• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I think he will do good with Spurs. 

Spurs have a great team and there's no one better then to get a last push from a team then Mourinho. 

Have every chance of winning something this season in the competition that they are in except pl because it's too late. 

One thing though, I for sure expect Spurs to beat Liverpool as Mourinho will be up for that. :)

But we all know Daniel Levy is not a big spender and that doesn't go down well with Mourinho. Arsenal are certainly more inclined to spend than Spurs. Think Pochettino is the safest because of the credit he has built and he signed a new contract not too long, IIRC.

Anything to say? [emoji848]

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

That's how he loves them. 11 from 14 players he used in CL final with Inter were around 30 or older expecially defenders like Samuel, Chivu, Lucio, Cordoba, Materazzi, Zanetti... Spurs success with him will depend on how their players react to him. He is a great motivator I don't think quality is the issue here. And he already show the world he can overachieve in his career, something Pep for example never did. 

He’s a great motivator? Are we talking about pre-2010 Mourinho or post-2010 Mourinho? What the last few years has shown is that he’s struggled to get through to the modern/Gen Z players. He hasn’t gotten the same kind of commitment, loyalty from them lot compared to previous generation players. 

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Are you saying the Spurs squad today is better than our 2004-5 squad? if you are you are your taking the piss mate.

That 2004-2005 Chels side is my all time favourite football team, only shame was we went in the CL semis to fucking the dippers and we were fucking robbed on a no pen call, absolute murder crime!. Hyypiä BULLDOZED Kežman in the box, and then Gudjohnsen flashed it wide. I went BONKERS.

We would have taken out AC Milan in Istanbul, I know it.. Was a perfect balance of BRUTAL defence and out and out bomber attack. NO Spuds team was ever within 1000 miles of it. That team cemented me forever as bleed-BLUE girl.

The no call is at 6:40 and on in this video Fucking robbery! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

4d96199710d428f7df3e6e6e2ca03f76.png01aa94f624415537be39ac5313eb837c.png4bfb33e4f424a6375ad39a9a400fbefb.png

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Expect to see Sissoko playing up front, Ali as a holding midfielder and Eriksen right back.

Dier as an second striker

Sessegnon back to the academy team (too young, lolol)

and a January transfer for Matic from Manure

hell maybe Ashley Young too!!!

9 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Definitely and don't forget Crespo would have been ineligible to play. 

Not in the CL. They have always let loan players face their parent club, Courtois played against us and Morientes faced Real for Monaco.

I recall Crespo said in an interview a few weeks before the semis confirming he would play against us.

34 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not in the CL. They have always let loan players face their parent club, Courtois played against us and Morientes faced Real for Monaco.

I recall Crespo said in an interview a few weeks before the semis confirming he would play against us.

Must admit I didn't know that it's a weird rule.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

That 2004-2005 Chels side is my all time favourite football team, only shame was we went in the CL semis to fucking the dippers and we were fucking robbed on a no pen call, absolute murder crime!. Hyypiä BULLDOZED Kežman in the box, and then Gudjohnsen flashed it wide. I went BONKERS.

We would have taken out AC Milan in Istanbul, I know it.. Was a perfect balance of BRUTAL defence and out and out bomber attack. NO Spuds team was ever within 1000 miles of it. That team cemented me forever as bleed-BLUE girl.

The no call is at 6:40 and on in this video Fucking robbery! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

4d96199710d428f7df3e6e6e2ca03f76.png01aa94f624415537be39ac5313eb837c.png4bfb33e4f424a6375ad39a9a400fbefb.png

the million dollar question, did the frigging ball cross the line? VAR would have been useful for sure back then, who knows what could have happened? we missed too many chances over 2 legs against them anyway and we payed the price for it :( 

I guess things happen for a reason, otherwise the miracle comeback of Instanbul wouldn't have happened and the rest is history. We finally got it in 2012 in the most dramatic fashion possible, so it makes up for it.

8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Must admit I didn't know that it's a weird rule.

Jovic played against Benfica in the Europa League last year aswell while still their player.

I'm not sure on the rules in foreign league's but in the PL and FA Cup you can't have loan players playing against parent clubs but the EFL cup and CL/Europa allow it.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think the point Jason is making that he could have still got on with it and focused on getting the best out of what he had despite not getting it all his own way. The way Lampard has managed a potentially perilous situation has well and truly taken away the transfer market excuse from Mou.

Indeed. Plus even if we take out the 2015/16 season, Mourinho's first course of action after a bad result is generally throw the team or player(s) under the bus. That approach might have worked for him 10 years ago but it certainly hasn't worked for him in modern football times. Whether they are better or worse, players these days require a more 'arm around the shoulder' (or something along that) approach rather than being publicly humiliated. His handling of Luke Shaw, for example, at United was a farce and, pretty much bullying him in the public almost every single week. It's a little wonder that players these days don't have the same loyalty, commitment like others had for him a decade ago. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Dier as an second striker

Sessegnon back to the academy team (too young, lolol)

and a January transfer for Matic from Manure

hell maybe Ashley Young too!!!

Watch Mourinho bring Fellaini back to England. Hell, Spurs might even get Willian now!

Was out all night just woke up and saw this.....what a fucking sacrilege man. And you might as well put cash on FA to fuck os over vs spurs. Theres no chance they will allow them to lose against us.

Utd was one thing....but spurs Jose? Are you that desperate?

Get ready for the wankathon and lots of gifts coming their way in the shape of var.

When they come to SB....people aint gonna like this. My brother is right, he is just whoring himself now in EPL.

Think he'll give them a considerable boost this season but it gets sketchy in the summer. Basically will need an entirely new back 4. Will Eriksen be happy now and want to stay under Mou?

They need some major surgery and I can't see Levy giving Mou the absolute dump truck full of cash needed to rebuild. Mourinho is still a big enough lure to get them some nice signings in his first season I suppose. Plus the lure of London.

What a weird appointment, though. Both from Spuds' perspective and Mou's. Like Arsenal, Spuds seem like the opposite sort of club that would be interested in him. They claim to be all about class, dignity, bringing through young players, playing exciting footy. They don't spend loads of cash and don't ever have a controversial figure representing the club. From Mou's perspective, I feel like if he had waitied until the summer he could've gotten a bigger, better job.

Will be interesting to see how Mou reacts after a coup,e of transfer windows in which Levy refuses to buy from the top of the tree or after his top target chooses a rival PL club over Spuds. Who knows, maybe Levy has changed and will spend like the big boys now.