Stamford Bridge Thread

Looks as if we submitted our scoping report to Hammersmith and Fulham Council a few days ago. Interesting to see that there will be an increase of only 715 season tickets in the new stadium and only 4000 extra non hospitality tickets on sale to the public every game. We will also be introducing Club Area seating (presumably like at Wembley and The Emirates) and tickets made available to juniors will double.

Construction would also start at the end of this season with the building over the railway tracks behind the East and Matthew Harding stands and we would then move out the following year (2016/17 being our last season) and move back in for 2020/21

If you want to look at it search lbhf's planning section with the postcode SW6 1HS. Just to warn you, it is very long and 98% of it is very boring

the black and white ones were the original plans in the 1970s where only the East stand got built. The last 2 were 1990s plans proposed by Ken Bates if I remember rightly

Yes the oiriginal plans where only the East Stand was made that fucked us up till the 90s really.

Looks as if we submitted our scoping report to Hammersmith and Fulham Council a few days ago. Interesting to see that there will be an increase of only 715 season tickets in the new stadium and only 4000 extra non hospitality tickets on sale to the public every game. We will also be introducing Club Area seating (presumably like at Wembley and The Emirates) and tickets made available to juniors will double.

Construction would also start at the end of this season with the building over the railway tracks behind the East and Matthew Harding stands and we would then move out the following year (2016/17 being our last season) and move back in for 2020/21

If you want to look at it search lbhf's planning section with the postcode SW6 1HS. Just to warn you, it is very long and 98% of it is very boring

So basically this does next to nothing for the immense problems finding tickets.

Regarding construction, I'm surprised TfL are allowing this, or is it not at their discretion?

Unionjack, on 09 Aug 2015 - 02:53 AM, said: Dont get me started about the change in our supporters bud. Who knows it may be the same across the league (but from what Ive seen on other teams forums its not as bad as ours - and I couldn't give a toss about anyone elses team anyway). But for whatever social and economic reasons our supporters have changed even from the time I started following us. It may just be the biggest thing that pisses me off. Comes with winning things bro, i guess. MH seems to be the better stand these days. I know we didnt win but for fuck's sake sort it out, what's the pointin going if you're just gonna sit there with ya thumb up your arse, might as well watch it on sky instead...

I brought this from another thread as it seemed a better place to carry it on.

Theres a few different reasons IMHO why the types of supporter has changed and how its affected us.

When I started watching us there was a mixture. Alot of shirt types, some families, 1 day tourists, a few hospitality types but the majority of us were just normal people who loved the club, liked a pint and shouting on the lads and giving abuse to the other teams supporters.

Since our rise to stardom its changed alot. Money has made a big difference. I look around the MH Upper and its changed. I dont see the passion there was. Theres people that dont even stand up at the 'exciting times'. They dont join in singing any songs, they dont show any signs of disapproval or even look like theyre enjoying themselves. At times when we have a bit of noise going on they actually look disgusted.

I know that we are all different and support us in different ways and IF they ARE Chelsea supporters thats fine but I know from a bank I used to work for they bought alot of season tickets and they would give tickets out to employees for gratitude and to clients and customers for different reasons. These people saw Chelsea as a kind of fashion accessory and would stand around the coffee machine or in the bar telling of how they support us and how they rubbed shoulders with nutters.

I hate the fact that we have become just a stop on a tourists map and it tares me up seeing the stalls selling daft half n half scarves.

Remember back in 2004 when they took 1/2 the shed from us to give to away lot. There was meetings down the So Bar trying to decide what to do. Nobody could agree so it meant all our main noisey lot ended up dispersing around the Bridge. Some stayed, some went to MH, some went East. So this is a big reason why we dont have the most vocal support AT HOME.

When we go away of course all us noisey buggas are all together once again.

What I would love to see happen when we get the new Bridge sorted (apart from safe standing) is for a big sort out. Let everyone that wants a laugh and a sing song get back together. (Would be great to get us all back in the Shed End.) It would be a big help support wise I think.

I brought this from another thread as it seemed a better place to carry it on.

Theres a few different reasons IMHO why the types of supporter has changed and how its affected us.

When I started watching us there was a mixture. Alot of shirt types, some families, 1 day tourists, a few hospitality types but the majority of us were just normal people who loved the club, liked a pint and shouting on the lads and giving abuse to the other teams supporters.

Since our rise to stardom its changed alot. Money has made a big difference. I look around the MH Upper and its changed. I dont see the passion there was. Theres people that dont even stand up at the 'exciting times'. They dont join in singing any songs, they dont show any signs of disapproval or even look like theyre enjoying themselves. At times when we have a bit of noise going on they actually look disgusted.

I know that we are all different and support us in different ways and IF they ARE Chelsea supporters thats fine but I know from a bank I used to work for they bought alot of season tickets and they would give tickets out to employees for gratitude and to clients and customers for different reasons. These people saw Chelsea as a kind of fashion accessory and would stand around the coffee machine or in the bar telling of how they support us and how they rubbed shoulders with nutters.

I hate the fact that we have become just a stop on a tourists map and it tares me up seeing the stalls selling daft half n half scarves.

Remember back in 2004 when they took 1/2 the shed from us to give to away lot. There was meetings down the So Bar trying to decide what to do. Nobody could agree so it meant all our main noisey lot ended up dispersing around the Bridge. Some stayed, some went to MH, some went East. So this is a big reason why we dont have the most vocal support AT HOME.

When we go away of course all us noisey buggas are all together once again.

What I would love to see happen when we get the new Bridge sorted (apart from safe standing) is for a big sort out. Let everyone that wants a laugh and a sing song get back together. (Would be great to get us all back in the Shed End.) It would be a big help support wise I think.

I totally agree. It was the same situation where I was sitting, towards the front-middle of Shed lower - 3 of us in my row and 1 geezer round the back were all trying our best but the bastards didn't even stand up for zigger zagger. It's just a wind up, really. The stewards didn't say anything either, by the way - they were just too lazy. Considering going to MHL/H in future. What's the state of it?

Maybe the Wembley move is high time we sort it out - ie loud fans in West or w/e. To be carried over to the new stadium after. Trouble is Wembs stewards are so anal about standing...

But IMO:

The club should seriously consider moving the away fans back to the East stand. I think the dugouts are to be moved to the West so therefore Jose's original reasoning for moving the away fans is moot.

Either the reunited Shed or MH should be designated as singing sections (the entirety of it), safe standing or not. Season tickets in those zones increased in circulation. Maybe a 70/30 ratio of ST to members. Discounts implemented to make football more affordable, all the posh buggers can go in the west stand/east stand. IDK, maybe a club-fan meeting could be organised. Junior/student tickets for Shed/MH issued. Full price is a joke for people my age, on top of train fares and all that, and I'm not going to sit in the family centre even if the ticket was free.

Rail seating would be a big step in the right direction, I expect there to be an exemption by the time SB II is here. I think our board has already stated support for it.

With you all the way bud.

Theres nowt like having a good sing song and shouting abuse at the ref and any north Londoner within ear shot. I know we are in the position where we are going to attract tourists but lets put them in the appropriate areas. Put them with the families unless they want to join in and give their full support to the lads. If we could get the same atmosphere going that we gehave at away games the Bridge would be bouncing.

Maybe someone with club connections can sort something out. Affordability is also an issue that needs addressing - £50 or 60 for a ticket is steep for a yoooooooooooooof like me.

Agree with the tourists bit, though.