The English Football Thread

Steve

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18211937

West Brom have had talks with Claudio Ranieri and Ray Wilkins about succeeding Roy Hodgson as manager.

Former Chelsea boss Ranieri has met with Albion chairman Jeremy Peace and the club's sporting and technical director Dan Ashworth.

The Baggies have also been in contact with Wilkins, who has had two spells as caretaker manager at Chelsea.

Birmingham boss Chris Hughton has been linked with the vacancy, which arose after Hodgson took charge of England.

Ranieri, 60, was in charge at Stamford Bridge between September 2000 and May 2004.

The Italian has since managed Valencia, Parma, Juventus, Roma and Inter Milan.

He is an attractive possibility for West Brom as he is currently a free agent.

Interesting...

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Manchester City lost £197m last season, the biggest single-year loss by a football club in history.

It won't matter though, thanks to Etihad.

Is there an accurate & up-to-date City wage list available? The ones I've seen don't include the likes of Aguero etc. I'm also curious to know what their "fringe" players are on

Is there an accurate & up-to-date City wage list available? The ones I've seen don't include the likes of Aguero etc. I'm also curious to know what their "fringe" players are on

I'm sure you'll be able to find rough estimates online, Aguero's on 200,000+ pw.

Does that not include the sponser deal?

No, although regardless of that, I mentioned the deal loosely, due to the fact they can/will get away with it.

I'm sure you'll be able to find rough estimates online, Aguero's on 200,000+ pw.

No, although regardless of that, I mentioned the deal loosely, due to the fact they can/will get away with it.

Tevez is meant to be 300,000 pw with bonuses.

Yeah but surely at some point FIFA will step in if they just donate £X to get them to break even.

Think most of you here already know about the @RAWK_Meltdown account Twitter, now there are @ChelseaMeltdown and @SpursMeltdown too. More fun on Twitter.

Chelsea - http://twitter.com/#!/ChelseaMeltdown

there are idiots among us in numbers, but far less than in liverpool

Im convinced those meltdown pages are some guy making quotes up.

Does the same person own all those 3 accounts and scour through Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool forum's to find quotes like those?

I doubt it he has probably made them all up to make us, the Spuddies and Scousers look bad and tbf he isn't doing a bad job at it.

First line and I'm already laughing :D "When I go to sleep I think of the cock. When I wake up I think of the cock."

FUCKING LOL

"Louis Saha scored 1 goal in 31 games for Everton. He scored 2 in 2 for us. We are the best in the world at reviving people's career's."

"Kalou would be a good Bale replacement, the thing is can he cross like Lennon."

Im convinced those meltdown pages are some guy making quotes up.

Does the same person own all those 3 accounts and scour through Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool forum's to find quotes like those?

I doubt it he has probably made them all up to make us, the Spuddies and Scousers look bad and tbf he isn't doing a bad job at it.

Indeed.

No evidence, no source...

Definitely looks made up. Like this one: "Lucas Piazon is the next Kaka. Again, producing talent through our great youth set up"

Yeah, like any Chelsea fan would say that lol.

Or this on SpursMeltdown: "I think Xavi is the only Barca player that wouldn't come to Tottenham. He's a one-team man. The rest would relish the opportunity imo."

:lol:

One more thing to suggest that those quotes are all from the same person is that every single one of them is written in the exact same style. It's well known that it's rare to find somebody with identical writing style, let alone a whole bunch of them from several sources. They are also all grammatically above the average standard, which you wouldn't expect from idiots they are claimed to be copied from. Although I do think some of the RAWK ones are genuine, but with growing popularity and higher demand he decided to milk it.