The English Football Thread

Steve

Well, for some current Chelsea standing might be an easy task to overcome. For me, I would say, it is not going to be that easy.

Manure´s offense, even late scoring coming from behind is an indication of their scoring firepower, I feel.

Manure are scoring around 3 goals a game. That alone is telling me, they just score whenever it´s needed.

Even though, they already lost 3 games, I do not see then loosing more than 3-4 games for the rest of the season.

Personally, I would be very surprised to see Manure dropping 4-5 more games.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Well, for some current Chelsea standing might be an easy task to overcome. For me, I would say, it is not going to be that easy.

Manure´s offense, even late scoring coming from behind is an indication of their scoring firepower, I feel.

Manure are scoring around 3 goals a game. That alone is telling me, they just score whenever it´s needed.

Even though, they already lost 3 games, I do not see then loosing more than 3-4 games for the rest of the season.

No-one thinks it will be easy. But no-one thought United would throw away the league last season.

They're weak in key areas, especially defensively. Teams seem to be able to score on them quite freely and I don't think the tactic of scoring one more than the opposition is a good way to go about winning leagues.

And they are only 4 points above the drop zone. The way they have been playing as of late, it's safe to say they will be closer sooner than later. <_<

I think they'll be fine.

It's too early to judge anything. Man utd offense is the only thing that's keeping them at the top of the table. They have no midfield. Their defense in not that great, they don't have a world class goalkeeper. Lets not forget the business end of the season is yet to start. A draw and a loss for Utd and the lead will be cut down to just 2 points with Utd playing in the CL as well. You just don't know what can happen between now and the end of the season.

Remember carlo's second season. We were 15 points behind Utd and that too in February. By the time we had to go Old trafford, we were just 3 points behind. So i wont lose hope so early, yes it will be difficult but 8 points with 18 more games to go. ANy thing can happen.

True, but back then we had a set of players with great experience in the PL; players like Drogba, Anelka, Lampard...etc Players who knew how to win the the PL. Can't expect the same out of the youngsters we have to pull something similar.

True, but back then we had a set of players with great experience in the PL; players like Drogba, Anelka, Lampard...etc Players who knew how to win the the PL. Can't expect the same out of the youngsters we have to pull something similar.

Yep, pretty valid point but you just can't dismiss that the youngsters won't be able to pull something similar. As everyone knows, they are all very talented bunch, have that raw energy of a youngster who wants to prove the world that they are the best and have that hunger to win the league after getting knocked out of the CL group stages. Experience will come from Lampard/Terry/Cech. Yes, they might be naive but i somehow feel that they have it in them to do whats required.

No-one thinks it will be easy. But no-one thought United would throw away the league last season.

They're weak in key areas, especially defensively. Teams seem to be able to score on them quite freely and I don't think the tactic of scoring one more than the opposition is a good way to go about winning leagues.

I think they'll be fine.

Perhaps, Manure are weak defensively but they make up for it by scoring almost 3 goals a game.

As you might know, whoever won PL before usually drop 5-6 games throughout the season.

As for comparison to last season, Manure are stronger offensively this season, I feel.

May Chelsea make up the difference but...the team must start winning games from now on.

I must've watched part of every game today, there were some mad games. I put Man Utd on first, OG, turned to Villa Wigan, knew Villa were shit and had no chance so turned to Fulham - Swansea for the rest of the first half. I then saw Stoke 1-3 Southampton so watched that for the 2nd half. Del Prado missed the sitter of all sitters to put Saints 4-1 up but what a stunning strike from Cameron Jerome at the end, amazing hit. I also watched a bit of Norwich - City when it went to 4-3, mad day. Shame about the results but thet were expected really but the plus side is that both Mancs were far from convincing despite winning. Just hope Arsenal don't win and hope we avoid defeat tomorrow in what is a huge game.

Yep, pretty valid point but you just can't dismiss that the youngsters won't be able to pull something similar. As everyone knows, they are all very talented bunch, have that raw energy of a youngster who wants to prove the world that they are the best and have that hunger to win the league after getting knocked out of the CL group stages. Experience will come from Lampard/Terry/Cech. Yes, they might be naive but i somehow feel that they have it in them to do whats required.

Maybe, but unlikely imo. If I wanted to play catch up with United, I'd rather have the likes of Drogba, Ballack, Anelka..etc

Maybe, but unlikely imo. If I wanted to play catch up with United, I'd rather have the likes of Drogba, Ballack, Anelka..etc

Who wouldn't want to have those players playing for us just like the old times but that train has passed. You just need to put your faith in the youngsters now.