Stamford Bridge Thread

30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We trying to make 60k stadium right? 

Do we have the option to expand that in the future? 

As I think 60k for now is good, but who knows if in 10 years we might want to push it more because of demand? 

I dont think its near enough TBH. I understand the problems we had and face (soddin St. Pauls  - why did they miss it?) We will only be on par with the red n London club and still 1k behind Spuds. We will easily fill the new seats.

But I hope 2 things more than owt

1. Ends safe standing. Not only would it boost atmosphere but you get more people in.

2. We get all our more vocal amongst us back all together hopefully in The Shed end.

It was a sod giving away 1/2 the shed to away fans. Nobody could agree where to go and ended up splitting up around the ground. This is the perfect time to change all that.

Ive not seen any seating diagrams yet so presume theyre looking at it

@Guddy ????   Expand to where ????

Down down down lol

19 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Arsenal may be sold out every game that doesn't mean fans are turning up hence the huge number of empty seats especially in cup matches. I notice Man City isn't on the list usually the Etihad is emptier than a hermit's address book:)

ManCity fans will still come up with false stats showing the Emptihad is sold out every week. 

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

ManCity fans will still come up with false stats showing the Emptihad is sold out every week. 

A guy on a french forum said that the places in front of the camera were sold out but to season ticket holders working on Saturday who couldn't attend. 

And that 98%-99% of the time it's full, the other 1-2% is when the cameras spot it. 

Brilliant :lol:

45 minutes ago, Adnane said:

A guy on a french forum said that the places in front of the camera were sold out but to season ticket holders working on Saturday who couldn't attend. 

And that 98%-99% of the time it's full, the other 1-2% is when the cameras spot it. 

Brilliant :lol:

First off all, assalamu alaykum my friend.

Yes hahaha. I know ManCity do have a fast majority of supporters back from the time they didn't have the money they have nowadays. Much like us to be honest. The rest is all tourist fans, but even then the Emptihad is never sold out.

Is seriously hope the new Stamford Bridge isn't going to become the Etihad 2.0 with empty seats/stands. 

On 23/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, Unionjack said:

Ive not seen any seating diagrams yet so presume theyre looking at it

It was announced more than a year ago that there will be a return to the shed.

Away fans will stay more or less where they are now but the intention is that they are moved higher.

The club were asked to investigate a single 'wall' like Dortmund's for The Shed, but said it was a non starter given the space restrictions.

They were also asked to investigate safe standing but say they have no plans to incorporate it at present. Personally I'm strongly against a return to standing. I think it'll raise the temperature and increase confrontational attitudes among those who are that way inclined. he game is so much better without that ugliness and I believe no chances must be taken which might turn the clock back to the bad old days.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It was announced more than a year ago that there will be a return to the shed.

Away fans will stay more or less where they are now but the intention is that they are moved higher.

The club were asked to investigate a single 'wall' like Dortmund's for The Shed, but said it was a non starter given the space restrictions.

They were also asked to investigate safe standing but say they have no plans to incorporate it at present. Personally I'm strongly against a return to standing. I think it'll raise the temperature and increase confrontational attitudes among those who are that way inclined. he game is so much better without that ugliness and I believe no chances must be taken which might turn the clock back to the bad old days.

Ive not read anything to do with seating arrangements, Must look harder.

But theres not a chance in hell  of any return to ugliness no matter how high the temperatures are of those which may be inclined no matter how much they may want to. Its the way the supporters are sectioned and kept apart that stops any banter or raised emotions from going hurther, Nothing whatsoever to do with whether you're standing or not.

I know that I find it very difficult to stay in my seat in MH as my enthusiasm takes over and I know its the same for everyone thats not got a laptop or taking selfies around me. Theyre up and down like yoyos  But tey dont want to run over to get as close as they can to the away supporters - theres no point with the segregation done so well.

It gets ridiculous to have some over zealous little nerd in a security jacket shouting at people to sit down or be reported to the club for persistent standing when its almost everyone in the section doing so.

Ive been to grounds where its safe standing and it works just fine.

So spurs is moving to wembley...

I hope we wont be on wembley or olympic stadium, I realy hope.

There is a big chance we will play on our temporary stadium for 3 seasons. I hope we make it a temporary HOME rather some pitch we will play games. We cant do that on wembley or olympic because it would be stupid to share with another rival. 

We will play difficult games, european games and its important that our team feels like home when we play them...

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Ive not read anything to do with seating arrangements, Must look harder.

But theres not a chance in hell  of any return to ugliness no matter how high the temperatures are of those which may be inclined no matter how much they may want to. Its the way the supporters are sectioned and kept apart that stops any banter or raised emotions from going hurther, Nothing whatsoever to do with whether you're standing or not.

I know that I find it very difficult to stay in my seat in MH as my enthusiasm takes over and I know its the same for everyone thats not got a laptop or taking selfies around me. Theyre up and down like yoyos  But tey dont want to run over to get as close as they can to the away supporters - theres no point with the segregation done so well.

It gets ridiculous to have some over zealous little nerd in a security jacket shouting at people to sit down or be reported to the club for persistent standing when its almost everyone in the section doing so.

Ive been to grounds where its safe standing and it works just fine.

I feel that if people allow themselves to get agitated they can make the environment ugly, unpleasant and draw the danger of violence closer to the surface. They can do that regardless of the best efforts of clubs, stadium managers and police. Think London stadium. When people watch football on their feet they do get more excited and excitable. I hope you are right that people will control themselves, and that control measures will take care of anyone that can't manage a bit of self-discipline. In the end I don't believe that you are right however. People react; our songs and actions get slightly closer to the mark, the oppo's lunatics then respond pushing it a bit further and up goes the heat. Like I said, think West Ham. I don't want to see that.

To my mind it ain't broke so I say let's not fix it. We remember the 70s & 80s. We remember that crowds were way down on the 60s, and way down on where they are now despite the prices being many multiple times higher than they were then. Fans were driven away in their tens of thousands by the violence and by the fact that football grounds were pretty horrible places to be. We only need see the behaviour of a noticeable proportion of England fans at tournaments to see that the trouble makers are still among us.

In my opinion, clubs would be foolish to give in to this pressure for standing. I accept however that more football fans agree with you than agree with me.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

There is a big chance we will play on our temporary stadium for 3 seasons. I hope we make it a temporary HOME rather some pitch we will play games. We cant do that on wembley or olympic because it would be stupid to share with another rival. 

We will play difficult games, european games and its important that our team feels like home when we play them...

Is there anywhere we can go which doesn't involve sharing with someone and moving in with a set of fans who think of us as rivals, even if we don't see them in the same light?

The only option I can think of is no option at all really. It involves delaying the redevelopment of The Bridge until we've completed a deal with AFC Wimbledon, Kingstonions & the Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames. A deal which would see us redevelop that stadium first, then move in there while the new SB takes shape. Leaving aside the difficulty of getting a deal done, that would entail playing in a ground with a tiny capacity and that is totally impractical. Even Craven Cottage has a capacity of less than 26,000 and and I don't know if it would meet uefa standards for Champions League football.

If there's an alternative to the usual suspects among London's stadia, I can't think of it.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

For how long spurs will be on Wembley? Having in mind that both teams are playing in Europe, Wembley will be used quite a lot.
I also don't want to make Wembley a temporary home, but I think there are no other options available for us, unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

For how long spurs will be on Wembley? Having in mind that both teams are playing in Europe, Wembley will be used quite a lot.
I also don't want to make Wembley a temporary home, but I think there are no other options available for us, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Is there anywhere we can go which doesn't involve sharing with someone and moving in with a set of fans who think of us as rivals, even if we don't see them in the same light?

The only option I can think of is no option at all really. It involves delaying the redevelopment of The Bridge until we've completed a deal with AFC Wimbledon, Kingstonions & the Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames. A deal which would see us redevelop that stadium first, then move in there while the new SB takes shape. Leaving aside the difficulty of getting a deal done, that would entail playing in a ground with a tiny capacity and that is totally impractical. Even Craven Cottage has a capacity of less than 26,000 and and I don't know if it would meet uefa standards for Champions League football.

If there's an alternative to the usual suspects among London's stadia, I can't think of it.

