The English Football Thread

Steve

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

the root of it is the same, an incompetent board underinvesting in the brand, signing and selling the wrong players

You said it my man......you are only as good as your leaders allows it. If they are incompetent you are in bad shape already.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Rashford out for at least 3 months with a double fractured back

Damn.....but of course them pool cunts never suffer from bad injuries or long term ones. And someone test these cunts, something does not add up here.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, Vesper said:

Rashford out for at least 3 months with a double fractured back

If we don't use this then I don't know. United missing two best players in Pogba and Rashford. Spurs the same with Kane and Eriksen leaving. Not to mention we will probably need less than 65 points for fourth place. Everything goes our way. 

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Damn.....but of course them pool cunts never suffer from bad injuries or long term ones. And someone test these cunts, something does not add up here.

Give it a break. This is honesty Liverpool's first season in recent memory they've been able to keep all their players fit. Klopp is also one of the best managers in terms of fitness. I remember his Dortmund side playing with the same intensity. 

Combine that with the fact nearly 90% of Liverpools XI are in their prime, it's no surprise they are where they are at. 

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

If we don't use this then I don't know. United missing two best players in Pogba and Rashford. Spurs the same with Kane and Eriksen leaving. Not to mention we will probably need less than 65 points for fourth place. Everything goes our way. 

Well if going by our standards then even then we can easily fuck it up...easily.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Give it a break. This is honesty Liverpool's first season in recent memory they've been able to keep all their players fit. Klopp is also one of the best managers in terms of fitness. I remember his Dortmund side playing with the same intensity. 

Combine that with the fact nearly 90% of Liverpools XI are in their prime, it's no surprise they are where they are at. 

That may be but this is epl, its much more taxing and hectic. And they have done this for 2-3 years now. Very lucky in terms of injuries.....some might say too lucky.

the dippers should be up 6 or 7 nil

not joking

least clinical I have seen them in ages

they look rusty not tired at all

happens at times when you come of a huge compacted series of games

even Klopp seems very subdued

all that said, I still feel like they have almost never been in full control

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

they have had a lot of injuries this year

and still are utterly dominant

hat tip to Klopp

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they have had a lot of injuries this year

and still are utterly dominant

hat tip to Klopp

That I can give.....but man the level of epl has been crap imo. Beside pool and city all the other top teams are way way bad compared to before. Standsrds have fallen big time imo.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

That I can give.....but man the level of epl has been crap imo. Beside pool and city all the other top teams are way way bad compared to before. Standsrds have fallen big time imo.

oh, I 100% agree there

28 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I know mate, its not good enough at all by both Clubs. We all used to laugh at arsenal being happy with top 4 finish......we are there now.

Completely different, worlds different.

Why Arsenal became Arsenal so to speak is they didn't adapt their expectations once Cesc, Nasri, RVP etc al matured. There's no crime in lowering expectations for a temporary period, especially when you lose your best player and are handing crucial squad places to teenagers with no previous top flight experience. To demand a title challenge under those circumstances would be moronic.

I think it has more to do with teams catching up around the continent along with more backing. Having said that, what does that say about everyone else after last season in Europe?

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Completely different, worlds different.

Why Arsenal became Arsenal so to speak is they didn't adapt their expectations once Cesc, Nasri, RVP etc al matured. There's no crime in lowering expectations for a temporary period, especially when you lose your best player and are handing crucial squad places to teenagers with no previous top flight experience. To demand a title challenge under those circumstances would be moronic.

Arsenal lacked ambition, settled with many average players and never replaced their quality players and down they went. Of course a time comes when you have to build all over again and expectations must be adequate. ANd what if we didnt have all these teenagers to fill in? Its poor management simple. Lets see what we will and can do summer time....

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I think it has more to do with teams catching up around the continent along with more backing. Having said that, what does that say about everyone else after last season in Europe?

That too plays a part but no denying most big Clubs have fallen asleep or content somehow.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Arsenal lacked ambition, settled with many average players and never replaced their quality players and down they went. Of course a time comes when you have to build all over again and expectations must be adequate. ANd what if we didnt have all these teenagers to fill in? Its poor management simple. Lets see what we will and can do summer time....

Point is, settling for mere top four occasionally isn't the crime it's made out to be. Even Fergie did it for a few years while he constructed his greatest ever side.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Point is, settling for mere top four occasionally isn't the crime it's made out to be. Even Fergie did it for a few years while he constructed his greatest ever side.

And that's what Liverpool have done really under Klopp. Couple seasons on the outside and then bam up theyve flown. Taken time but hes made a team which he hard to top for the next few seasons.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Def agree there but at the same time you are not guarantted success like that. FErgie was Fergie, with plenty revenue to buy quality when he saw fit.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And that's what Liverpool have done really under Klopp. Couple seasons on the outside and then bam up theyve flown. Taken time but hes made a team which he hard to top for the next few seasons.

Klopp is proven, have loads of experience and has his style of play.....and even in his shitty years with pool you could clearly see progress. I hope we see similar under FL but its looking increacingly difficult. He is still a rookie but Ihope he learns.