on-board with anything right from the very start suggests this is probably a long-term thing.

Looking at it cynically though and it could just be a token gesture that they know will lead nowhere and once again reinforce the notion that we need to move elsewhere, but whatever happens a 60,000 seater stadium is some way off.