The English Football Thread

Steve

The thing is, as good as City are now they'll go out and spend another £100m this summer and get even stronger. They have zero regard for FFP and will probably buy Mangala, a new midfielder, and throw a shit load of money at Shaw.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

The thing is, as good as City are now they'll go out and spend another £100m this summer and get even stronger. They have zero regard for FFP and will probably buy Mangala, a new midfielder, and throw a shit load of money at Shaw.

Let's not forget we famously beat them to Hazard by offering higher wages.

Let's not forget we famously beat them to Hazard by offering higher wages.

Whether I like it or not, at least we're attempting to fall in line with these new rules. Don't understand how they can just spend like they do when they already have by far the highest wage bill in the league.

???

We had loads of them.02

We got rid of some, and muffled a lot of their creativity for a counter attacking and more defensive team.....

But we didn't expect that the rest we have now to be this poor technically, we will get into the 18box and give the wrong/stupid pass almost all the time. Or miss from 5 yards more than score. See how silva passed to nasri, (even though it was an offside) I'm 100% certain the rest of our AMs will sky the ball over the bar instead of laying it on a plate to nasri.

Also see dzeko's goal, perfect cross from the best crosser in the league to his head. Pure technique even from their full backs compared to ours the gap is like heaven and earth. Sometimes we play like we don't have even basic technique, maybe its consistency but damn compared to top teams, I'm beginning to see how well we've done with the poor technical players we have.

Even watching 8th place southampton, lambert has an equal if not better better technique than all our midfielders except hazard, that makes it easy to dominate possession and look attractive on the ball. Maybe we are overatted but its frightening how too many of our EPL title challenging players are uncomfortable on the ball.

The media seem to have forgotten bout city.all about Liverpool,how amazing they are n how.it's theirs to loose...hmmm not so much the case

Liverpoo are so overrated. 1 decent player and a squad full of potato spuds. City & us will both walk into anfield, beat 'em 4-5 nil and all the scouse-loving media folk will be shown up for the idiots that they truly are

But we didn't expect that the rest we have now to be this poor technically,

What do you mean? I remember when we was with RDM these poor technically players that are right now, to be really good. Even with Benitez.

we will get into the 18box and give the wrong/stupid pass almost all the time. Or miss from 5 yards more than score. See how silva passed to nasri, (even though it was an offside) I'm 100% certain the rest of our AMs will sky the ball over the bar instead of laying it on a plate to nasri.

Has to do with the philosphy of the coach. I saw similar actions under RDM.

Has been woefull with Mourinho.

Also see dzeko's goal, perfect cross from the best crosser in the league to his head. Pure technique even from their full backs compared to ours the gap is like heaven and earth. Sometimes we play like we don't have even basic technique, maybe its consistency but damn compared to top teams, I'm beginning to see how well we've done with the poor technical players we have.

Even watching 8th place southampton, lambert has an equal if not better better technique than all our midfielders except hazard, that makes it easy to dominate possession and look attractive on the ball. Maybe we are overatted but its frightening how too many of our EPL title challenging players are uncomfortable on the ball.

Southampton players are like that because of the philosophy that their current manager implements in the team.

This season Mourinho team has not been of attack minded approach but very defensive and counter attacking.

When you muffled the creativity of our AM like Mata, to be more defensived minded, this is the result.

Best examples are against smaller teams, we are shit because our current manager has a set up that excel against team that attack us. When we have possession of the ball we are woeful, because Mourinho has not work well in the aspect of this like say a Pelle or Pochetinno.

We have top players and we have paid top money for them. 30 million for Willian?

I will repeat this 1000 times, Mourinho is not an offensive coach. Can't expect us to play like City with Mourinho ever.