The English Football Thread

Steve

Tbh Spurs have horrific full backs. I think RB and LB are only positions Jose is not happy with. He wanted Toby weird last name for years. Hugo is a World champion. Kane is his dream. Son, Eriksen, Ndombele... How do you upgrade on these players? Plus they are most physical side and he's gonna love it. Perfect team for him! 

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh Spurs have horrific full backs. I think RB and LB are only positions Jose is not happy with. He wanted Toby weird last name for years. Hugo is a World champion. Kane is his dream. Son, Eriksen, Ndombele... How do you upgrade on these players? Plus they are most physical side and he's gonna love it. Perfect team for him! 

Vertonghen and Alderweireld are 30+ years old. Lloris has been error prone. Kane turns 27 next year, will he stick around and take the risk to see if Spurs will win anything? Eriksen may still want to leave. Plus, they don’t have the greatest of squad depth.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

If so, then how come they haven’t won anything?

The board and players weren’t faultless but that’s still no excuse how he went about doing things that season. If we are all happy with the way Lampard is managing the team right now, then how can’t people be okay with what Mourinho did back then? The atmosphere and mood is night and day. Criticizing the players is one thing but throwing them under the bus and doing so every week? That surely has served Mourinho well, hasn’t it?

Because winning trophies is a lot more than just quality. You need mantality, grit. Even sometimes to curb your natural play so that you can stop the opposition. Look at liverpool vs city. Did they press city at all the whole match? NO. They were happy for city to play out of the back and let their full backs commit, and then countered the fuck out of them. Thats what teams who want to win the title do, and something that jose is a master at. Winning is far more than just TALENT.

Are you seriously comparing the best atmosphere we have had in a decade to literally the worst moment of the club since the roman era began? That seems like a perfectly sensible thing to do. Also, were the players playing for the badge? Were they just in a bad form or were they tanking purposefully, specially the likes of costa. I think we all know the answer to it, because of which i dont grudge him throwing those multi-millionare prima-donnas under the bus, one bit. 

8 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

PLease read the whole thing, you will get which team i am comparing with.

I'd rather not you've posted about ten times recently but just to clarify what are the comparisons ? and what the fuck is mantality ?

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Vertonghen and Alderweireld are 30+ years old. 

That's how he loves them. 11 from 14 players he used in CL final with Inter were around 30 or older expecially defenders like Samuel, Chivu, Lucio, Cordoba, Materazzi, Zanetti... Spurs success with him will depend on how their players react to him. He is a great motivator I don't think quality is the issue here. And he already show the world he can overachieve in his career, something Pep for example never did. 

6 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Its spurs at the moment vs us before the roman era. 

Everything was different pre Roman not just for Chelsea if we hadn't beaten Liverpool in 2003 we would have had to sell our best players which were JT and Lamps who were young and Eidur. Apart from that the squad didn't have great depth but then most teams hadn't. I posted a thread about us playing Spurs in 2003 in the gold section you should see the difference in the quality of the two teams it's staggering.

22 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Because winning trophies is a lot more than just quality. You need mantality, grit. Even sometimes to curb your natural play so that you can stop the opposition. Look at liverpool vs city. Did they press city at all the whole match? NO. They were happy for city to play out of the back and let their full backs commit, and then countered the fuck out of them. Thats what teams who want to win the title do, and something that jose is a master at. Winning is far more than just TALENT.

Are you seriously comparing the best atmosphere we have had in a decade to literally the worst moment of the club since the roman era began? That seems like a perfectly sensible thing to do. Also, were the players playing for the badge? Were they just in a bad form or were they tanking purposefully, specially the likes of costa. I think we all know the answer to it, because of which i dont grudge him throwing those multi-millionare prima-donnas under the bus, one bit. 

I think the point Jason is making that he could have still got on with it and focused on getting the best out of what he had despite not getting it all his own way. The way Lampard has managed a potentially perilous situation has well and truly taken away the transfer market excuse from Mou.

And I think it runs a lot deeper than players supposedly downing tools, they supposedly did the same under Conte yet we still finished within one win of top four, they supposedly did it under Ancelotti yet finished 2nd. Even that squad not putting in maximum effort shouldn't be getting toyed with at home to Southampton, Bournemouth, Palace and the worst Liverpool side for generations, when that happens you have to look at the coaching.