The English Football Thread

Steve

still klopp's gegenpressing is more attractive (beside madrid Galacticos) for Worldclass target such as Mbappe, Sancho, Felix, Dybala, etc. and as i know FSG didn't have financial issue,,they even bought Van Dijk as a most expensive CB. true,,their front three need regeneration but their Back 4 is even more promising. Allison, TAA, Robertson and Joe Gomez is a long way quality defense so liverpool already solved the defense system for the next 5-7 years....

i can't imagine if they get one of Mbappe or Sancho and Worldclass Midfielder in the next 2 years,,they gonna be more untouchable in PL. the only problem for them is injured....

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

So it looks like the saudi take over is about to complete and will be confirmed today or tomorrow....many said they wont be allowed but that was never the case. Its saudi, its salman, great pals of the west and Eng. Who cares he is a murderer and a vile scumbag...he is our friend.

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

At what cost?

And the cost of the economy not getting moving again will lead to mass poverty which will cause a lot more problems than this virus can dream too.

Also I find it strange how footballs the only business you're giving shit about trying to resume it's business and get up and running again, for example the drama industry has had their actors return to filming this month yet I haven't seen you critisize them.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

At what cost?

By the way, IIRC, didn't you like play this whole COVID-19 thing down when it first broke out? You said it was being overblown (or something like that) and that you didn't care about it? 

5 hours ago, blu35_army said:

still klopp's gegenpressing is more attractive (beside madrid Galacticos) for Worldclass target such as Mbappe, Sancho, Felix, Dybala, etc. and as i know FSG didn't have financial issue,,they even bought Van Dijk as a most expensive CB. true,,their front three need regeneration but their Back 4 is even more promising. Allison, TAA, Robertson and Joe Gomez is a long way quality defense so liverpool already solved the defense system for the next 5-7 years....

i can't imagine if they get one of Mbappe or Sancho and Worldclass Midfielder in the next 2 years,,they gonna be more untouchable in PL. the only problem for them is injured....

Robertson turns 27 this coming season,  so zero chance he is still world class in 5 or 6 years. Almost all fullbacks collapse soon after they are over 30yo. Gomez is not a given to get there (he should but isnt there yet at all).

Liverpool cannot afford Mbappe. With his wage demands plus t-fee he will cost around £500m for 5 years. Sancho will end up at Manure.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

And the cost of the economy not getting moving again will lead to mass poverty which will cause a lot more problems than this virus can dream too.

Also I find it strange how footballs the only business you're giving shit about trying to resume it's business and get up and running again, for example the drama industry has had their actors return to filming this month yet I haven't seen you critisize them.

Its only the rich getting richer......getting the economy moving is one thing, finishing the leagues and CL etc under these rules that they have set feels like salvaging what money they can.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

By the way, IIRC, didn't you like play this whole COVID-19 thing down when it first broke out? You said it was being overblown (or something like that) and that you didn't care about it? 

I sure did, but that doesnt change the fact that they themselves said we cant do this and that, they are saying more people are getting corona again after the reopening( footy included ) so its still semi dangerous going by the words of those in power. They talk about social distancing yet players are constantly super close to eachother on the field, yet in the stands folks are required to have minimum 2meters gap between them with masks on and whatnot.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Its only the rich getting richer......getting the economy moving is one thing, finishing the leagues and CL etc under these rules that they have set feels like salvaging what money they can.

I sure did, but that doesnt change the fact that they themselves said we cant do this and that, they are saying more people are getting corona again after the reopening( footy included ) so its still semi dangerous going by the words of those in power. They talk about social distancing yet players are constantly super close to eachother on the field, yet in the stands folks are required to have minimum 2meters gap between them with masks on and whatnot.

When you consider the measures being taken, the general improved all round hygiene and the fact this virus has seriously hurt obscenely few under 40's with no health issues footballers are probably statistically safer than ever on a football pitch, and certainly infinity times more than the few weeks leading upto the leagues suspension. 

If you're looking for 100% safe we may aswell end football for good, ask Fabrice Muamba or the family of Antonio Puerta if football pre covid was bulletproof.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When you consider the measures being taken, the general improved all round hygiene and the fact this virus has seriously hurt obscenely few under 40's with no health issues footballers are probably statistically safer than ever on a football pitch, and certainly infinity times more than the few weeks leading upto the leagues suspension. 

If you're looking for 100% safe we may aswell end football for good, ask Fabrice Muamba or the family of Antonio Puerta if football pre covid was bulletproof.

I get that but then why the news that more footballers/staff have been tested positive, why are squad players forced to sit far away from eachother when its totally ok on the field. Im not saying close shit down and decimate the economy, its more on the double standards and greed at display.

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I get that but then why the news that more footballers/staff have been tested positive, why are squad players forced to sit far away from eachother when its totally ok on the field. Im not saying close shit down and decimate the economy, its more on the double standards and greed at display.

SD is being done wherever possible, it's not possible when playing so they counter that with mass testing and isolation of positives. There's "normal" places of work where SD is also impossible and they can't mass test staff as they don't have the resources to source.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

SD is being done wherever possible, it's not possible when playing so they counter that with mass testing and isolation of positives. There's "normal" places of work where SD is also impossible and they can't mass test staff as they don't have the resources to source.

Its a cluster fuck in which way one looks at it.