• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

I'm pretty sure I remember Pochettino saying he would never coach Barcelona because of his ties with Espanyol. Now wether or not he sticks to his word is another thing, he certainly wouldn't be the first one not to. As for the favorite to land him, it has to be United. They've wanted him for a long time and Ole will certainly not last past this season. Bayern could've been an option but he doesn't speak german.

Yids back to mid table mediocrity where they belong and the bonus of having a white elephant of a new stadium. Just far too ambitious for a club that's won a single trophy in 20 years and it smacks of desperation if they hire the special needs one.

And then this happened : https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11865307/jose-mourinho-in-tottenham-talks-to-replace-mauricio-pochettino

JM will be thoroughly exposed.

Lampard walks all  over JM, so badly want that to happen, when we play Spuds.

I actually think that underdog status at Spurs would suit Jose really well. Plus they've got a very good attack and plenty of goals in Son-Kane-Moura, which would suit his football and their midfielders and defenders aren't that bad either. Eriksen and Ndombele are the sort of midfielders Jose's United was really lacking. Most of their players are pretty experienced at this point and Jose could also get some new life out of the likes of Alderweireld, Rose etc. who have been in decline for past few seasons now. Slightly worried by this because I think Jose would surprise a lot of people over there even though he is now a bit outdated as a manager. All their top players could actually end up staying if Jose is hired since they all know that with Jose they might just end up winning few trophies.

Of course, as always with Jose, this would be a short-term thing. Fast forward 5 years and Spurs would be absolute shambles but by that time Jose will be long gone

I hope it will be Mourinho. His idea of football is so anachronistic and the opposite of what Poch tried to play there. He will freeze out their best players, create a toxic atmosphere, play Dier on the wing and leave them with a mightx League Cup medal but on a relegation place in 15 months. 

Allegri on the other hand would make Tottenham a completely different animal with his versatile style. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Pochettino was unhappy at Spurs because Daniel Levy didn't want to spend and now he's gonna get Mourinho, who wants to spend hundreds of millions of dollars, to replace Pochettino?! :carlo: 

How many hundreds of million dollars did Jose need to win the 2 CLs he did with porto and inter? People seem to forget their histories or may be just selective remember things for their own agendas. 

With no urgent need of success, Jose might do what he normally and sarcastically said about managers with no pressure of trophy. I don't know how this jose-spurs combo would go, but in no way has Jose's success been built on millions of dollars, it been built on players doing his bidding. If anything, his downfall has been built on the money he spent, getting big names and egos who ended up screwing him over (Costa, pogba).

Spurs would suit Jose perfectly ... he has his type of players, underdogs, striker who can score, can play a physical game ... couple of things to be added/removed and they could be strong from the next season. Also with Jose coming in Kane and Eriksen might just stay put which will be a big thing for Spurs ... 

Plus he brings the experience of the PL which is a massive advantage. I sincerely hope it is not Jose at Spurs.  

14 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

How many hundreds of million dollars did Jose need to win the 2 CLs he did with porto and inter? People seem to forget their histories or may be just selective remember things for their own agendas. 

Mourinho spent approximately 150 million across 2 seasons at Inter Milan. The transfer market may not been so busted like now 10-11 years ago but he still went out there and spent. It's only at Porto where he didn't have big spending budget. Otherwise, he's pretty much spent big with other clubs and always want big signings. And when he doesn't get what he wants, he throws his toys out of the pram. 

14 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

With no urgent need of success, Jose might do what he normally and sarcastically said about managers with no pressure of trophy. I don't know how this jose-spurs combo would go, but in no way has Jose's success been built on millions of dollars, it been built on players doing his bidding. If anything, his downfall has been built on the money he spent, getting big names and egos who ended up screwing him over (Costa, pogba).

It's been built on players doing his bidding? Doesn't that apply to every other manager? Every manager go out there to spend and buy players that fit what they want and Mourinho has been one of the very few managers who's been able to spend A LOT. He spent like over 300 million at United, for example, it got him/them nowhere. 

Mourinho might be okay with not challenging for trophies immediately but after a season or two perhaps, he would want to do so and that means, he would want to spend (similar to our case in 2013/14 & 2014/15) and Levy has been very stingy when it comes to spending.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mourinho spent approximately 150 million across 2 seasons at Inter Milan. The transfer market may not been so busted like now 10-11 years ago but he still went out there and spent. It's only at Porto where he didn't have big spending budget. Otherwise, he's pretty much spent big with other clubs and always want big signings. And when he doesn't get what he wants, he throws his toys out of the pram. 

It's been built on players doing his bidding? Doesn't that apply to every other manager? Every manager go out there to spend and buy players that fit what they want and Mourinho has been one of the very few managers who's been able to spend A LOT. He spent like over 300 million at United, for example, it got him/them nowhere. 

Mourinho might be okay with not challenging for trophies immediately but after a season or two perhaps, he would want to do so and that means, he would want to spend (similar to our case in 2013/14 & 2014/15) and Levy has been very stingy when it comes to spending.

2008-09: Spent: 65.4, Sold: 7.6

2009-10: Spent: 94.2, Sold: 109.1

Total net spend = 42.9 for 2 seasons. I dont think that is anywhere near hundreds of millions. Also, I dont see a sense of counting etoo as a 30 mil buy when they lost one of the best strikers in world football in the same deal. Spurs have a net spend of 110 mil for the last 5 seasons, so pretty much in the same ball park. Is not it? 

When I said its been built of players doing his bidding, it was based on the fact that most of his success was not based on world class players playing teams out of the park. porto had no world class players when they won the CL. JT, DD, Lamps, Essien, Cole , ferreira, carvalho were not world class players in 04/05. 

I am not disagreeing that he HAS spent a lot. And infact, I feel that has been his downfall and the way spurs are might actually help him in that case. With a stingy budget and wages as well as poorer pull of the club, he will have to settle for tier B players. I also feel all of these things (budget constraints) would have been discussed by the likes of JOse and Levy before hand, would not it? As much as we would like, those people are not stupid and actually do know what they are doing.