Stamford Bridge Thread

My two cents for what it's worth. Those against the proposed move, including the CPO need to appreciate the evolution of the football club. A lot of people are going on about the soul and history of stamford bridge - we are always quick to ridicule Liverpool fans for banging on about their history, and we are correct to because history is memories and they'll never go away but the real emotions are from the present and future.

Stamford Bridge will always hold great memories but the club must evolve. The concerns regarding a 'soul-less' stadium should also be dismissed. We could well be building a new stadium on the heartland of one of London's great hallmarks. Also the club's board get a lot of bad feeling from us fans, and sometimes justified, but they have listened to fans in regards to the proposed one tier south stand which will create a truly epic and intimidating backdrop to the stadium that the bridge cannot create. And finally, the soul and atmosphere comes from us fans anyway - that is one of the things that falls as our responsibility.

1222talkchelseaeiditon.png

It would be great if we could build the stadium in the middle, so the two sets of chimney stacks are on either side, but the proposal is to build outside the power station.

False.

The proposal is for the stadium to be built within the power station..

with the stadium effectively built within the familiar brickwork shell of the power station.

http://www.guardian....m?newsfeed=true

Hearing chelsea have put a bid on for battersea power station to become our new 60,000 seater stadium. They will be keeping the original 4 chimneys, turbine and control room. They also plan on building englands first one tier stand, that will hold a whopping 15,000 behind the south goal!

Imagine a stadium with the 4 chimneys on each corner.....wow...

battersea_1504320c.jpg

it can be done inside i think it would look quite cool with the towers on each corner.

Ive always said i think we need a bigger ground so im not against this, but i will be very sad to see the bridge go, and where the site is it would be evan closer to where i grew up to where i live now.

Imagine having four statues on top of each chimney looking down on the pitch from all sides. That would be fucking awesome / intimidating (bit like Lord Nelson's column, but bigger and with our legends):

Osgood, Zola, Terry and Lampard (best representation of History)

or

Osgood, Zola, Mourinho and Terry

or Drogs, Lamps, Terry and Mourinho (or Chech) (most succesful / new era)

or Drogs, Lamps, Terry, and RDM (as both legend player and manager man to lead us into new glory in our new stadium and who set the stage for modern Chelsea in 97)

Personally i want mourinho up there so he can look down at the fortress he created. Initially I was opposed to this idea, but now i fucking love it. Most iconic stadium ever.

It will be very difficult for all Chelsea fans to leave Stamford Bridge. This stadium is the reason why we're here today, speaking about Chelsea. It's the biggest part of our story and the only stadium we've played in, which is unusual now. It's will be very difficult. But the business of football obliged us to move, the Bridge is to small. Big emotion if we leave ...

However, the building in Battersea is very epic and uncommon. It can be great to have our stadium there.

Imagine having four statues on top of each chimney looking down on the pitch from all sides. That would be fucking awesome / intimidating (bit like Lord Nelson's column, but bigger and with our legends):

Osgood, Zola, Terry and Lampard (best representation of History)

or

Osgood, Zola, Mourinho and Terry

or Drogs, Lamps, Terry and Mourinho (or Chech) (most succesful / new era)

or Drogs, Lamps, Terry, and RDM (as both legend player and manager man to lead us into new glory in our new stadium and who set the stage for modern Chelsea in 97)

Personally i want mourinho up there so he can look down at the fortress he created. Initially I was opposed to this idea, but now i fucking love it. Most iconic stadium ever.

Great idea to put legend's statues at the top of chimney !

Lampard, Terry, Zola and Osgood would be amazing. For José, I don't think that Roman will agree because there are not on a friendly footing ...

That's a bit ridiculous, considering it would take up to 4 years to build the stadium. And Unless Jose' returns, he would most likely be visiting the ground as an opposing manager.

TBH, I think drogs deserves a place up there, but Osgood, Zola, Terry, Lampard is probs most logical. I know Terry has been amazing, but he also has a lot of baggage. Yeah, i agree we shouldn't put mourinho up there now that i think of it, probs on the ground. Just cause he isnt here anymore, doesnt mean we should deny the fact that he created modern Chelsea and made us feared.

Super rich Qatari in secret talks at Chelsea as Roman looks at Battersea move

Chelsea's players were stunned when Al Thani watched some of their training at Cobham ahead of the FA Cup Final against Liverpool. He arrived in an armoured car and was surrounded by several bodyguards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2139784/Chelsea-secret-talks-super-rich-Qatari-Khalid-Al-Thani.html