Stamford Bridge Thread

Do you actually attend games? Do you realise not a single structure on that site is original? Most of it is less than 15 years old.

Its stadium we played for long long time. Every

stadium faces renovations, even Bernabeu or Camp Nou, Anfield, Trafford...

What matters is the place and pitch that gave us so many great moments.

Its stadium we played for long long time. Every

stadium faces renovations, even Bernabeu or Camp Nou, Anfield, Trafford...

What matters is the place and pitch that gave us so many great moments.

But do you actually attend games? Often find overseas fans have more affection for the place than the ppl who attend.

Virtually every PL club in London is looking to move, along with Everton, Liverpool etcetra and most of the others have already moved (Newcastle, Sunderland, Wigan, Reading, Sputhampton blah blah). I love the Bridge, but it's holding us back a a club and it's capacity often restricts attendance for PL and CL games. Development would also make it easier for families to attend, costs a fortune at the moment. It's a no brainier of the club want to grow.

• 1 month later...
You don't build now you won't be building at all... at least not in the local area (no other sites).

Sites are always coming and going in the area, even those big enough for a 60k stadium. A few years back the site that is now Westfield Shopping Centre was available, that is now gone. A few years ago the Earls Court site was in use and was then bought by a housing development company, Battersea Power Station recently became an option that was not open to us 5 or so years ago. How do we not know that the Stewarts Lane Depot site won't become available soon for example?

• 2 weeks later...
Brazil v Russia March 25th.

Not sure how true it is but some Brazilian press have confirmed the game to be held at Stamford Bridge!

Perhaps RMPR or any of our Brazilian friends can enlighten us

But didn't the grumpy shits who live on Fulham road block the staging of international matches?

Brazil v Russia March 25th.

Not sure how true it is but some Brazilian press have confirmed the game to be held at Stamford Bridge!

Perhaps RMPR or any of our Brazilian friends can enlighten us

The game is confirmed and SB comes as a strong possibility, not confirmed yet.

I find it hard, we always play at Emirates, but I guess it is not available at that date. It would be the only reason for us not to play there...

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL RETURNS TO STAMFORD BRIDGE

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce we will be hosting on international fixture when Brazil meet Russia on Monday 25 March.

The friendly game will kick off at 7.30pm UK time and if selected, current Blues David Luiz , Ramires and Oscar, together with our former manager Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to take on a Russia side coached by former England manager Fabio Capello.

It will be the first international match at Stamford Bridge for over 60 years. Our stadium has previously hosted four England games.

Looking ahead to Brazil's appearance at the Bridge in March, Scolari said: 'The game against Russia will be very important in order to prepare Brazil's national team for the Confederations Cup in 2013 and the World Cup in 2014.Russia is a strong opponent and it is traditionally hard to play against them.

'Going to London is a great joy. It will be an opportunity to thank the Chelsea's fans for the affection and the great interaction I had with them. '

Capello said: "My number one goal as the coach of Russia is to qualify for the World Cup and then to do well in Brazil in 2014. There is no better test of how well the team is progressing Russia than to play the five times world cup winners, Brazil coached by such a respected coach as Felipe Scolari.

'With the match taking place at Stamford Bridge Which is close to the center of London, I hope there will be a big atmosphere with plenty of fans Russia, Brazil fans and other people who like to watch good football.'

Stamford Bridge will also be hosting the UEFA Women's Champions League final in May

The previous internationals were in the stadium in 1913 when England beat Scotland 1-0 (pictured below), in 1929 - a 6-0 win for England over Wales, in 1932 - England 4 Austria 3 and after the war, a match between England and Switzerland. Which in 1946, the home side won 4-1

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3042178/title/international-football-returns-to-stamford-bridge

Wow.

And I'll say this now just to make myself unpopular - good work by the board in securing not just a pretty awesome sounding match (which I'm hoping they'll give Chelsea supporters preferential treatment for tickets to) but also a new revenue stream.

Plus the Women's Champions League Final - wonder if Torres will be playing? :yay: