• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So why are we basing this performance from Spurs as evidence they will leapfrog us? Even under Poch Spurs managed to get the better of City. Only difference is that with Poch they played decent football and offered something that we could genuinly worry about. 

This was the most smash and grab performance I've seen from Spurs and Mourinho. 

Depends on the next 2 games. If we can beat Man U and Spurs and stop losing and drawing randomly then all be good. Lose both those games then be problems.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Apologies I wasn't aware.

I think we will do it purely because a six point lead against teams that struggle to string two wins together (even if we can't aswell) is a big advantage at this stage, even more so with all the rivals still to come to our gaff.

But furthermore even if we don't (which I accept is possible) I don't think it will be Spurs that take advantage, it will be United or Wolves.

Apologies wasn't needed, no worries. 

We have a 4 point lead on Spurs, and this win will give them a confidence boost. So anything can happen to be honest. I really think that Spurs has a overall better team than United or Wolves. 

One thing is for sure though, if Christensen starts these next couple of games then we're fucked loool.

As much as Spurs winning is a damper on our moods, I feel like some sort of justice was done with City's sending off for their 'tactical foul'. They've gotten away with that bollocks under Pep for seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Liverpool only need 6 more league wins to win the title. SIX. Could win it at Everton! 

Even less if City and Leicester drop points...21st March it'll be done if not sooner. That's if Liverpool dont drop points which is mega unlikely. 

Madness..this is why think they'll be in another European final. Not just on performance but once the league is done which it is anyway..focus elsewhere.

The remaining selected tough fixtures (on paper):

CHELSEA
Man United (h)
Spurs (h)
Man City (h)
Sheffield United (a)
Liverpool (a)
Wolves (h)

P.S. Sheffield, Liverpool and Wolves are 3 of our last 4 league games. They might or might not matter by then...

TOTTENHAM
Chelsea (a)
Wolves (h)
Man United (h)
Sheffield United (a)
Arsenal (h)
Leicester (h)

MAN UNITED
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Spurs (a)
Sheffield United (h)
Leicester (a)

At least we know weeks ahead of time how both United and Spuds play. We have plenty of time to train on playing against counter attacking teams with fast wide players who will sit deep and spring whenever possible.

Perfect time to reinstall Tomori back to the team in place of AC. And also hope Pulisic is back fit.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we conspire to allow this awful Spuds team with no Harry Kane (or ANY natural striker!) for the rest of the season finish above us then everyone deserves the sack. 

the bad bad news is that other than versus us at the Bridge (where we are playing like shite atm for ages)

Spuds are the on paper favourite in all their remaining EPL games

Wolves, Manure, Arse and Leicester are ALL home games for them

the only other on paper tough game is away at Sheffield United

al the rest are versus dregs

we have (in terms of hard games)

Manure at home

Spuds at home

lose those 2 above and we are well on verge of fucked

Shitty at home

Sheffield U away (absolute MUST win, especially if Spuds beat them away 3 weeks before we do, as that is a pure like for like)

Victimpool away

Wolves at home (another must win, it may come down to this game, and Wolves are a handful)

that Spuds game is fucking massive

and odds are high IF we lose to Manure before, we go down v spuds as well, and that date (Feb 22, 2020) is when we cough up 4th, perhaps for good as Spuds next game is an almost lock (Villa)

19 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So why are we basing this performance from Spurs as evidence they will leapfrog us? Even under Poch Spurs managed to get the better of City. Only difference is that with Poch they played decent football and offered something that we could genuinly worry about. 

This was the most smash and grab performance I've seen from Spurs and Mourinho. 

top 4 trouble is based off remaining schedule

we drop the next 2 (Manure then Spuds) they will leapfrog us and with 2 pretty much lock losses (Bindippers and probably Shitty who will have full team back by then) and Spuds have NO sure defeats left (if they beat us) then odds are against us

Spuds improved their team this window

we are actually weaker, lololol

I know many are all focused on Kane out, but Son has played superbly as a number nine in the past and Mou will figure that out perhaps to the point we are in bad shape

Everyone responsible at Chelsea should take this as a wake up call. For a long long time our main opponents slipped when we slipped and we were grateful. Well, not today. Today shows that sh.t does happen and can happen again.

Just get our sh.t together and start winning games again!

Late goals we conceded against Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle and Sheffield are so annoying now when every point matters. Spurs in the other hand got lucky with late goal against Wolves away and also with missed penalties by Watford and City today. 

Just now, milan.cech said:

Everyone responsible at Chelsea should take this as a wake up call. For a long long time our main opponents slipped when we slipped and we were grateful. Well, not today. Today shows that sh.t does happen and can happen again.

Just get our sh.t together and start winning games again!

You're very close to going full Steven 'This does not fucking slip!' Gerrard. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Our squad ain't great, that we all know but don't tell me you wouldn't be moaning if we had signed Bergwijn and Fernandes.

If you're talking about option, then we have options too! It's just not being utilized properly but that's another debate. 

I wouldnt mind Bergwijn to be honest, he ran and ran and took his goal superbly. Yes I agree we need better but so far we have seen nothing. We need a spark to lift the team.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

All that based on one performance? :carlo: 

Not only that, its cuz he has potential and can be deadly as we saw in tight spaces. He didnt cost a bomb either. They have somwhat refreshened their squad, a squad in dire need of help.