Stamford Bridge Thread

Looks like a lot of stairs ! Its bad enough waliking to the top of the west upper as it is :D

It shows the board cant be trusted either as they said theyd exhausted all the options before the CPO stepped in

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

One question about SB - will they demolish it COMPLETELY and build a brand new one, or expand it by 20k seats, like Liverpool do with their Main Stand?

I'm sure I saw the same question not long ago.

The stadium will be razed to the ground and rebuilt from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2016 at 10:10 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Looks like a lot of stairs ! Its bad enough waliking to the top of the west upper as it is :D

I haven't been there but stands near the pitch at the Emirates seem to me too flat and to create atmosphere it is better when the stands are more steep like in Allianz Arena. So I am hoping to see a lot of stairs.

• 3 weeks later...

Football stadiums that were never built: Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona and other mothballed designs

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-stadiums-were-never-built-7932065

The world of football stadia would be a far more picturesque set-up had these designs from shiny waterfront arenas to weird volcanic exteriors been realised

Chelsea

In 2012, Chelsea made an ambitious bid to buy Battersea Power Station and turn it into a new 60,000-seat arena to replace Stamford Bridge.

The plans were certainly very striking, but the Blues did not win the bid , meaning the plans were (power) cut.

Instead, a stylish redevelopment of Stamford Bridge which will take capacity up to 60,000 is planned.

Chelsea Football Club of the Proposed South Stand at battersea Power Station

Chelsea FC release artist impression images of their proposed Battersea stadium

A mock up of how Battersea power station would converted as Chelsea FC's new stadium

On 21/04/2016 at 6:35 AM, 11Drogba said:

I haven't been there but stands near the pitch at the Emirates seem to me too flat and to create atmosphere it is better when the stands are more steep like in Allianz Arena. So I am hoping to see a lot of stairs.

On the other hand the view at the Emirates is fantastic even from seats in the corners near pitch level.

I don't know if the rake of the seats affects the atmosphere but you could be on to something when you say that it might.

Breaking: Chelsea could groundshare with London rivals West Ham at the Olympic Stadium while their new stadium is built. (BBC) #CFC #WHUFC

Chelsea are also understood to be considering a switch to Twickenham. (BBC) #CFC

Breaking: Tottenham are close to a deal with the FA to play their 2017-18 home games at Wembley while their new stadium is completed. (BBC)

Chelsea 'want to' relocate to Wembley for three years and a £20m-a-year deal has reportedly been agreed. (BBC) #CFC

Chelsea could groundshare with London rivals West Ham at the Olympic Stadium while their new stadium is built.

The Blues want to relocate to Wembley for three years and a £20m-a-year deal has reportedly been agreed.

But they have also held talks with the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) about a temporary move to the Olympic Stadium, which will become West Ham's home from next season.

Chelsea are also understood to be considering a switch to Twickenham.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36266068

9 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Whoever signed that contract between West Ham and the Olympic Stadium should be investigated asap and jailed for a long time. 2.5m per year rent for a 500m stadium is an absolute insult to all Londoners. 

The 60,000 capacity stadium will eventually have cost £701m following an extensive £272m conversion to make it suitable for football. The contract also confirms that West Ham will pay £15m towards the conversion cost.

The LLDC had fought hard to keep the contract a secret in the face of a determined Freedom of Information campaign backed by a coalition of 14 Supporters Trusts and a petition signed by almost 30,000 people. But earlier this week a tribunal ruled that it must publish.

The contract reveals that the LLDC will keep the first £4m of any naming rights deal for the stadium over a 20-year period and that anything over that will be split 50-50.

The LLDC will also keep the first £500,000 of any profit on catering, with anything over that amount being split 70/30.

It also confirms that the LLDC will meet all the running costs for the stadium, providing everything from stewards to corner flags, and that West Ham must pay an additional £100,000 for each match they play over an agreed total of 25 per season.

West Ham must also pay up to £100,000 per season extra if they finish in the top half of the Premier League and various bonuses if they win domestic cups or qualify for Europe, up to £1m in the unlikely event they win the Champions League

On 11/05/2016 at 7:13 PM, xPetrCechx said:

Any News?

Not really. Should be a couple of months until we hear the council's decision and it is likely lots of local people will be opposed to it.

This article is written by a spurs fan but gives an excellent analysis of what problems could be delaying the building of the stadium

https://thespursreport.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/deep-dive-chelseas-stamford-bridge-redevelopment-trying-to-keep-the-train-on-the-tracks/

5 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

It also confirms that the LLDC will meet all the running costs for the stadium, providing everything from stewards to corner flags, and that

Absolute joke.

This groundshare thing better be a sick joke, I'd hate sharing Wembley with Tottenham but at least Wembley is neutral. Olympic Stadium will be West Ham's HOME ground.