Stamford Bridge Thread

It will be a shame to leave tho but we've won the league there a few times now and have endless memories from the Barca 4-2 and Man Utd 5-0 and of course the Wigan 8-0. Just feel as though we've given the Bridge a lot of great things so we can leave it knowing that we served it well. SB as a stadium is lovely, it looks good, modern and the shape and design is perfect, it just doesn't hold enough people or intimidate teams so i'll be fine if we move on. Probably wont happen for like 5 years anyway at the least though so no worries yet.

No offense to everybody that's got a special attachment to SB, but its called progress. The bridge has been expanded and modified endless times since "the beginning" to the point that it bears no resemblance to its original incarnation. I've never been there so some people will disregard my post but its a no-brainer decision to take our club to the next level. The question is will the designers be smart enough to incorporate enough of the bridge's atmosphere and qualities for the diehards to consider it "home" for them? If they can do that then the club as a whole will be the better for it and that's the main point.

One more reason i won't new stadium.When Arsenal building there stadium the didn't give money to Arsen for new players.Now we need Abramovic money for good transfers.After we build a team we can think about building a new stadium.Hope Abramovic not to make mistake with his money.

The name is important though, because it exudes history and soul.

Yeah, but at the same time, if naming it something like the "Samsung Arena" will bring us more revenue than going for something original, then it's one thing we could live with.

Maybe if you went once in a while, you could help change that, eh?

I go to as many games as I can afford to. Unfortunately I'm not in the position where I'm minted, but my support of this club is unwavering.

It will just attract more plastic fans & tourists and the atmosphere will die forever. The real fans have been pushed out of the game due to the ridiculous prices of tickets.

Wouldn't prices drop if we had a bigger stadium?