Yeah, there are not many options. Spurs will be there for 1 season I think.

Probably it would be best if we could play on Twickenham, but I read the rugby org wont allow us...

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I feel that if people allow themselves to get agitated they can make the environment ugly, unpleasant and draw the danger of violence closer to the surface. They can do that regardless of the best efforts of clubs, stadium managers and police. Think London stadium. When people watch football on their feet they do get more excited and excitable. I hope you are right that people will control themselves, and that control measures will take care of anyone that can't manage a bit of self-discipline. In the end I don't believe that you are right however. People react; our songs and actions get slightly closer to the mark, the oppo's lunatics then respond pushing it a bit further and up goes the heat. Like I said, think West Ham. I don't want to see that.

To my mind it ain't broke so I say let's not fix it. We remember the 70s & 80s. We remember that crowds were way down on the 60s, and way down on where they are now despite the prices being many multiple times higher than they were then. Fans were driven away in their tens of thousands by the violence and by the fact that football grounds were pretty horrible places to be. We only need see the behaviour of a noticeable proportion of England fans at tournaments to see that the trouble makers are still among us.

In my opinion, clubs would be foolish to give in to this pressure for standing. I accept however that more football fans agree with you than agree with me.

I know I'm wrong but wheres your passion? You sound like you would have the population live in Huxleys world under the influence of Soma and emotions being banned. Would you have us not sing songs or shout encouragement or try to put the other team off.

Where I dont abdicate going back before Maggies kneejerk reaction by fencing in and treating us all like animals I do think its gone way to far and PC is taking over the world.

It may sound basic to some but theres nothing better on matchday than having a beer with your mates, singing at the top of your voice and shouting abuse at the other team when necessary. All good clean fun. Half the point of going to watch live football is enjoying the atmosphere. Without it we may as just watch it on the telly.

But whether youre standing up or sitting down it wouldn'y make it any different to the emotions you feel.

Theres areas of the ground set aside for families and people with more delicate tastes can sit there in peace.

Honest question: i've heard many posters here on TC many moons ago state they didn't think Chelsea could sell out a 60K Stadium.. 

How about now? Will Stamford Bridge become like the Empty-Had once we switch? Genuine question here. 

Thanks

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah, there are not many options. Spurs will be there for 1 season I think.

Probably it would be best if we could play on Twickenham, but I read the rugby org wont allow us...

In terms of their personal preference, members of the RFU (Rugby Football Union) would not want to see soccer played at Twickenham. That said, it is possible that they might be persuaded by the huge amount of money which would be generated by renting out their relatively underused stadium. Like the FA, they are a not-for-profit organisation, with responsibility for the whole of the 15-a-side code. The ability to distribute additional revenues to all levels of their game would be a huge incentive for them. The real opposition would come from local residents and from "rugby people" everywhere.

For reasons which, in my opinion, boil down to little more than snobbery, the idea of soccer at the home of Rugby is anathema to fans of the oval ball game. A not insignificant consideration is the fact that rugby fans, or at any rate people raised with the traditions of rugby, are massively over represented among UK powerbrokers. Many ministers of State, high-level civil servants, and wealthy property owners attended extremely expensive 'public' schools. Such schools prioritise rugby over soccer, identify with the rugby ethos and disparage what they see as soccer's poor approach on many issues. It is largely in rugby playing schools, fee paying or otherwise, where anti-soccer attitudes are passed from generation to generation.

Amid much opposition from all directions, the chance of a move to Twickenham is virtually zero.

With Spuds now allowed 20 more games a year to be played and full attendance with no 60k restrictions Ground supposedly to finished at start of 2018/19 season but we know how building projects can change.

Its a bit strange that this being a quite important titem we need tosort wasn't done and dusted before now.

IF Spuds do manage to finish theirs on time I'd be happy with Wembley as it did feel for a few years like a home game when we were there.

Other options are tough tho. I read an option was to play every game away!!

So good luck to whoevers job it is to sort it.

50 minutes ago, Neilando said:

Hi. 

I have made s new video of our new stadium. I even recorded some music for it this time too. I wonder if you'll recognise it? 

https://youtu.be/-FHKftDWKV8

The Liquidator, good vid and music son.