Stamford Bridge Thread

you would think they would take the money seeing as they are having trouble selling tickets for the world cup

There's was a lot of interest and it certainly looked possible at a point, but it's the principle that a football match has never been played there. You know what those rugby types are like.

There's was a lot of interest and it certainly looked possible at a point, but it's the principle that a football match has never been played there. You know what those rugby types are like.

What would be more upsetting to them I wonder. League or football ebing played there?

"West Ham has only contributed £15m towards the £272m conversion costs of the Olympic Stadium, with the taxpayer footing the rest of the bill."

Would the tax payer prefer if the stadium they've already paid for was basically left to rot instead?

At least now it has life beyond the Olympics and the area might further benefit from the increased traffic.

Only reason I'm in favour of Wembley is because it's so much closer to my house. Otherwise I hate it, Wembley sucks lmao.

They've improved the tubes a lot so, nowadays, I find I can get there just as quickly as I can get to the Bridge. In fact when I went to the Women's final, with 'only' about 31,000 in attendance, I got there much quicker door-to-door. If that's an indication of how it might be with 50,000 or so then travelling won't be an issue for me.

They've improved the tubes a lot so, nowadays, I find I can get there just as quickly as I can get to the Bridge. In fact when I went to the Women's final, with 'only' about 31,000 in attendance, I got there much quicker door-to-door. If that's an indication of how it might be with 50,000 or so then travelling won't be an issue for me.

I dont mind Wembley at all cause the manager of my local said we could take the coach we use for away games instead of mucking about with trains. So extra drinking time!

The FA have been sounded out and have agreed in principle to the move, while Chelsea are also happy with the 50,000-capacity limit for games at Wembley imposed by Brent Council.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-close-wembley-deal-3-6299699

Saw this on WAGHN:

The shits from Spurs they asked polite

If we use Wembley, is that alright?

But they got trolled by Abramovich

And now it is, the backup Bridge

We hate Tottenham…..

BESTPIX-Chelsea-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Capi

Got this email from Chelsea this morning. More consultation stuff before submitting for planning I presume

THE STORY OF STAMFORD BRIDGE GROUNDS CONTINUES
You are warmly invited to a neighbourhood exhibition.

Your consultation process commenced with local groups in May 2014. This is the opportunity to share with neighbours and spectators, your feedback results from the early summer neighbourhood consultation.

WHEN
Tuesday 1 September, 12noon – 8pm
Wednesday 2 September, 12noon – 8pm
Thursday 3 September, 12noon – 8pm

WHERE
West Stand Door 6
Stamford Bridge Stadium
Stamford Bridge Grounds
London S.W.

Thank you for your participation and continued support.

CFC