The English Football Thread

Steve

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I agree. 120 Mio. on Sancho would be a waste of money when you have someone like Greenwood. 

Greenwood is another Rashford

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Greenwood finishing is better than Rashford, he can finish with both feet 

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

When you look at Rashford and Greenwood, do we have to consider that maybe our attacking players who came through our youth system may have been a little overrated. 

saw it coming when they got that freekick. all 4 in free scoring form.

If we get havaertz (which we won't) we should try something similar

---------------Werner-------------

Puli-----------Ziyech----Havertz

Insane firepower and creativity.

We should ditch that 4-3-3 given our midfield is not as good as we thought . just mediocrity in depth.

You really think Werner can play CF? I have seen him play as a CF in German national team and he was bad. That is why often times Gnabry played CF and Werner as a LW.

I would prefer Havertz as a CF.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I think Rashford dribbling is underrated. His dribbling success is better than Mane's at least this season

He is great at dribbling with pace and switching directions. Greenwood looks more to rely in close ball control and skill when dribbling to make up for his lack of pace (he is very quick but not as rapid as rashford). Anyway i would kill for any of utds front 4. It looks like ole is now reaping the rewards of solidifying defence first to allow his attackers the necessary freedom

Just now, DDA said:

When you look at Rashford and Greenwood, do we have to consider that maybe our attacking players who came through our youth system may have been a little overrated. 

The biggest difference between those two and Tammy is that they're both fantastic footballers, not just great goal scorers. Tammy doesn't offer much of anything if he isn't scoring. 

Jury is still very much out on what CHO will become.

Depends. Boga was the real deal but Chelsea did not rate him. CHO was not on Boga's level, but he is not a bad player. Just bad luck with his injury.

The next best attacker we have now is Broja and he is very, very good. Better than Tammy technically and very decent at scoring goals

Just now, Pizy said:

The biggest difference between those two and Tammy is that they're both fantastic footballers, not just great goal scorers. Tammy doesn't offer much of anything if he isn't scoring. 

Exactly.

Greenwood has been nurtured into that United team perfectly thus far. 

I know Odoi's injury has really been unfortunate but even before, he wasn't impacting games like Rashford does for United.

Just now, DDA said:

Exactly.

Greenwood has been nurtured into that United team perfectly thus far. 

I know Odoi's injury has really been unfortunate but even before, he wasn't impacting games like Rashford does for United.

Rashford is 23 with 4 years of first team experience. He is not a youth player. Messi was playing at all time level when he was 23

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Depends. Boga was the real deal but Chelsea did not rate him. CHO was not on Boga's level, but he is not a bad player. Just bad luck with his injury.

The next best attacker we have now is Broja and he is very, very good. Better than Tammy technically and very decent at scoring goals

Personally haven't seen much of this Borja. So i can't judge but when we let Boga go, I was fuming. His potential was painfully obvious.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I somehow have the feeling that we have a knack of producing youth teams that win stuff at their level but rarely produce worldclass professional footballer afterwards. The closest thing playingin europe top leagues are Boga and Traore, with Christensen, RLC and CHO being some of our less useful squad members.

Just now, communicate said:

Rashford is 23 with 4 years of first team experience. He is not a youth player. Messi was playing at all time level when he was 23

That is true. Hopefully Odoi can kick on from his injur and in 3 or 4 years time, we start seeing a player producing with the same quality as Rashford.

And thing is even if we do get 4th unless improve massively we won't get far..been years since got further then last 16 and doesnt look likely to change.

We had this in our hands. We shouldn't be waiting to see what happens with City. We were fine..until we went silly and forgot how to do the basics

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And thing is even if we do get 4th unless improve massively we won't get far..been years since got further then last 16 and doesnt look likely to change.

We had this in our hands. We shouldn't be waiting to see what happens with City. We were fine..until we went silly and forgot how to do the basics

Its about the money not the progress.

Plus i think we are more likely to leapfrog leicester than prevent being overtaken by manure